Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard (5116 Views)

Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nkonadi(m): 10:30am On Aug 11, 2016
GTBank has recently made a review to the spendings using Naira MasterCard for her customers for International cash withdrawals via ATMs and International payments via POS and online.. This review also Include the GTBank virtual MasterCard for safe online shopping introduced by the bank.

In a message to its customers Today, Guaranty Trust Bank said the new limits for both spending using their Naira MasterCard and cash withdrawal is $1000 per month.

In line with the review, which takes immediate effect, users of the Naira MasterCard have been advised to limit their spending to only $1000 per month, which equals $12,000 per annum.

On ATM cash withdrawals, the bank said the new limit was $100. (subject to a maximum monthly limit of $1,000).

Below is the exact message received via Email:

Dear Customer, Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard
We write to inform you of the monthly spending limits currently applicable when using your GTBank Naira MasterCard for International cash withdrawals via ATMs and International payments via POS and online.

Please see details below:

Channels
Previous Monthly Limit
New Monthly Limit

POS, Online and ATM Cash Withdrawal
$2,000
$1,000

Kindly note the ATM cash withdrawal limit applicable on your Naira MasterCard is $100 daily (subject to a maximum monthly limit of $1,000).

http://www.techdibia.com/2016/08/august-2016-gtb-reviews-atm-withdrawal.html
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Mrgabson: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
hmm
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by SirElaw(m): 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
What is the new GTBank Naira MasterCard spending limit
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
SirElaw:
What is the new GTBank Naira MasterCard spending limit
$100
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by SirElaw(m): 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
sunnyboi:

$100
Monthly?
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
SirElaw:

Monthly?

Yes, monthly
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by SirElaw(m): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
sunnyboi:

Yes, monthly
Thanks bro. Mind if we chat on whatsapp?
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
alright no P, u can PM or write ur contact here i will get in touch
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by dyonpoint: 9:32am On Feb 04, 2017
I made a $50 transaction day before yesterday and o have been unable to do another. All I get is cumulative limit exceeded.
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by SirElaw(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
dyonpoint:
I made a $50 transaction day before yesterday and o have been unable to do another. All I get is cumulative limit exceeded.
Considering charges which would be deducted from the $100 you might have exceeded the limit. Try a transaction of $40-$44. That should bring your cumulative plus charges to almost $100
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 08, 2017
Please so this means I can't buy anything above $100 daily.

Been trying to buy a phone of $130 but there is always a problem of payment from my bank via aliexpress... No other way to do this?
SirElaw:

Considering charges which would be deducted from the $100 you might have exceeded the limit. Try a transaction of $40-$44. That should bring your cumulative plus charges to almost $100
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by SirElaw(m): 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
hopsydboi:
Please so this means I can't buy anything above $100 daily.

Been trying to buy a phone of $130 but there is always a problem of payment from my bank via aliexpress... No other way to do this?
Not daily. Monthly. The limit is $100 per month.
If you want to get the phone from Amazon, you can get a gift card worth $100 and get another worth $30 (with another card). Then use the giftcards to get the phone.
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
SirElaw:

Not daily. Monthly. The limit is $100 per month.
If you want to get the phone from Amazon, you can get a gift card worth $100 and get another worth $30 (with another card). Then use the giftcards to get the phone.

That too bad! M buying d phone from aliexpress, I even try n choose another one that cost $110 . it more expensive on amazon.

Really need d phone asap!
Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by 1Rebel: 4:23am On Feb 13, 2017
This policy is stupid and embarrassing. Imagine winning a bid on ebay and not being able to pay for the item. SMH

1 Like

Re: August 2016: Review of The International Spending Limit on Your Naira MasterCard by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 13, 2017
hopsydboi:

That too bad! M buying d phone from aliexpress, I even try n choose another one that cost $110 . it more expensive on amazon.

Really need d phone asap!

Check out this thread, there's a way out.

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1

(1) (Reply)

Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal / Buhahahaha. Jimoh Refutes Dangote Bilionaire Claims. Says No Billionaire In Nig / Writing Your Business Plan. A Practical Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.