Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications (18972 Views)

All Beneficiaries Should Ensure To Stamp Their Deployment Latter And Upload It / Nairaland HR, How Do You Ensure Fairness When You Receive Thousands Of Cvs?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by duruallwell25(m): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2016
og2711:
The best way is to make sure that you know one big man in the company or related to it.

I sent over 600 (not exaggerating) applications when I was looking for work last year using this above template and was called maybe like 3 times..
You forgot to include all the GNLD interviews you attended. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by Zico5(m): 8:55am On Aug 12, 2016
ladenz:
I work in HR and I go through lots of CVs. One common mistake people make is not allowing the key info specified in the vacancy advert to stand out. I spend an average of 30 secs to 1 min on each CV. If I don't see what I'm looking for, I move on.

For instance, some people are talking job experience and start with their first job 10 years ago. Or they put lots of unnecessary details about a job or educational qualification that has nothing to do with the vacancy. You are disqualifying yourself
Pls which organization are u working for. I have experience in sales and customer service in a structured organization. I will appreciate it if u can really help out on this.
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by Loonyy(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
Thumbs up! OP this is good, as a matter of urgency give OP National Heroes Anthem dats if it exists in naija well done Bro...highly informative, Thanchu
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by damilola87(f): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Google jpg to PDF converter online. There's a site that can take care of that. All you just need to do is upload the file you wish to convert and once it's done, A link will be created for you to download the converted file.

Go to microsoft word and click save as pdf. It will automatically become pdf file. Try it
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by timbs001(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2016
UmmKhalifah:
Fanks for d info
What is Fanks? Please always write proper English.
This also affects the chances of one getting a job.

2 Likes

Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by okikiosibodu(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Google jpg to PDF converter online. There's a site that can take care of that. All you just need to do is upload the file you wish to convert and once it's done, A link will be created for you to download the converted file.
Another way round it is to open the MS-doc on MS-Word 2010, and then save as PDF
Cc: Mentorkaryhm
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by okikiosibodu(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2016
ladenz:
I work in HR and I go through lots of CVs. One common mistake people make is not allowing the key info specified in the vacancy advert to stand out. I spend an average of 30 secs to 1 min on each CV. If I don't see what I'm looking for, I move on.

For instance, some people are talking job experience and start with their first job 10 years ago. Or they put lots of unnecessary details about a job or educational qualification that has nothing to do with the vacancy. You are disqualifying yourself
Please reply your PM sir
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by okikiosibodu(m): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
duruallwell25:
Extremely frustrating. You apply and then get an invite in less that 3hrs, scheduled for the next day. You run helter-skelter and even borrow money to photocopy your documents, you take your cloths to the dry cleaner ('cause you no longer trust your ironing skills) even give Aboki (cobbler) your shoe to polish ('cause you want 'professional' touch), and you have a sleepless night 'cause you don't want to mistakenly "over-sleep". You then get to the venue and you are compelled to listen to a 4-hour talk, that has no "head" or "leg". You wait patiently, hoping that it is a test of your patience, and you keep the optimism spirit high. After your perseverance, you now discover it GNLD. You just "jeje-ly" excuse yourself after wasting the day. Now when I get an invite, cross-check on Nairaland before I determine whether or not to attend. Also most firms will give you about 2-3days notice before the D-day.
I love Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by Kingzy4pep(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
damilola87:

Go to microsoft word and click save as pdf. It will automatically become pdf file. Try it
His file is in jpeg format, remember!
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by okooloyun1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mentorkaryhm:
thanks op, I just apply 4 a job and d CV supposed to b in pdf form but I did on my fone and format jpg...or..Hw can do it in pdf ..
check www.convertonlinefree.com
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by Infoay: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Whatever makes the CV pull through to the next positive stage is a plus. Good work op et al.
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
duruallwell25:

No oh! Me na experienced hire so i no dey fall for all that one..
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by mecussey(m): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
To me, the best way to get better work if you no get conneee...is to come as a cleaner or security or student I.T man. Honestly, if u are intelligent and hardworking, u go find urself as the manager before 5yrs
Re: How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications by opetiti: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
How can you say Mr OP is wrong. Have you worked in HR Unit before? Mr OP is so right abegi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nafs Technologies / Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2019 Application Form Is Out / Mtn Call Centre Recruitment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.