Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? (1667 Views)

When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Matthew 24:34..."this Generation..." Which Generation Was Jesus Referring? / Why Is The Catholic Church Bible Different From Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2016
Another thing I observed, at the time I read the bible was the sharp polar differences between Jesus and his pops (who is, technically, still him). Jesus, apart from his magic tricks, was a kind, calm(except for when he was mad at the temple, lol), collected man who genuinely seemed to care about humans. Yahweh, on the other hand, is portrayed as a Kim Jong Un level childish, imperfect, psychopath whose emotions are all over the place, killing people at the slightest provocations and sending them to eternal torment for his twisted mind to revel in joy over their screams of agony.
Whatever happened to 'like father, like son'
(This case is even more weird because the father and the son are one person)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Mockinbird: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
Learn from your parent mistakes - USE birth control.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by ifex370(m): 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
Whatever you can't understand is bigger than you
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by winner01(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Another thing I observed, at the time I read the bible was the sharp polar differences between Jesus and his pops (who is, technically, still him). Jesus, apart from his magic tricks, was a kind, calm(except for when he was mad at the temple, lol), collected man who genuinely seemed to care about humans. Yahweh, on the other hand, is portrayed as a Kim Jong Un level childish, imperfect, psychopath whose emotions are all over the place, killing people at the slightest provocations and sending them to eternal torment for his twisted mind to revel in joy over their screams of agony.
And because of this nonsense, God does not exist right? undecided

Go get sleep. Y'all have nothing else to say.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:47am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

God is not Jesus' dad , Jesus is his son in the sense that Jesus is God made manifest in human form when he came on earth . They are separate entities alongside the Holy Spirit each having his own mind and role but are one and equal in divinity , supremacy , authority . In fact , God is the Trinity . So whatever any of the entities does the others agree with Him for they are of "one mind", in unity of purpose and being

There is no soul in Hell , are dead are in sheol . God does not capriciously kill people , death remains the wage of sin . All those who faced the wrath of God brought it upon themselves and whatever befell them is their comeuppance since God is a just judge who cannot be suborned .

Are you oblivious to this popular verse

John 3 : 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son

There are also instances where Jesus spoke in the Old Testament and of course in the New Testament warned sinners of what would befall them if they failed to repent . Please read your bible and stop tabling easily refutable arguments .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:08am On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=Judas2013 post=48375738][/quote]

Your signature says "Learn to think beyond God" . Now this must be a quandry for you as an atheist . If you really want to know how foolish your statement sounds

1 Think about an AI and its programmer/Designer . The AI can only act within the limitation set by the programmer/designer . So it can't exceed the limitation .

2. Humans have an finite mind while God has an infinite mind , so you are making an illogical request .

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is not Jesus' dad , Jesus is his son in the sense that Jesus is God made manifest in human form when he came on earth . They are separate entities alongside the Holy Spirit each having his own mind and role but are one and equal in divinity , supremacy , authority . In fact , God is the Trinity . So whatever any of the entities does the others agree with Him for they are of "one mind", in unity of purpose and being

There is no soul in Hell , are dead are in sheol . God does not capriciously kill people , death remains the wage of sin . All those who faced the wrath of God brought it upon themselves and whatever befell them is their comeuppance since God is a just judge who cannot be suborned .

Are you oblivious to this popular verse

John 3 : 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son

There are also instances where Jesus spoke in the Old Testament and of course in the New Testament warned sinners of what would befall them if they failed to repent . Please read your bible and stop tabling easily refutable arguments .
All are dead in hell? Then what are they experiencing there? Well let's not deviate from the op, you still haven't answered my question. Ok, imagine I say 'Jesus' dad' in a figurative form too. What is responsible for the sharp difference in their personality? From reading the Bible objectively, Jesus' character does not seem like a person who'd sentence children to death for laughing at an old man, or someone that would destroy the whole of humanity by drowning them to death because he's mad at them for doing things he already knew they'd do. That is the question I'm asking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 11, 2016
winner01:
And because of this nonsense, God does not exist right? undecided

