Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Jiji - Scam Alert! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jiji - Scam Alert! (4452 Views)

Scam Alert: MTNng Cheap Data Is Fake See Their Reply In Pictures. / Jiji Are Now Something Else / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jiji - Scam Alert! by bimbor(m): 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
To all Nairalanders and The general public,

Beware of buying stuffs on Jiji. 99.9% of their posts are scams. When you call the posters, they'll ask for your location, even though your location is the location advertised on the product, they will tell you that they have just recently left that location giving an excuse that they just came there to do distribution and they will say they are now in another location that is very far from where you are. E.g you tell them you are in Kaduna, they will tell you they are in Port harcourt. Now they will say you can come for inspection of the item (having known that that option will be almost impossible for you) or they can send it to you through way bill. Now if you are not smart you may fall at this stage. For the smarter ones who inisist on seeing the product before payment, they will tell you to send payment for shipping and delivery and agree to be paid for the product when item is delivered, an amount usually 5k, if you are not careful you will fall for this and send them 5k. That is the last you will hear from them.

I had an encounter with some of them who were advertising London used iPhone 6S plus 64gb for N60,000. Instantly I knew it was all scam but I decided to play along and they all showed how foolish they were in the long run and I was just laughing at them because they didn't know who they were dealing with. One of them even said "Your Papa! You dey form smart abi? You know how many people wey don fall my Maga?" I just shook my head

Jiji is full of fraudsters and internet thieves, please don't even click the link at all. They tried it on Olx but now Olx have sanitised their site. Before you can advertise on Olx now you need to be properly verified.

Better safe than sorry.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Umarr: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
Thanks brother for this enlightenment cos am addicted to their products as well as OLX. God bless
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Toluwani113: 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
Welcome to Nigescam
kiss undecided kiss
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
Can't the authority shut down this fraudulent site?

1 Like

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
So.... u still get mind kon yarn on top nairaland abi ?
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Toybreezy: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2016
Useful info.. I think the website neees to scrutinize theor ad policies.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by timijoseph01(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2016
The developers of Olx did a great job.. Few years back, Olx wasnt a safe place to deal.. 90% of them were scammers,, but since the time they bought Tradesng (their closest competitior then).. They have improved largely..
Even me that isnt a scammer have provided my National ID on 2 good occasions on Olx when i trued editing some ads..
For Olx us safest place to deal for used items..!!
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Naijji: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2016
Na so oh. I think there's a cabal there cos they all use virtually the same format.
They advertise something far below the retail value.
When you call, they tell you to send your name and address.
They tell you they're always on the move supplying their goods, and they're not at your location at that time.
They can even bring the price down further of you negotiate with them.
Then they send you their account details.
They tell you to pay half of the price immediately so they can send your product!
Then you pay the other half when you get it.
They can even tell you to talk to the "driver" who's bringing down your product.

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2016
Boys must hustle na, any which way na way
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by power900: 8:37am On Aug 12, 2016
this is the same jiji wey person no dey see road again for YouTube because of, all Keke marua and danfo get their strikers....hmmm smh, even the same olx termed as scam was where I bought a car for a friend..

1 Like

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Naijji: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2016
Even olx.com sef. This ad na example

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Perfecttouch(m): 9:33am On Aug 12, 2016
Rapsowdee01:
so na you be the jiji scammer abi?

6 Likes

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Naijji: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2016
If you see a deal that's too good to be true, it probably is!
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Princepoint(m): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2016
pple still do inter-state tranactions

Be wise

Cash and carry

1 ON 1
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by MrErudite(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
bimbor:

Beware of buying stuffs on Jiji. 99.9% of their posts are scams. When you call the posters, they'll ask for your location, even though your location is the location advertised on the product, they will tell you that they have just recently left that location giving an excuse that they just came there to do distribution and they will say they are now in another location that is very far from where you are. E.g you tell them you are in Kaduna, they will tell you they are in Port harcourt. Now they will say you can come for inspection of the item (having known that that option will be almost impossible for you) or they can send it to you through way bill. Now if you are not smart you may fall at this stage. For the smarter ones who inisist on seeing the product before payment, they will tell you to send payment for shipping and delivery and agree to be paid for the product when item is delivered, an amount usually 5k, if you are not careful you will fall for this and send them 5k. That is the last you will hear from them.

