Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? (22888 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by nurain150(m): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

Op 90% of the people criticizing windows phone haven't used it. They just assume nd say crap

who told u people do not use window before critisizing...if u be programmer,net tweaker,hacker.......both win phone and its OS sucks
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
nurain150:

who told u people do not use window before critisizing...if u be programmer,net tweaker,hacker.......both win phone and its OS sucks

I said 90% and yes I am a programmer nd loving my windows phone
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

As much as I luv windows os on pc, it's still not as secure as IOS, go nd do ur research my friend. I might not be a fanatic of the IOS but I have to tell the truth, Windows 10 is not as secure as IOS 9, I would explain why but am busy right now but just Google a bit of security comparison between them and u will be surprised by ur findings. Windows 10 is secure but IOS is more!

seems u didnt do any research Mac OS and IOS used to be d most secures OS until windows 10 was launched.windows 10 is presently the most secured OS as at late last year till now

http://www.nextlogik.com/which-mobile-os-is-most-secure-ios-android-or-windows-slideshare/
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
zzzzy:
wait wait wait, are you serious?

Y not ask Google..its a big day for u
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Elxandre(m): 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2016

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Elxandre(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

Them putting priority on privacy and security over user experience doesn't make it the most secure, although am not an iPhone enthusiast, I will still say an iPhone is way more secure than a windows phone or Android phone , even the fbi with all their dynamic resources couldn't get through an iphones security, it would appear you are the one lacking the knowledge on the workings of phones operating systems, if you did you would know there are backdoors on windows and android but none on IOS.

As for the other guy accusing windows phones of virus, he is probably joking, we all know that's false!
You are peddling half truths bro.

The FBI requested a Government OS on IOS to recover details after a phone has been wiped (Flashed or Hard reset) already.
This is no mean feat on any OS, not even Android.
A single hacker actually ended up accessing the phone after being paid $1.3million. Lol

To be frank,Windows mobile is more secured than iOS.

Hasn't iOS been compromised severally?
Just check out the icloud saga where celebs got their nudess leaked!
Or the Wechat malware issue.

Where are your proofs then that it's more secured compared to WM?

In fact both use the sandboxed approach where apps can't access each other indiscriminately, so they are very similar, but WM10 receives updates everytime, which brings security patches regularly.

WM10 is presently the most secured mainstream operating system!

I purposely left out Ubuntu because it's open source and Linux based, so we know what will happen when it gains traction.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:
i based in asaba...my nlder mailbox z not working.where do you reside
Onitsha, not far from where u stay. Here is my no 09097183747 add me on watsapp lets chat. Hope the phone is not old though
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ahnie: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ebuka2016:

Onitsha, not far from where u stay. Here is my no 09097183747 add me on watsapp lets chat. Hope the phone is not old though

Not old...hubby bought it for me some months ago.this z my numba...call me wen you get to koka bustop/onitsha part in asaba.09081361862
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Elxandre:

The FBI requested a Government OS on IOS to recover details after a phone has been wiped (Flashed or Hard reset) already.
A single hacker actually ended up accessing the phone after being paid $1.3million. Lol

In fact both use the sandboxed approach where apps can't access each other indiscriminately, so they are very similar, but WM10 receives updates everytime, which brings security patches regularly.

I purposely left out Ubuntu because it's open source and Linux based, so we know what will happen when it gains traction.

Lmfao!! FBI paid $1.3 to who? Ur info is as inaccurate as can be, it was stated that they had a third party get access to the phone before withdrawing the case from court, they never made mention of who did it or having paid the third party (otherwise apple would have filed a law suit). And then u said the phone was wiped! U probably did the wiping since that was never the case.

As for the most secure os, I have to give it to windows 10 now, just checked my source for the security exploit I was gonna counter with, but its been fixed with their updates. You win on that count but as for the fbi case your source is inaccurate, go back and confirm!

And as for the leaked celebs pics, that's was done on the icloud service, I count that a separate service from its OS, it's like saying windows is weak because their one drive is hackable! The celebs with the leaked nude pics probable got hacked by gaining access to their respective authentication details, probable saved them somewhere and got taken by the hackers, it was never stated that their was an exploit used by the hackers to get access to their accounts!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

seems u didnt do any research Mac OS and IOS used to be d most secures OS until windows 10 was launched.windows 10 is presently the most secured OS as at late last year till now

http://www.nextlogik.com/which-mobile-os-is-most-secure-ios-android-or-windows-slideshare/

Yeah was comparing from my knowledge of the initial release of windows 10, after the updates it would appear to be more secure than the IOS. I guess I lose...I aren't ashamed to say so grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by zzzzy: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Elxandre:

Who told you the phone was wiped. It was locked. If they suppassed the maximum tries, then the data was going to be wiped. Btw the method used could only work for iPhone 5c and older
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:
Google it, it's easier

Alright
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Elxandre(m): 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert

Simply google it.
FBI paid a hacker to get it done!

