Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians (4278 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians / No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by mikolo80: 5:03am On Aug 13, 2016
kindworld:
First of all FTC

Back to the issue at hand, God's Kingdom is the real hope for mankind ills!

Not human governments, they'll soon be destroyed because they have failed us
Can't wait for (Daniel 2:44) to have it's fulfillment, only then will man enjoy a satisfying and perfect government!
I am among those who will rather keep praying for God's Kingdom to come. (Matthew 6:10)
go and die na
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by plenitude(m): 6:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Why is our intelligent quotient so low this day.... You voted out a president that was incompetence ( gej ) then voted in buhari whom you people think will take us to the promiseland , if he is not doing well and the administration of gej seems far better then we should admit that he has failed and stop Pointing fingers to the previous administration...... What then is the change they told us about about.....
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Who has ever made money saving money? People read this shit everyday and wonder if people like you were born yesterday.
. Nigeria is facing reality of mono-oil economy.
pls read what Saudi, Russia and Venezuela r passing through . U depending on oil for 85% of country's forex is always dangerous., oil price crashed n no reasonable reserve to withdraw from.
Saudi withdrew over $70B from its Reserve to support it economy yet they r still in crisis.
Tell us ur economy plans.
Diversifying is the only way out and previous govts we had never did.
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 6:31am On Aug 13, 2016
meme4real:

Eeyahaa...
Ur situation is pathetic though!
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2016
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Minister of Finance and Co-ordinating Minister for the Nigerian Economy under immediate past president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, has blamed the administration under which she served as responsible for the current economic challenges being suffered by the country. She said the Jonathan’s administration lacked the political will to effectively manage the country’s resources and that this was responsible for the economic downturn of the country now governed by President Muhammadu Buhari. Speaking on the topic: “Inequality, Growth and Resilience” at George Washington University on Thursday, Iweala compared her time with former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Jonathan and concluded that while there was a political will to save for the raining day under Obasanjo, the will was lacking under Jonathan. During Obasanjo’s era, she said the government was able to save $22 billion and that this saved the country in 2008 during the global economic meltdown. Okonjo-Iweala, while appealing to the World Bank and IMF to encourage a saving culture among countries of the world, added: “we tried it in Nigeria, we put in an oil price based fiscal rule in 2004 and it worked very well. “We saved $22 billion because the political will to do it was there. And when the 2008 /2009 crisis came, we were able to draw on those savings precisely to issue about a 5 percent of GDP fiscal stimulus to the economy and we never had to come to the bank or the fund. “This time around and this is the key now, you need not only need to have the instrument but you also need the political will. “In my second time as a finance minister, from 2011 to 2015, we had the instrument, we had the means, we had done it before, but zero political will. “So we were not able to save when we should have. That is why you find that Nigeria is now in the situation it is in. Along with so many other countries.” Continuing, she urged African countries to build resilience and encourage manufacturing to boost their economy. “I do not believe that we can be resilient, except if we can encourage manufacturing even on the goods we consume, services, entertainment industry, agriculture. “I think these are the kinds of questions that policy makers struggle with on a daily basis and that is what we are going to answer to get resilience. “If we don’t get these mechanisms, we politicise them, find ways to transform the base of the economy and create jobs including in manufacturing, I believe we are going to go into this looming deceleration that is being talked about,” she added. http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/15/ okonjo-iweala-blames-jonthans-govt-for- nigerias-woes/
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by xelly: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2016
President99:
GEJ is the root caused of all these problems.If
he had saved like OBJ saved, Nig would have
been better. but the Otuoke clown was busy
dishing out our hard earned FOREX to Dasuki,
Fayose n the likes.
GEJ met over $68B+crude oil sold over $100
per barrel for most part of his tenure yet he
couldnot save.
Anyway, the gele woman has recently said all,
that their inability to save for rainy day caused
the present economic woes.
GEJ messed Nigeria's economy!!
If not for Buhari's prudency and anti corruption crusade,Nigerian economy could have gone awry than even Venuzuela's

I hope you can make little use of that grey matter in your coconut head.
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by molydonhenry(m): 6:43am On Aug 13, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
If "COMMON SENSE" was a muslim maybe Buhari would use it well.
Everythhinq just went up under buhari.
Rice #20,000.
Sugar #1300.
My dog don dey chop grass now..........who geh money for fries and meat?
Yours is quite better, in my Area everything is so awkward, all the grass are wildered, Dogs no longer bark Becausn they are hungry, rats eating people's legs, insufficient oxygen to even breath well, it hasnt rained for weeks now and the mouth lacks energy to open itself. The zoo is falling
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2016
xelly:

Attack the message but not the messenger!
counter what I wrote mr Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2016
xelly:

Go n die

1 Like

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Cooldude68(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2016
No sensible country will put a 72 yr old in power. Bull-hari is just too dull, too old to think outta the box.
With corruption under GEJ, Nigerians were living fine, Rice + food stuffs were affordable, salary dey enter as at when due.
But with anti-corruption, reverse is the case!
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by blackpanda: 7:51am On Aug 13, 2016
Mrbigman1:
And if the hopeless presidency can say dis, people should go into crime to survive den.

