Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia (36352 Views)

Man Rapes And Kills A Virgin In Ohafia, Abia State . PICS / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Rice Farmers In Ohafia, Abia State (Photos) / Pastor Arrested In Ogun For ‘raping’ And Impregnating Lover’s Daughter (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by midolian(m): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2016

A pastor, who was apprehended by irate mob and beaten to stupor for alleged car theft, has been detained by the Abia State Police Command.
The pastor, Onyenweaku Chibunnam, who is the founder of a new generation church identified as the Assembly of the Redeemed at Ohafia, was said to be linked to a car robbery syndicate in the Amaekpu-Ohafia area of the state.

He was nabbed and tied up by irate mob including a vigilante group who reportedly caught him in the act two days ago.

Items like several vehicle license plates and car keys were found in his possession.

The self-acclaimed pastor, who confessed to the crime, was handed over to operatives of the state Police Command.

Confirming the arrest to newsmen while parading the suspect at the Police Officers Mess in Umuahia, the state capital, on Wednesday, the state Commissioner of Police, CP, Leye Oyebade, said Chibunnam was caught while stealing a Toyota Camry in Ebem Ohafia community, of the Ohafia Local Government Area of the state.

He said Chibunnam was arrested with an accomplice, Prince Nnabugwu, who confessed that they belonged to a car-snatching syndicate.

“They were arrested after stealing the Toyota Camry from where its owner packed it some days ago.

“The suspects were arrested based on a tip-off.

“They confessed to have stolen six Toyota Camry cars from Aba and sold some of them to one Maxwell in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital,” the CP added.

The prime suspect said they did not snatch the car, but stole it from where it was parked.

He explained that it was their sixth in the last few months, adding that he usually sold the cars at 60,000 to one Maxwell who resides in Port Harcourt.

The pastor said, “Maxwell contacted me sometime last year to buy my car that I put up for sale, but he didn’t give me a good price for it, so, I couldn’t sell it to him. But when I stole an old model Toyota Camry last year, I called him to come and take the car I stole.

“We started having a misunderstanding when he requested the car’s original papers and I couldn’t provide them. I later told him that I stole the car.

“Maxwell became more interested in the business and gave me a master key with which I could steal Toyota Camry cars.

“I used the money from the crime to fund my 30-member church.

“I promise not to return to crime if I am set free by the police. It was the work of the devil,” he added.

Meanwhile, the CP, while urging members of the public to purchase their vehicles from only genuine car dealers, said the owner of the stolen black Camry Saloon had recovered it.

He, however, warned criminals in the state to relocate, saying the command would not relent in its war against criminality in the state.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/11/use-money-made-stolen-cars-fund-church-abia-pastor/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by clydedaniels(m): 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
FTC... hmmm undecided

Here's my little secret..

When I go to buy something and am not sure of the price, I always pay with bigger bills instead of asking the price...

This way I dont get cheated...

Bé le werk...evrytym grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by HungerBAD: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
Another man of God?

But why do people not fear God?you preach as a man of God,and still go to rob?fear God people.

God catch am.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by midolian(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Stealing from pipu to fund his church

Cases before God to judge on the day of judgement no be cheese oo! Choi! angry angry

But Pastor Onyenweaku Chibunnam, what do you do with the tithes you collect? undecided

Stealing is just in the blood.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by deewhone(f): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
May God save us from all these end-time Pastors who want 2 become rich and influential over-night
Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by eddyline(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
and on Sunday, he'd stand on the pulpit to say to the congregation" thou shalt not steal

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by soberdrunk(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2016
Amen somebody!!! *dodging slippers*! let us not persecute this man *dodging bottles*,! His intentions were noble *dodging frying pan*! He used the 'hard' earned money to spread the gospel *dodging microwave*! I pray we 'tamper' justice with mercy *dodging 55 inches sony wegagate tv**!! Bless you as you consider *dodging volkswagen bettle*!! angry grin grin grin

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by hahn(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
HungerBAD:
Another man of God?

But why do people not fear God?you preach as a man of God,and still go to rob?fear God people.

God catch am.

You can't have fear for something that doesn't exist.

smiley

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by Mockinbird: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
Awon olori pelebe.

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by veekid(m): 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
Na Bros J directed him, no blame him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by Sijo01(f): 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
End time pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by Landloard01(m): 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by FearGodAndLive: 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
Jesus died on the cross..beside him were two.thieves.

Nigerian pastors looked at the cross, and replaced the thieves..

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by dayoungmoney1: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by scholes0(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Behold.... A flattie pastor of doom from the Ssouth Beast!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by pinklingerie: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Kwantinu...
Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by bignene(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
Name checker,nt suprise

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by noida: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
A pastor is a Christian undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
The pastor, Onyenweaku Chibunnam,

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by biggerboyc(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
If the foundation is faulty what can the righteous do. This man call himself a pastor and yet stole someone's car. Many have turn church to a business. Many have called themself into ministry. God is so patient. Please what does this man has to teach a church member.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by salbis(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
E don happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by shamecurls(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
The problem of the world is the Middle-EAST.

The Beauty of our existence is in the WEST #DeepThought #ThinkDeep

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by czaratwork: 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
Name checkers association. Food don land o. Na east coast score this one o.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by kgr8mike(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Whose pastor is this man in Nairaland? If he is not the pastor of anyone here then he is not a pastor.

Jesus already told us that it is not all that call him Lord, Lord that will enter his kingdom. So let's treat the case on its merit and not on pastor or no pastor stand point.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by rabex123(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nigerian pastors And crime

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
noida:
A pastor is a Christian undecided

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by shortgun(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
End time pastor beware

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Stealing Cars In Ohafia, Abia by mu2sa2: 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
This episode of the weekly pastors series is interesting. Some people may even question why he had to go into outright stealing when he could've fleeced members of his church like other pastors are doing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken / Dead Body Found Lying Inside Gutter Along Bank Road In Owerri (Graphic Photos) / Customer Thrown Out Of A Bank In Delta State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.