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

Yeah was comparing from my knowledge of the initial release of windows 10, after the updates it would appear to be more secure than the IOS. I guess I lose...I aren't ashamed to say so grin

lol
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:

Not old...hubby bought it for me some months ago.this z my numba...call me wen you get to koka bustop/onitsha part in asaba.09081361862
we need to discuss about the phone na b4 i decide whether to buy or not
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
are u on watsapp ahnie
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Elxandre:
DaveHert

Simply google it.
FBI paid a hacker to get it done!
Just did, the fbi director claimed Wat was paid to the third party was Wat he would earn in his annual salary, so people just estimated Wat he earns monthly and multiplied it by 12 months to get $1.3million. Well that wasn't stated in fact by the chairman.

"According to figures from the FBI and the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, Comey's annual salary as of January 2015 was $183,300. Without a raise or bonus, Comey will make $1.34 million over the remainder of his job."
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by flowjoe: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
greenhulk:
Why did u single out Nigeria? People in north america don't use Windows phone. People in South America, Asia, Oceania, Europe etc don't use Windows phone. So why would Nigerians use it? Shey na my papa get microsoft wey I go use Windows phone while there are better alternatives.
guy u harsh oo cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:

or do u have an email address that is working ma
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:

or do u have an email address that is working ma
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ahnie: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ebuka2016:
are u on watsapp ahnie
yea
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by welica(f): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Window phone is useless and rubbish.they need to upgrade else
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by osita76(m): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I.m a window phone user, I started using windows phone right from Lumia 520 when the phone was newly launched , then I upgraded to Lumia 720 (my best camera phone)now I.m currently using Lumia 640xl.

When my friends sees me with windows phone, they will start yabbing me that I dey try oooo dey use that kind phone, say they can't use it even if na dash.
Not that I.m worried about the yabbing because I really enjoyed using windows phone based on the fact that the battery last long, the camera quality is superp and it does not consume data like android phones and so many other reasons.

But my question is..........

Why do people hate windows phones?
I am also using Nokia Lumia 1320 but the only problem I'm having with the phone is that the facebook messenger doesn't make and receive calls, so my question is, is there any remedy because the phone gives me joy I am finding it hard to change the phone the camera is fantastic the battery is superb in fact the phone is part of me I can't do without it
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:
yea
pls send me ur watsapp no or u can chat me up 09097183747 lets discuss
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ahnie: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ebuka2016:

pls send me ur watsapp no or u can chat me up 09097183747 lets discuss
i hav sent it now.i mentioned it when i quoted yur post
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:
i hav sent it now.i mentioned it when i quoted yur post
then come online na ur last seen was 14 may if u aint interested in selling the phone tell me so i will stop quoting u
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Ay92(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
decibelz95:

you spoke correctly and reasonably. I've been a windows mobile user for over 2years. i agree there are lots of limitations but am kinda enjoying the windows 10 OS. i also like the synchronization speed of the windows phone, everything in my phone ranging from evn text messages, contacts,documents to pics and videos are all in my windows computer. One drive is far better than google drive, that's for those who value the use of cloud storage. Nonetheless, android OS is more user friendly, more apps in google play store, but windows phone is still cool in its own way.
You're on point. One drive is dope, synchronization is awesome
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by project7(m): 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
Pls I will like to know what scenerio will compel a programmer to develop on a mobile phone. How convenient is it?
DaveHert:

I don't have the time to indulge you in childish arguements, if its fishy then pls by all means catch the fish! But lemme humor you for a bit.

It would appear you glossed over my comment, it doesn't come with any file manager, and like I said the once on the store aren't worth calling a filemanager!

So I had to sound like a programmer to reply a simple comment? You would gave prefered i was technical in my reply? Why not indulge me in some programming questions so I can teach you one or two things! And as for whether I have have an s6 or not, I will let you decide that.....if you naturally are a "fly by night" kind of guy, doesn't mean everyone is the same! I have no one here I feel the need to impress by lying.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
project7:
Pls I will like to know what scenerio will compel a programmer to develop on a mobile phone. How convenient is it?

That's ur interpretation of my comment! I mostly do most of my work on my pc but I also tend to do some minor testing and debugging on my phone while am on the road or on the go. Also I usually use my phone for testing out some mobile compatability issues. We both know it isn't a matter of convenience but it does come handy not having to carry my pc with me everywhere.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ahnie: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ebuka2016:

then come online na ur last seen was 14 may if u aint interested in selling the phone tell me so i will stop quoting u
i just dont understand the phone's ish and this whstsapp thingy.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:
i just dont understand the phone's ish and this whstsapp thingy.
the watsapp is not working?
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by just2endowed: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Microsoft 535 for sale. Brown new. Lagos base 07066561480. 17k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Things We Do That Destroy Our Smartphones / Difference Between PNG, JPEG, GIF Image Format / Aside Hello, How Do You Pick Up A Call?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.