Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,559 members, 7,955,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) (6995 Views)

Buhari Used Microphone To Speak With Trump Today / How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Femi Adesina Meets With Wole Soyinka At The State House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by akinyeleaa: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
thesicilian:

No. He means the obvious: Buhari does not understand English. Could be because of his persistent ear infection (since it seems they are only using the right ear now in this pix), but then again I don't really blame him. Professor Whole Soyinka came to my alma mater (Uniben) some years ago to give a keynote address and by the time he was through more than 95% of our professors were either fast asleep or visibly lost!
This got me laughing really hard

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by PapaBaby: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
Deaf and Dumb president grin grin
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Uberfooty247(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
Buhari!!!
Uberfooty247.com
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by tomquest: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
Although I don't trust the caption of this news but I think Wole Soyinka should learn to communicate better. Everything is not poetry.

As a young poet, I read Soyinka's poetry and I must confess, the guy's style is complicated. Every line takes a toll on you.

Soyinka employs too many complicated vocabularies to communicate a simple message, which eventually leaves his listeners/readers bewildered and confused.

Communication ain't complete if the receiver cannot decode 99% of your message.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by OlatunbosunAb13: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
I don't believe this caption. Did PMB use an interpreter when he visited Great Britain? Succinctly put, is professor Soyinka more Catholic than the Pope?
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Fidelismaria: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin

Daura President no sabi anytin

Shame

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by chrisblack: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
thesicilian:

No. He means the obvious: Buhari does not understand English. Could be because of his persistent ear infection (since it seems they are only using the right ear now in this pix), but then again I don't really blame him. Professor Whole Soyinka came to my alma mater (Uniben) some years ago to give a keynote address and by the time he was through more than 95% of our professors were either fast asleep or visibly lost!
I bet many of you can't speak good English as much as buhari.although there is a tint of Fulani accent in his words ,anytime any day he speaks better than many of you clowns and your fathers put together
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by seguno2: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
tomquest:
Although I don't trust the caption of this news but I think Wole Soyinka should learn to communicate better. Everything is not poetry.

As a young poet, I read Soyinka's poetry and I must confess, the guy's style is complicated. Every line takes a toll on you.

Soyinka employs too many complicated vocabularies to communicate a simple message, which eventually leaves his listeners/readers bewildered and confused.

You may want to consider that Wole Soyinka is a Nobel laureate in literature. It says something about the quality of his writing and its wide, global acceptance, not so.
You should live up to your siggy, bro. wink
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by AMYSTEV(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sai Baba
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by felipemadero(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
thesicilian:

WHOLE indeed.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by kobosmalls: 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
chrisblack:
I bet many of you can't speak good English as much as buhari.although there is a tint of Fulani accent in his words ,anytime any day he speaks better than many of you clowns and your fathers put together
And who the hell are you?
What kind of person supports a president that caused an inflation so high that the average Nigerian is now poor?
From 7k, a bag of rice has risen to 20,500 naira.
Are you too blind to see that the old man took a challenge he has clearly proven to be too weak to handle?
Is he your father or relative that you are so sheepishly defending him at each turn?
People like you are the reason why our country refuses to grow.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by thesicilian: 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
felipemadero:
WHOLE indeed.
Its a typo. Grow up.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Stanbeto: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Na French Soyinka Dey speak?
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Mustay(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2016
tomquest:

Wait o, first you must understand that written poetry is different from spoken words. Moreover, Soyinka is revered in the literature world due to the terms and messages he passes.

All the same, are you saying from your post that Soyinka employs literary bugatti when he speaks too? I beg to disagree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crisis Hits Abia PDP, As Stakeholders Suspend Chairman / Sowore Accuses APC, PDP Of Spending Beyond N1bn Threshold At Primaries- Channels / Miyetti Allah Congratulates Yahaya Bello On Election Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.