Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,483 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

What Is The Defination Of A Website ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Defination Of A Website ? (816 Views)

Time To Start Afresh, Take your biz to the next level, Get A Website Today / Contact A Website Cloning Expert (Pay after Service) / What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Defination Of A Website ? by akinjuly77(m): 7:54am On Aug 12, 2016
Am glad to share with you what is a website ?

A website is your business home on the internet it is just similar to a office at home wink looks a little crazy ? Its where customers can visit and learn more about your business and also contact you at that very moment either using live Chat or a Call to action button .

Let me quickly give a practical example , in the real world let’s assume you have a bakery firstly you will need to rent a shop on the street right ? A website is similar but for a website you will be able to operate online , customers will be able to make their order online and then you can send it across to them which ever way or you just redirect them to the bakery through the road map on your website .

Very Importantly you will need a internet connection ,perhaps on your mobile phone due to the mobile technology shift .

1. Chatting with customers on your phone through your website , you will be alerted when customers visit you website through the live chat widget and you will be able to chat live with them , is that not a good idea ? Yes it is ! I personally get a lot of clients visiting my website and chatting with me . Don’t forget that when you create your website very important.

2. Replying customers through your email which as already been signed in on your mobile phone , customers can use the contact form or contact email details to get across to you as soon as they are interested in your products and services after reading through your website , which means you have to have a pleasing website and that is why i recommend you contact a[url=climaxbox.com] Digital Marketing agency[/url] to build your website you can check why a digital marketing agency should build your website . The simple truth is that hiring a Digital Marketing Agency to build your new website is wise if the goal of your new site is to increase both traffic and leads.

3. Customers call you at the moment when they need your service after getting a lead to your website and they are interested in your products and services .

To sum up: Deciding to build a website for your business starts with understanding how it all works together: a server ‘hosts’ your site, and a domain name helps people find it.

If your business needs a website, the first step is to understand the basics. Here’s a quick summary of what you’ll need to know:

-what web servers do
-how domain names work
-how your website uses these.
-how to create a website
-How can i get Prospective customers to know my website ?

I hope with this piece you can understand what is a website and how a website works. Scholars are free to add their own definitions.
Re: What Is The Defination Of A Website ? by HateIt1: 9:18am On Oct 13, 2022
A website is a collection of publicly accessible, interlinked Web pages that share a single domain name. Websites can be created and maintained by an individual, group, business or organization to serve a variety of purposes. Together, all publicly accessible websites constitute the World Wide Web.
Re: What Is The Defination Of A Website ? by Monette884: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2023
A website is a web page that is designed to offer information to visitors. Although most websites are placed on the Internet to be viewed by anyone with access, some websites are designed specifically for specific audiences. Need you can check this web design Ipswich for the best design information. The goal of a website is to make information available via an interface that can be accessed and used by multiple people. The different types of websites and how they are used are explained below.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Windows Vps ( Windows Rdp) / Blogger Users Solve Any Issue Here (designs, Template, Widget, Seo More) / Web Programmers Needed For A Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.