Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) (28529 Views)

The Food Served To The Presidential Guards In Aso Rock (Photos) / President Buhari Poses With His Children And Grandchildren In Aso Rock. Photos / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by eleburu(f): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4092449_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4092450_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, on Thursday met behind closed doors with President Muhammadu Buhari.

The meeting which lasted about an hour was held inside the President’s office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Soyinka was accompanied by a public relations expert, Dr. Yomi Ogunbiyi.

The agenda of the meeting described as a private one was not made public and the Presidency did not issue any statement on it.

As he emerged from the President’s office after the meeting, the Nobel Laureate was visibly surprised to see State House correspondents who were already laying ambush for him in front of the Press Gallery.

“I didn’t come to see you people,” he said as he attempted to break through a barricade set up by the journalists.

When it became clear to him that the reporters would not relent, Soyinka said, “I came to discuss national and international matters, general matters, that’s all!”

When further probed about the details of the discussion, he said he would not divulge such.

Clearly not comfortable with press interview, Soyinka declared, “I will be holding a press conference in about a week. You can ask me any question then, but now, please I will just like to get away.”

With that the journalists made way for him to leave the premises.

http://punchng.com/buhari-wole-soyinka-meet-inside-aso-rock/

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nonsense meeting

The poet has nothing to offer Buhari economically.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by madridguy(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
The present economic situation is really alarming. I guess the meeting is how to move our country forward.

Sai Baba act fast, I believe and have trust in you.

May God help you and grant you more wisdom to bring $1-#1.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by cktheluckyman: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:
The present economic situation is really alarming. I guess the meeting is how to move our country forward.

no one is even asking for $1=N1.He should just return Nigeria to the way he met it chikenaaa

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
embarassed Soyinka please try and download some sense into that gworo chewing dullard head ... Make him understand that nigerians are suffering

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by madridguy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Don't worry, Abu Zahra is really working hard. grin

cktheluckyman:

no one is even asking for $1=N1.He should just return Nigeria to the way he met it chikenaaa

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by ZACHIE: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hmm
Hoping some children of mischief will not be saying WS has gone to be settled .

These are really troubling times that there might be salvation in multitudes of counsel.

PMB should not only listen and he should hear more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by LMAyedun(m): 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Buhari, Saraki, Dogara should all resign including all the ministers because nothing is working fa..
Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by nathandrake(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
Prof have seen the New blue-print of Nigeria and he cant help buh smile

Tomorrow is gonna be great
God bless Nigerians

12 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Nogen: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
All of them are beginning to run up and down! Tomorrow, another will visit Aso Rock.
Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by beautiful232(f): 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nice one
Abi what more can I say
Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by chidekings(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I tell u

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by nerodenero: 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
10 of Wole Soyinkas might not be able to talk sense to Bubu let alone one. He simply doesn't listen.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Trust me some billionaires are patiently waiting around the corner just to but this country once she is been put up for sale on OLX. Hw did we got here pls? Zombies and Wailers

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by whitebeard(m): 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
weed plenty for aso rock oooh..!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:

so people still got this kind of hallucinations running through their mind... smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Kaybee14(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
It requires the collective will of every Nigerian for our dear country to survive.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Almajiri1: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Tunde bakare next. Men without principles.

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by christejames(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hope the meeting is to sternly warn the president on the present economic situation?
Buhari seems oblivious of the present hardship in his government. ..

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by TheFreeOne: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ok Kongi.

We are waiting for your press conference to know your stand or maybe you are planning to pick a wailers form.
Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
I wish Zara buhari can contest for president sweet. She soo kind and intelligent. Let buhari bloodline rule us forever so we not be corrupt sweet

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by mazizitonene(m): 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
hope he told him some hard truth.....

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Jay542(m): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
Keneking:
Nonsense meeting

The poet has nothing to offer Buhari economically.
His govt isn't bou just the economy.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
Good one.
Ever since PMB returned from his last oversea (UK) visit,
He is yet to travel for over 2months.
No one seems to have Noticed that.

The truth is that there is significantly no difference when he is outside or inside Nigeria.

PMB need to hire seasoned economic mangers.
Emefiele should step aside, bankers are not interested In people's warfare, we need economist as CBN governor.

Wole soyinka visit. .. .. I hope it will yeild anything meaningful

9 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by teehay45(m): 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Soyinka to buhari... Nigerians are not smiling

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

With the current price of crude oil falling like say tomorrow no dey and with little reserves. o boy buhari or whoever is there would find it really hard to accomplish, even i am not satisfied and not happy with the country under his watch, i am also not dumb to understand that if you come into power from a government whop had dollar going for 150 to a naira and oil prices fall down, little reserves to fall back on, obviously the naira will deep dive further into 300 and 400 to a dollar, it's most unfortunate, let him do his part abeg, let's see all he and his cabinets and all of them can show off, Nigeria is so messed up, always has been and just gets worse by each government, the whole thing is just weird and annoying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by olucephas(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Aso Rock meetings that has yielded nothing. OBJ has went there several times and GEJ even in the night.... what's the result?
Our leaders in this country tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by kayo80(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Okay
Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:

Keep up your grandeur delusion.God does not helps or gives wisdom to tyrants man.Remember;Adolf Hitler,Saddam Hussaini,Gaddaffi,etc?

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) by sixtus3606(m): 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Health: DSS Plans Massive Clampdown On Social Media Users / Udom Dismisses Rumours Floods Campaign With Atiku Branded Buses / South Africans Are Killing Nigerians - Nigerian Woman Laments To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.