Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel (41900 Views)

NFF Crisis: Buhari Has Saved Nigeria From Embarrassment, Says Pinnick / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Dalung Apologises To Nigeria Dream Team VI In Their Dressing Room (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
jamislaw:
you should also remember that he grew up in the north.
Frontbright:
ewu you forgot he grew up in north

Hehe, 5% blood is always 5% blood, whether he grew up in North or South

His name is John Nchekwube Obi Michael

A.K.A - Obi Aba
A.K.A - Obi Onye Ball
A.K.A - Mikel Nwa Obi

Now in Short Rufai's voice "Fall and Die"

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Prechy08(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
dickrider:
undecided where mikel see that kine money for this harsh economy

Bro MIKEL earns 120,000 pounds a week, from chelsea even as he is in Brazil alert the enter. But that is not an excuse though its his sweat so he should be at Liberty to use his money, not NFF or sport ministry embarrassing him.
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by ahckmedkosy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:
He is doing it for his fatherland, so Eto, Drogba and others have done same even C. Ronaldo for Portugal.

It is no news.

I don't know why people can't appreciate good gesture. It is no news cos he is doing it for his fatherland and you are from Congo I guess.. Bunch of ingrates everywhere you turn to.. Lord please let me never be like this f.o.o.l in this life nor after.. Thanks Mikel for having a giving heart.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by SharkTank(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:
He is doing it for his fatherland, so Eto, Drogba and others have done same even C. Ronaldo for Portugal.

It is no news.
But if Davido gives away money to those street touts in Lagos, you'll be the first to hail him

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by SharkTank(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
Niyinficient:

Son of Hate....Tribal bigot........ride on
Painment
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by obakore20(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

Shut up your mouth there. Instead of your to applaud this good act you stand comparing him with others rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Chrisx1x(m): 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
You mean N12,810,000!!this guy get money cha.such a money to waste on a useless country

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by lomaxx: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

Piece of sh.it

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by repogirl(f): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
If Buhari and any of his ministers Neva disgrace us internationally at least once in a day, then their work Neva start for that day.

Disgracement every day.

May God replenish your pocket Mikel and increase your speed on the football pitch too. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by SmartThief(m): 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
dickrider:
thats not even up to what he earns per day at chelsea. the guy try sha...but this country leaders no dey shame? Them never even win bronze medal for this olympic...and Buhari cant even take a look at the ones making progress for it.....its too bad...Giant of Corruption!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
Qmerit:
Hope he won't come later and say he knows nothing about it! Cause some people's Master Degree is fabrication/lying!

That fabrication/lying is called HUMILITY.
He is a big boy who does his things without making noise.

The red beret man and his colleagues would call press and a thousand photographers to capture a billboard size chequer of $100.

I won't be surprised if someone in the sports ministry later claim this $4000. I'm glad Mikel paid the money though. One politician or those bad eggs at the NFF or sports military would have 'padded' the expenses and claim $40,000.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
SmartThief:
thats not even up to what he earns per day at chelsea. the guy try sha...but this country leaders no dey shame? Them never even win bronze medal for this olympic...and Buhari cant even take a look at the ones making progress for it.....its too bad...Giant of Corruption!!!!

All you guys criticising that post, where are your sense of humours??

You really think he isn't aware that Mikel play and earn lots in the English premier league.??
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by misscall247: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Francis95:
He will soon tell us to debunk the news

cool
Shame on u and buhari........Igbo's r d only hope4nigeria
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by paschal47(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Vincent41:

pls name checkers association of the zoo shld come and check name...Maybe Mikel na Jos Boy!!!!
lol mikel na nwanna onye neni. so loving igbo people like madt

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Qmerit(m): 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
gbosaa:

That fabrication/lying is called HUMILITY.
He is a big boy who does his things without making noise.

The red beret man and his colleagues would call press and a thousand photographers to capture a billboard size chequer of $100.

I won't be surprised if someone in the sports ministry later claim this $4000. I'm glad Mikel paid the money though. One politician or those bad eggs at the NFF or sports military would have 'padded' the expenses and claim $40,000.

With all sincerity I hold nothing against Mikel.
Just that the last one that went viral on social media was denied by same person and NFF.
But if really he does it kudos to him.
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Caleycash(m): 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

What is the fuse about what I wrote here? I don't owe anyone apology for this comment. Nigeria made Mikel and he is giving back to the country. Other stars have done same to their fatherland. Some people just hate Nigeria for a futile agitation for a country that may never be. We have no other country than Nigeria and I want to let you guys know that, there is no amount of hatred or curse you place upon Nigeria that you will not be a partaker. What have I said to warrant some guys saying rubbish or bad belly?
Mikel has not done enough and will still do more.
Father land my ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by 2kris(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

