Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG (15223 Views)

We’ve Paid Some Fulani To Stop Killings In Southern Kaduna – El-rufai / Ongoing FG Road Projects In The South-East In Pictures / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by seguntijan(m): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
Voting for Buhari was inevitable. The other option was untenable. Scratch that...there was no other option.
We did what we had to do to get Nigeria right and we will do it again. The way it's looking, we'd be doing it again pretty soon because Nigeria is nowhere near 'right'.
People are jaded and do you blame them? Honestly, do you really blame them? There are days I am emotionally drained about this country. I can't join this praise singing and say things are better. Maybe they will be but right now, I don't feel it. I sincerely hope things get better.
But we did what we had to do on May 28 2015. I am not apologising. I have no regrets. I will do it again. It shows how shitty the other option was that a man who had been rejected 3 times was voted in. We voted for hope.
It's been a tad disappointing and frankly, sometimes mind boggling the way things are being bungled left, right and centre but we will keep pressing on. 4 years is not a long time. Shape up or ship out. No time for iskanci.
I still have hope. As unreasonable as it seems. I do but if things continue the way they are going, that hope will die. It's no biggie. It is what it is.
So please, stop insulting those that are sorry they voted for Buhari. People have a right to be disappointed. Leave them alone. If they want to apologise let them. You don't have to accept their apology. I still for the life of me don't understand why they're apologising. They are better than you. You people still haven't apologised for wanting to foist GEJ on us a second time. Kuku kill us na.
And what is all this 'I told you' nonsense, you didn't have a better option so zip it. If I hear pim! The country was going to hell and we slowed down the pace.
You should be thanking us goddamnit.
You should.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by totorimi: 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
In short since the man went to that ministry, I dont know whether he is now a teacher or a minister anytime he is talking he is teaching us how to use water how to use light and how dams are built. Do the action work, which side only stories upon stories. No light yet, now he says its no longer govt its private sector. The roads we see work going on were all projects started off by last administration. The stories and winding is just too much.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by engrhorla(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
obailala:
The last time I passed the Benin-Auchi road was mid-2014, only about 400m of the road had been demarcated (not dualised). I hear the contract was since abandoned and the road (especially the Auch area) is in a horrible state every rainy season.

I pass the road well well

I don't even knw there is a plan to dualise

Just that in Auchi, you see some slight demarcation..signs of abandoned road

Verdict: going to Abuja from Benin, u won't see dualised road till you get to Lokoja

Conclusion: d road has been totally forgotten

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by obailala(m): 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
engrhorla:

Verdict: going to Abuja from Benin, u won't see dualised road till you get to Lokoja

Once you branch off the Benin by-pass into the road, you would see signs of planned dualisation for the first at least 400m.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Omonigeriarere: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
onnenka:
Na Tinubu account all the money enter.

Minister of darkness and bad roads.

You and Tinubu sha.... Hope mentioning this name called 'Tinubu' is not sending your sense of reasoning to an exile.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Orikinla(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
Keneking:
Fraud. How come we are not feeling the impact of such spend embarassed embarassed embarassed

[size=14pt]Majority of government contractors have been paid, but they have not paid their workers and using the excuse of recession to tell lies while they are buying luxury cars and SUVs and pampering their mistresses.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
Orikinla:

[size=14pt]Majority of government contractors have been paid, but they have not paid their workers and using the excuse of recession to tell lies while they are buying luxury cars and SUVs and pampering their mistresses.[/size]

Fallacy. Mention names of companies that have been paid since the budget was signed into law.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by kelvine(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lai Mohammed has been told to slow down, it is Fashola's turn to tell l...

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by stasius: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
Liars!

So what about Enugu Onitsha expressway?

This government can lie eeeh. Tufia! When will u start delivering? When!! When?!!! Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Princejboy(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
#NOTED
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by rhymaholic: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
Enough of all these figures abeg. We need hard results.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Alfa55: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by OBADUPE: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Erifenz: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
story story
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Jirate(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
engrhorla:

grin grin grin grin

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
Is that the next thing! Are we eating the roads!! undecided Why is the Minister for Agriculture silent undecided

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by pre88: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
Tomorrow they will come and say its the former administration's project.
Nice one PMB and Fashola. wailers can continue to wail, the have been doing so even before the election so I don't expect them not to.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by pre88: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Tomorrow they will come and say its the former administration's project.
Nice one PMB and Fashola. wailers can continue to wail, they have been doing so even before the election so I don't expect them not to.
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Bakason247(m): 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
The report stated that ''700 billion out of the 2.1 trillion Liabilities for the construction of 206 road projects across the country" was paid!

This could be the reason why most contractors like Julius and RCC constructing the Lagos - Ibadan expressway have returned to site after abandoning these projects since late 2014.

Liabilities means they were owed to contractors for projects already executed or already partly completed!

So, we shouldn't expect to see the effects of this payments immediately, because the Govt is only paying for projects completed/partly completed in the past.

The only thing we should expect from this payment is that the contractors might go back to site for ongoing road construction projects, since govt has shown commitment in settling their outstanding Liabilities.

5 Likes

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by phkka1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
How much did you collect as kick back for your presidential ambition?
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Josmila(m): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
Keneking:
Fraud. How come we are not feeling the impact of such spend embarassed embarassed embarassed

Want to feel the impact? Just remove your shirt and stand on the expressway nearest to you, you'll feel it. Nigeria must be small as your street of residence undecided
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by IrradiatoR: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Jirate:

O Boy no be only You, Me I no see the Roads O.

Na only the Ones wey Gej do I dey See……….., like the Benin Ore Road. Men, that road is Good. (for those Portions that he did before leaving) Any time on my way to Lagos from Benin or returning, I always Pray Good Prayers for Jonathan inside me.

you nor lie smiley it does feels good driving on that portion of the road GEJ fixed. . .

I hope and pray the present Govt completes it to Sagamu interchange

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Reference(m): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
Just try your best oga Fashola. But there are other ideas to bridge the funding gap and make these projects impact the economy and the jobs market more effectively.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by lookmangiw(m): 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
Government of deceits. they will never stop to amuse the people.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by Mrjo(m): 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Bros when i saw 700b i was happy only to realise he recieve 103b out of 300b that was released, he complete it with his onw money
Zico5:
Fashola, pls continue ur good work o. The wailers will never see good deeds here. They have been blindfolded by corruption and chop I chop. Their allegiance is forever for the clueless one. The end of this tenure will justify the mean. I love this good news
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by blowjohn(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
Keneking:

how does one feel the impact of roads? is road food? or do u move from state to state? do u roam about?

1 Like

Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by modupe2: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Receive sense please

saintkel:
Which road pls? I have not seen any meaningful project executed since dis Daura man took over from GEJ. All projects commissioned r those from previous admin
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by nurusystem(m): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
thanks for briefing us,,i wish u a suuccessful comiissioning
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by paulchucks: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2016
he said he only received 102 billion from the budget how the can he pay 700 billion abi na from his papa account
Re: We’ve Paid N700bn For Road Projects – FG by greatman247(m): 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Izonpikin:
I hope there won't be another anenih saga....contract those road projects to Julies berger and let's see results...

Arab Contractors are the best. they deliver top quality road, i swear. I dey hail them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Blasts Clerics Over Predictions Of His Impeachment- The Vanguard / Gaza War: Nigeria, Other Israel’s Crude Oil Fuel Suppliers Risk War Crimes Probe / Labour To Strike If ASUU Issue Is Not Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.