Hopeless government

Why not read a post before commenting. U just look at headline then rush to type trash. If u think u have a smarter idea, then counter what the minister said. Not nagging uncontrollably like a spoilt brat.
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Mrbigman1(m): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2016
blackpanda:

Why not read a post before commenting. U just look at headline then rush to type trash. If u think u have a smarter idea, then counter what the minister said. Not nagging uncontrollably like a spoilt brat.

I'd pass.
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by signz: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2016
President99:
GEJ is the root caused of all these problems.If
he had saved like OBJ saved, Nig would have
been better. but the Otuoke clown was busy
dishing out our hard earned FOREX to Dasuki,
Fayose n the likes.
GEJ met over $68B+crude oil sold over $100
per barrel for most part of his tenure yet he
couldnot save.
Anyway, the gele woman has recently said all,
that their inability to save for rainy day caused
the present economic woes.
GEJ messed Nigeria's economy!!
If not for Buhari's prudency and anti corruption crusade,Nigerian economy could have gone awry than even Venuzuela's

Please in the name of whatever you hold dear, stop blaming GEJ.

If Buhari had appointed his ministers on time, we wouldn't be here now. Maybe we would still have had FPI and FDI active in Nigeria.

Buhari's refusal to listen to sound advise amongst many other things led us to where we are today.

Meanwhile, NOI has refuted that statement. http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/16/i-did-not-indict-jonathan-says-okonjo-iweala/

But reacting to the reports yesterday via a press statement captioned “Low Savings: Okonjo-Iweala Did Not Indict the Jonathan Administration”, her Media Adviser, Paul Nwabuikwu said some recent media reports have distorted the comments

“Contrary to the slant given by these loud headlines, Okonjo-Iweala did not indict the Jonathan administration in which she served. Rather, she was referring to what many Nigerians already know; the strong opposition by some governors to the Jonathan government’s efforts to save in the Excess Crude Account and the Sovereign Wealth Fund sabotaged this important national priority.

“The governors’ criticism of Okonjo-Iweala’s many calls for the country to save for the rainy days are still fresh in the minds of Nigerians. This opposition culminated in the governors taking the Jonathan government to the Supreme Court in furtherance of their position that the Federal government had no right to “compel” them to save,” Nwabuikwu said.

The statement added that several knowledgeable persons including a former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi confirmed these facts.

“So the issue of Okonjo-Iweala indicting the Jonathan administration over this very public issue simply does not arise. We urge the media to always consult for clarification whenever the need arises,” Nwabuikwu admonished.

To lend credence to the position that the ex-minister’s comment was not an indictment on Jonathan, she had in an interview with an international magazine, Le Monde, last weekend said: “When I was finance minister, the first time, the volatility of oil prices, and therefore state resources, cost at least three points of growth in the country.

“We then established a stabilisation mechanism and opened an account for the oil surplus, which posted up to $22 billion. In 2008, when prices fell from $148 to $38 a barrel, no one had heard of Nigeria because the country was able to tap into this fund. And that I am very proud of.

“When I returned to the department in 2011, there remained only $4 billion on this account while the price of oil was very high! I tried again to put money aside. The president agreed, but the governors did not accept.

“I suffered a lot of attacks from them and now that the country would really need this account, these same people accuse me of not having saved. If Nigeria had been more careful, we would not be here today. It hurts me. We have the mechanism, we had the experience, but we were prevented to act.”​
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2016
President99:
. Nigeria is facing reality of mono-oil economy.
pls read what Saudi, Russia and Venezuela r passing through . U depending on oil for 85% of country's forex is always dangerous., oil price crashed n no reasonable reserve to withdraw from.
Saudi withdrew over $70B from its Reserve to support it economy yet they r still in crisis.
Tell us ur economy plans.
Diversifying is the only way out and previous govts we had never did.

You roped GEJ into Nigerian problem as if he took Nigerian money and pushed it into the ocean. Were the money not invested? That is diversification. You don't invest in business today and start getting profit tomorrow if the business is going places.

1 Like

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by timilinda(f): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
kindworld:
First of all FTC

Back to the issue at hand, God's Kingdom is the real hope for mankind ills!