Go get sleep. Y'all have nothing else to say.
I've warned you about coming to my threads to spew trash. You behave very childish, if you have nothing reasonable to contribute to the thread then go, create threads for you and your followers to brag about how 'right' you are and revel in your foolishness. Where in the op did I state my personal beliefs? Or where did I make a case against their existence? You make this kind of comment - logical fallacy known as 'argument against the man' - and expect me to take anything you say seriously. Smh

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

All are dead in hell? Then what are they experiencing there? Well let's not deviate from the op, you still haven't answered my question. Ok, imagine I say 'Jesus' dad' in a figurative form too. What is responsible for the sharp difference in their personality? From reading the Bible objectively, Jesus' character does not seem like a person who'd sentence children to death for laughing at an old man, or someone that would destroy the whole of humanity by drowning them to death because he's mad at them for doing things he already knew they'd do. That is the question I'm asking.

I answered your question . I clearly said that whatever actions any of the separate entities take , the others agree with Him for they are of one mind in unity of purpose and being . So yes , Christ supported Yahweh 's actions . Plus because God's prescience always allows him to foresee your actions does not mean you won't get punished for them when you do them . You are the doer not him .

All dead are in sheol , don't ask me what they are experiencing in the land of the dead cos I don't know . I am on earth with you and you expect me to tell you what's going on in another realm
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I answered your question . I clearly said that whatever actions any of the separate entities take , the others agree with Him for they are of one mind in unity of purpose and being . So yes , Christ supported Yahweh 's actions . Plus because God's prescience always allows him to foresee your actions does not mean you won't get punished for them when you do them . You are the doer not him .

All dead are in sheol , don't ask me what they are experiencing in the land of the dead cos I don't know . I am on earth with you and you expect me to tell you what's going on in another realm
Question: if you see someone with strong pacifist leanings, and you see another person who appears to be war monger, in all honesty, you know that nobody needs to tell you that they don't agree with each other on most issues. But you make an exception, because the white man told you that its god, and that's how god reasons. Yet another case of blind faith
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by FearGodAndLive: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2016
Seems like the Bible has had a new secret update no one's heard of. Oh dear, what would the Lord Jesus do?

KingEbukasBlog:

God is not Jesus' dad
Jesus thinks otherwise. Throughout the NT, Jesus makes clear distinctions between Him and His Father.
John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I

KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus is his son in the sense that Jesus is God made manifest in human form when he came on earth . They are separate entities alongside the Holy Spirit each having his own mind and role but are one and equal in divinity , supremacy , authority . In fact , God is the Trinity . So whatever any of the entities does the others agree with Him for they are of "one mind", in unity of purpose and being
Can you provide any verses from the Bible that support this clearly Anti-Christ rhetoric? You've have gone along and formed your own theory in a poor attempt at floating your pathetic IQ.

KingEbukasBlog:

The making and beginning of a tyrant. This is the same reason terrorists can easily kill fellow citizens without any trace of remorse. If they have gone against God's judgment, they deserve to die. They become less human in the eyes of the God-believers. In some cases, the more extreme misfortune the 'sinner' goes through, the more the believer perceives God's judgment. What a horrible way of living. What a horrible ideology. How can such ideology be rooted in the notion of love? Judgment does not seek to destroy, but to correct. Judgment seeks reconciliation not vengeance.

KingEbukasBlog:
Jesus spoke in the OT, that's a new one.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
Seems like the Bible has had a new secret update no one's heard of. Oh dear, what would the Lord Jesus do?

Jesus thinks otherwise. Throughout the NT, Jesus makes clear distinctions between Him and His Father.
John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I

I clearly said that Jesus and Yahweh are separate entities . The Father being greater than Him was congruous with his dual-nature . While he was on earth , he was not fully divine ergo His father was greater than He was .