What is the fuse about what I wrote here? I don't owe anyone apology for this comment. Nigeria made Mikel and he is giving back to the country. Other stars have done same to their fatherland. Some people just hate Nigeria for a futile agitation for a country that may never be. We have no other country than Nigeria and I want to let you guys know that, there is no amount of hatred or curse you place upon Nigeria that you will not be a partaker. What have I said to warrant some guys saying rubbish or bad belly?
if it is bad news u will cast them,now it is good news u are typing trash instead of thanking the guy u are saying its no news

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by bezimo(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

Mikel just did a noble gesture to save a whole Nigeria from embarassement and shame and you are here yearning rubbish and trivializing it as if you or any member of your family can presently afford $1000 talkless of giving out that amount or even more. Its folks like you who lack any modicum of appreciation or rationality that are an embarassement to normal think folks. Abeg get out from here, when you want to talk sense and appreciate other people noble gestures then come back.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by otokx(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Who are those extra officials? What kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
dickrider:

Now u see say all your previous and future comments are baseless regards Mikel. He does not reside or work in Naija to receive these harsh economy all of u are receiving
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Francis95(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
misscall247:
Shame on u and buhari........Igbo's r d only hope4nigeria
Lol, and you forgot I'm also from Igbo...

Ichefuzie na eso m buru onye igbo

cool

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
mikel fit wake up tomorrow come tok say hin no pay shingbain for anybody.
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by longayink: 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
S6un:
What a disgrace of a nation.
Thank you Mikel for saving the day

Which nation? Nigeria is not a nation, and will not be, even in one thousand years if Nigeria remains one.

Twelve northern sharia states have tactically declared their own country from Nigeria, but still attach to Nigeria for economic reasons.

Problem is that southern Nigerians do not understand that the twelve northern states' adoption of sharia criminal laws amounts to the far north's disinterest in Nigeria.

So the southern population that pay more attention to sports mistakenly expected a northern Muslim government of Buhari to pay attention to Rio games.
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Simer01: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
If you are a student in Nigeria, I need you to help take this short questionnaire. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yz-mf_C26_ucIItbFco5lC-X4RMr3--PJc3sGyqcdFI/edit?chromeless=1#responses

Please share.
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by longayink: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

Nigeria ruins its citizens. Those Nigerians aspiring for Medals in Rio may be retarded by Nigeria.

Many Nigerians resident in Europe, including the UK, can't renew their passports for long now, because Nigeria doesn't have common papers to print new passports.

Even pregnant women whose passports are expired can't register in hospital, thousands of Nigerians whose passports expired can't start work. It is hell being a Nigerian for these Nigerians in Europe.

You accept Nigeria as your fatherland, why do you think others who don't see Nigeria as their fatherland are in futile agitation?

Who do you think you are? A Super God?

The rubbish you wrote above could have been written by a foolish Russian in the old Soviet union to deter freedom for other nations held by Russia with force in the Soviet union.

Why has smell of crude oil in the Niger delta made you people twist every thing, distort every story, and tell sophisticated lies - all to sustain failed one Nigeria?
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Lightening: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/12/footballer-asisat-oshoala-donates-football-kits-to-former-grassroots-team-and-schools-in-lagos/

Kindly elucidate on how Nigeria made Mikel.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Godson32:
Akpa amu,wetin concern Amaechi for there.
"Ere" must u quote me
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by yewawa: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thank you jare Mikel.....may God continue to bless and strenthen you......One day ,people that really know how to run the game wii take over.....yeye people disgracing us here and there....
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Genoma(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
omonla555:

It is no news.

http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/12/footballer-asisat-oshoala-donates-football-kits-to-former-grassroots-team-and-schools-in-lagos/

I don't have any problem with your first statements because we can say/write things for fun or out of impulse. But trying to defend yurself with the next statements shows how low your thought process is. First and foremost, is it his obligation to pay for the officials space? Secondly, if he doesn't pay, would anybody blame him or hold him responsible for the ineptitude of Nigeria's sports bodies?
People like you are those that will accuse their benefactor of not doing anything for them and probably kill the benefactor to gain hold of his wealth. Change your mentality and don't think anybody is obligated to you because of your good past deeds to them.
Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by greatmen: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
You head is not correct Nigeria made which mikel, like yekini ba una try, enter filled go play football brake leg if Nigeria go remember you nonsense!!! grin grin
omonla555:

It is no news.

Re: Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel by Richy4(m): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Damm!!!! The guy knew his credit card cannot offset $4000.... he still sent them on a wide goose chase to exonerate himself as if he has tried his best....

God!!! he really got what he wanted.." according to the person reporting, it was not the fault of the Minister...." who said he doesn't have brain..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zambia Vs Nigeria: U23 AFCON (1 - 3) Full Time / €180m Mbappe Remains Most Valuable, Messi 9th, 35-year-old Ronaldo Out Of Top 40 / It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.