Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Bola Ajibola To Buhari: Don’t Bow To Pressure Against Anti-corruption War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Ajibola To Buhari: Don’t Bow To Pressure Against Anti-corruption War (402 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Acts In Samuel Ajibola's Comedy Skit / Osinbajo Reveals Plots Against Anti-graft War / Ajibola Ajimobi Lambasts LAUTECH Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bola Ajibola To Buhari: Don’t Bow To Pressure Against Anti-corruption War by agwom(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2016
Abeokuta—Former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Prince Bola Ajibola,SAN, yesterday advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to succumb to the pressure to relax his anti-corruption war. Bola-Ajibola Bola-Ajibola According to him, Nigeria will not make progress, if corruption is not taken to the cleaners. Ajibola, who gave the advice in an interview in his Abeokuta home, recalled telling the President after his inauguration that corruption would fight back, but pleaded with him not to give in to pressures. The retired Judge of the International Court of Justice wondered what manner of people Nigerians were if the same people that voted Buhari to solve their problems of corruption were so early getting tired when the work had only just begun. He said: “Fighting corruption is vital and it is going to come with many provocations and open show of ungratefulness by the same Nigerians you are working hard to save but you stand firm and not be deterred. That is the way to go. ‘’When I served as Attorney-General of the Federation for over six years, I did not take salaries, asking them to use my salaries as part of the fund to run the nation’s affairs. ‘’Despite all that, when I was nominated for election into the International Court of Justice, eminent Nigerians, lawyers of note (names withheld) travelled all the way from Nigeria to campaign against me that I should not be voted into the ICJ. “That is where I would like to advise President Buhari not to be deterred by seeming lack of appreciation of the good work he is doing and various acts of sabotage and pressures of corrupt people that caused the suffering of Nigerians currently. ‘’The success of the whole struggle is in his not succumbing and in his firmness. The people that are doing these to the government, who will always come out to criticize as if there is nothing good that the government has done or is doing, should not be the reason to allow the other 170 million helpless Nigerians to suffer.” He is capable and I pray that Almighty Allah will continue to strengthen him to succeed.’’

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/bola-ajibola-buhari-dont-bow-pressure-anti-corruption-war/

Re: Bola Ajibola To Buhari: Don’t Bow To Pressure Against Anti-corruption War by amnesty7: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2016
With the help of God, PMB and Nigerians will win this war against the monster that has retarted our development as a nation.
Re: Bola Ajibola To Buhari: Don’t Bow To Pressure Against Anti-corruption War by sevenhundred(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2016
amen!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: I’m Ready For Negotiation / Aisha Alkali Wakil To Nigerian Army : You Know My Whereabouts / Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida - "I Am Not The Evil Genius..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.