But Cur Deus Homo ? This explains why

Philippians 2:5-11
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Can you provide any verses from the Bible that support this clearly Anti-Christ rhetoric? You've have gone along and formed your own theory in a poor attempt at floating your pathetic IQ.

Ah ... the usual invective .

Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said, “ Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.

Genesis 3:22
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

Isaiah 6:8
8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.

[s]The making and beginning of a tyrant. This is the same reason terrorists can easily kill fellow citizens without any trace of remorse. If they have gone against God's judgment, they deserve to die. They become less human in the eyes of the God-believers. In some cases, the more extreme misfortune the 'sinner' goes through, the more the believer perceives God's judgment. What a horrible way of living. What a horrible ideology. How can such ideology be rooted in the notion of love? Judgment does not seek to destroy, but to correct. Judgment seeks reconciliation not vengeance[/s].

Extraneous . Not relevant in any way .

Jesus spoke in the OT, that's a new one.

Of course .. What do you know ?

Isaiah 48:16
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Isaiah 61:1
61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by 4kings: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Question: if you see someone with strong pacifist leanings, and you see another person who appears to be war monger, in all honesty, you know that nobody needs to tell you that they don't agree with each other on most issues. But you make an exception, because the white man told you that its god, and that's how god reasons. Yet another case of blind faith
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Deicide: 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Deicide: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Smh lol they have no reasonable answer grin
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Deicide: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
[size=30pt]JESUS IS PEGANISM[/size]
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Smh lol they have no reasonable answer grin

Blame your inability to comprehend smiley
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by 4kings: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Blame your inability to comprehend smiley
Sharaaaaap!!!
If u can't answer this:

AnonyNymous:

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
4kings:

Sharaaaaap!!!
If u can't answer this:

Is that a question or the usual daft conclusions they make undecided
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by 4kings: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Is that a question or the usual daft conclusions they make undecided
That's just his conclusion.
Since you think it's daft, then answer it. undecided
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
4kings:

That's just his conclusion.
Since you think it's daft, then answer it. undecided

Its not a question bro . He has made his conclusion , an opinion I shouldn't be concerned with .
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by 4kings: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its not a question bro . He has made his conclusion , an opinion I shouldn't be concerned with .
OK, let me exclude his conclusion.

Question: if you see someone with strong pacifist leanings, and you see another person who appears to be war monger, in all honesty, you know that nobody needs to tell you that they don't agree with each other on most issues.
So in this context what is the similarity between Yahweh and Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
4kings:

Question: if you see someone with strong pacifist leanings, and you see another person who appears to be war monger, in all honesty, you know that nobody needs to tell you that they don't agree with each other on most issues.
Thank you lol. When I made that post I got carried away. Funny enough, if it were easy for him to refute, he would've . . .
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by 4kings: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Thank you lol. When I made that post I got carried away. Funny enough, if it were easy for him to refute, he would've . . .
I'm patiently waiting for his response
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
4kings:

I've already answered this question . Its right up there .
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
4kings:

I'm patiently waiting for his response
He has no answer
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by 4kings: 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

He has no answer
This is what he said:
I answered your question . I clearly said that whatever actions any of the separate entities take , the others agree with Him for they are of one mind in unity of purpose and being . So yes , Christ supported Yahweh 's actions .

But apparently this still does not answer the "nature" question.
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Have you read the Book of Jonah?
What happpened to the people of Nineveh?
What did God to Them
Re: Why Was Jesus Completely Different From His Dad? by HCpaul(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
ifex370:
Whatever you can't understand is bigger than you

So you actually think that the Bible is a book higher than our intellectual understanding?

You must be kidding me.

A single sane person can create a better and more organized book than the Bible but just that we ain't interested in fooling humanity like the Biblical authors did.

Read through the picture below.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. / Is MMM A Sin To God, If As A Christian One Indulges In It? / The Christians Logic Of Why Yahweh Is The Only God And How They Are Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.