Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It (20175 Views)

Pix!Frosh!!landing Hot Original Xiaomi Power Banks(laptops And Phones) / 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
tecnological story without giving the solution to the problem. the major cause of laptop over heating is when u place ur laptop while using it on surface that absorbs/retains heat. such surfaces are majorly matress, foam n sofa. the heat absorbd by these materials added with the one coming from the laptop is what causes the overheating. always place ur laptop when in use on wooden surfaces or better still ensure u give breathing space under ur laptop for the heat to dissipate.
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by professore(m): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good tips.
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Vivly(f): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Op, I was told to replace my heat sink since my laptop doesnt have a fan. Could this be the solution to the frequent over heating?
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by diransom: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
plz my PC do freeze any time i am watching movies or playing game on it after abt 30min bt when I am working wit excel or word for 24hrs nothing happens
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by bigtt76(f): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Disable Flash Player by default and let it prompt you only when you need to use it. It is a major cause of overheating as it revs up the processor's threads hence the fan kicks in making loud noise.
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Natifa(f): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
That was helpful, I'll bear it in mind
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by saintruky(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
Op I bought a laptop from jumia sometime in 2014 n seldom use it. I recently discovered d laptop didn't come with cooling fan inserted, factory assembly error, d heat oozing out could cook oil beans. Pls advise
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Kingy10: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
McBrooklyn:
And I guess it's advisably to stop using the laptop to stop playing games too cos the last time me and my goons start using my laptop to play PES16, it was really fun until the day the laptop broke down and I've to start hustling to repair the laptop myself . . . F**k Fake Friends embarassed angry angry
Which processor?
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by abdulz90: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
Please ma ppl....I have been looking for thermal paste to reduce my gpu throtling. It go up as high as a 100`c. All I see is the china unbranded (no name). Arctic silver, Noctua or IC diamond is recomended....online isn't an option due to exchange rate, but can't find any of these in shops (kano)... Any help is appreciated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Hack A Computer Adminstrator / How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows / 9-yr-old Boy Is Nigeria’s Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.