I had an encounter with some of them who were advertising London used iPhone 6S plus 64gb for N60,000. Instantly I knew it was all scam but I decided to play along and they all showed how foolish they were in the long run and I was just laughing at them because they didn't know who they were dealing with. One of them even said "Your Papa! You dey form smart abi? You know how many people wey don fall my Maga?" I just shook my head

Jiji is full of fraudsters and internet thieves, please don't even click the link at all. They tried it on Olx but now Olx have sanitised their site. Before you can advertise on Olx now you need to be properly verified.

Better safe than sorry.

Even OLX..... there is a guy posing to b working with scam company called GlobalLimited communication dat wanna sell boom j8 35k new one..... scammers
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Twensons(m): 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
bimbor:

Better safe than sorry.

There are a lot of fake ads on olx too. Also, there are a lot of scammers in Nigeria. That's why we need to be very attentive when we buy second-hand or used products.
And almost all people blame Jiji because it is the biggest marketplace in Nigeria, you can check it on Alexa rank or on Similarweb.
And instead of reporting on such cases to Jiji and help us to prevent fraud on the website, you just post messages on forums.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by computerboy: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
bimbor:

Better safe than sorry.

OP It's a lie. Jiji is far better than OLX. You're probably looking to buy a bugatti with a Honda budget that's why you kept meeting scammers.

I sell on jiji and offer pay on delivery. I've equally purchased some house hold items there. Besides, jiji warned you boldly not to pay before delivery. Stop spoiling people's businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by bimbor(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Naijji:
Na so oh. I think there's a cabal there cos they all use virtually the same format.
They advertise something far below the retail value.
When you call, they tell you to send your name and address.
They tell you they're always on the move supplying their goods, and they're not at your location at that time.
They can even bring the price down further of you negotiate with them.
Then they send you their account details.
They tell you to pay half of the price immediately so they can send your product!
Then you pay the other half when you get it.
They can even tell you to talk to the "driver" who's bringing down your product.

And when they want to send Account details they will send it as;

"Co-ordinator's Account Details."

They use almost same format.

Lol
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by bimbor(m): 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Alert!!!

This is one of them!

College dropouts polluting the nation everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Fikifak(m): 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
I never caught on to the scam Jiji. In my opinion, it is the fault of those who believe in low prices.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Ivobobul: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
It's funny - to accuse the site of fraud, although there is the same deceive people like you. Close the board.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by JajaAmbula: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lol, scam to Jiji. Are you seriously?
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by JajaAmbula: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Naijji:
Even olx.com sef. This ad na example

There has always been full of scams. grin grin
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Op, advise people on how to avoid scammers on not condemning the site entirely.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by CarlJhonson: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ehuatamuigunisi:
Op, advise people on how to avoid scammers on not condemning the site entirely.

+1 stupid people are always the victims.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by CarlJhonson: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
JajaAmbula:

There has always been full of scams. grin grin

Once almost fooled there.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by BiggSmoke: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
Let's not blame the entire site in your stupidity, okay? grin
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by bimbor(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
BiggSmoke:
Let's not blame the entire site in your stupidity, okay? grin

Keep fooling yourself, Nigerians have ruined that site. I advise the owners to change name and repackage.
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by lakefist(m): 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
You sud be wise and never send money until u see wat u want to buy. I bought my car Through jiji. I can tell its not scam
Re: Jiji - Scam Alert! by JajaAmbula: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2016
lakefist:
You sud be wise and never send money until u see wat u want to buy. I bought my car Through jiji. I can tell its not scam

this guy is right, I do not have to Jiji itself, if it is not to get caught.

(1) (Reply)

Gionee M6 Is Now Available In Mobile Stores. / Suggest A Good Vpn For A Nairalander / 6 Ways To Repair Your Phone's Broken Screen With Toothpaste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.