Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Teebillz Made Me Dump My Sony/atv Music Deal’ – Tiwa Savage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teebillz Made Me Dump My Sony/atv Music Deal’ – Tiwa Savage (657 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Dedicate Jamil, Their Son In Church (Photos) / Teebillz Swims With His Son, Jamil. Fans React (Photos) / Throwback: Tiwa And Teebillz, Toke And Maje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teebillz Made Me Dump My Sony/atv Music Deal’ – Tiwa Savage by baddman200: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Last month, it was officially announced that Mavins first lady, Tiwa Savage, had finally solidified her deal with American rapper, Jay Z’s Roc Nation. Taking things a bit further, her profile, has now been uploaded onto the label’s official website.

Tiwa, via a quote on her profile, revealed how estranged husband, Teebillz, played a major role in creating the Tiwa Brand we all love today. According to the singer, Teebillz, made her dump her songwriting career abroad to kick-start a very successful music career in Nigeria.

I met Tunji and he told me about the growing Afrobeats scene back home in Nigeria. He thought I was wasting my talents being a songwriter and a backing singer and pushed me to move back to Africa. At first I thought it was a bit of a step backwards but he was adamant that this was my future. He knew it was what would set me apart from the rest

Before returning home, Tiwa Savage, had a music deal with Sony/ATV as a writer, which saw her co-writing songs for international stars like; Babyface, Kat Deluna, Fantasia and Monica. She was also privileged to provide background vocals for George Micheal, Mary J Blige, and on late Whitney Houston’s 2009 album ‘I Look To You’.

Via http://360urban.net.ng/2016/08/11/teebillz-made-me-dump-my-sonyatv-music-deal-tiwa-savage/

Re: Teebillz Made Me Dump My Sony/atv Music Deal’ – Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
And so?
Re: Teebillz Made Me Dump My Sony/atv Music Deal’ – Tiwa Savage by nnadychuks(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Yeah Tiwa,my babe made me stop betting. Now that we've parted ways......... grin cheesy wink

(1) (Reply)

Mavin Princess Dija Shows Off First Photo Of Her Baby To Celebrate Her Birthday / Michelle Obama Will Look Like An Angry Militant ... -- Chimamanda [VIDEO] / Veteran Comedian, AY Celebrate His 45th Birthday With Stunning Photos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.