Not human governments, they'll soon be destroyed because they have failed us
Can't wait for (Daniel 2:44) to have it's fulfillment, only then will man enjoy a satisfying and perfect government!
I am among those who will rather keep praying for God's Kingdom to come. (Matthew 6:10)

Let's share the hours na, I hvnt been able to go out yet ooo! wink
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by kindworld(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
won't you eventually die?
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
bukifemi1:
President Muhammadu Buhari, said that there is no quick solution to the present challenges of hunger confronting the nation.

Buhari, who made this shocking revelation through the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, during a dramatic town hall meeting, held in Abuja, insisted that Nigerians have to exercise more patience.

During the meeting, the Sultan of Sokoto and Chairman of the occasion, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, set the tone for the interactions between Buhari’s nine Ministers and members of the public, when he said in his opening remarks that Buhari’s policies should be reviewed, if they were not working.

He said, “If policies don’t work, there is nothing wrong in reviewing them. The government must be open to suggestions.

“If the people say they are hungry, the government should listen to them”.

Reacting, the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, who was queried on ghost workers, said, “There is no quick solution to the present challenge. There is a fundamental problem, but if we can be patient, we shall get there.

“We have a conservative borrowing programme; and we must borrow to do rail and other projects, the rail that we have now was done in the colonial era.

“We have to do rail to enable agriculture and solid minerals to be competitive. I don’t see any other option than to borrow.

“We will borrow sustainably; we will borrow to make sure that we don’t burden future generations.

“We have been borrowing in the past to pay salaries; now we borrow to invest”.

In his speech, the Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, said, “There is a cry in the air that Nigerians are hungry, and we hear them loud and clear. There are also unbelievable stories about people taking their children as human collateral for food, with no intentions to pick them up.

“This situation in Nigeria today was going to happen; whether it is this administration or another. We headed this way a long time ago.

‘‘In 1986, we were forced to devalue and deregulate. We were forced to open our doors to importation. We began devaluing the naira. We have done it steadily for 30 years. We are now N400 to one dollar and we are told to continue devaluing; that devaluation will bring wonders. I don’t believe it.

“I hope we don’t hit N1,000 to $1 someday, because the demand for dollars is $2.5 billion a week, and I have this from high authorities within the system.

“We simply don’t have it. We don’t print dollars, but the people are angry that we are not making dollars available. We became importers of rice; $5 million a day; wheat, $6 million a day; tomato paste, $400 million a year; and $20 billion a year on food’’.

Other Ministers that addressed the gathering include: Geoffrey Onyeama (Foreign Affairs), Kayode Fayemi (Solid Minerals Development), Amina Mohammed (Environment) and Prof. Isaac Adewole (Health).

http://www.post-nigeria.com/stop-crying-no-quick-solution-to-end-your-hunger-buhari-tells-nigerians/
... I am not surprise. PMB has no economic credentials or antecedents even in his first missionary journey in 1984. Obasanjo even confirmed further that "Buhari is a good soldier but not good in economic management"
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by francoray(m): 11:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Shared.
JAGABAN NIGERIA

1. Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN was Tinubu's Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice. He is today, Nigeria's Vice President.2. Rauf Aregbesola was Tinubu's Commissioner for Works. Today he is serving his second tenure as Governor of Osun State. 3. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN was Tinubu's Chief of Staff and successor in office. He is today Nigeria's Minister of Power, Works and Housing.4. Alhaji Lai Mohammed was Tinubu's first Chief of Staff. He is today, Nigeria's Minister of Information.5. Babatunde Fowler was appointed by Tinubu as Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. Today, he is the Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.At the National Assembly, there are countless "Tinubu boys" who have occupied and are still occupying seats till today.Since 1999, the Tinubu camp has produced almost 98% of the members of the National Assembly from Lagos State.Forget politics, this man is a political enigma.Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us have forgotten the names of the People who were elected Governors then. Some of them have gone out of circulation. Some are gasping for breath politically. Indeed, most of them are no longer relevant today.Who still remembers Mbadinuju of Anambra State, Jolly Nyame of Taraba, Mohammed Lawal of Kwara, Segun Osoba of Ogun, Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto, Achike Udenwa of Imo, Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom, Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia? That one has lost two consecutive senatorial elections.But Tinubu has not only managed to remain extremely relevant, he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%. Not only that, he manages to carry his boys along and today they occupy critical positions in our national life.Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria's most powerful politician. It didn't just happen by chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very hard.The hallmark of a true leader is not just the ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture and groom his associates.The JAGABAN!!!
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by bukifemi1: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
Funny people everywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Not Afraid Of War —junaid Mohammed / Sango Walks Alone / BREAKING: FG Declares May 27th As Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.