Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? (976 Views)

Should You Backup Your Website Data? / Free Digital Marketing Training For Business Owners And Aspiring Entrepreneurs / 6 Blogging Mistakes All Business Owners Should Avoid At All Costs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by DualCore1: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
The need for backups can be over emphasized. So let's share ideas on how you as an end user or as a webhost treat your backups.

P.S: No bashing, no need to call out any webhost as a result of any experience, no adverts too. Just ideas to help us all.

1 Like

Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by javijabor1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good idea dualcore1

While I bashed a webhost on the other thread the saving grace for my friend was that I did a wordpress export of all his contents some months ago so he lost a few months data.

Paid for another host immediately and pointed the dns to the new host although the I have transferred the domain to his new host now.

Back to the topic newbies can do the following backup.

1. Wp-caption export of all contents: This does not export the pictures and images unfortunately

2. Do a complete backup via your cpanel and download the file to your computer.

3. You can aso use the cpanel to backup and point the download folder to preferred location and set the backup to run at intervals . Once a week should be ok for frequent posters and once a month otherwise.
Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by yomalex(m): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
I use updraftplus plugin, it sends backup to dropbox, google drive, amazon etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by uvalued(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2016
following to learn.. security and backup a must learn by me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by emmanbol: 8:13am On Aug 13, 2016
I use whogohost and my site is still fine. I think one of d best is to maintain attitude of backing up database and web files to ur computer like weekly or two weeks. may be nothing is 100% efficient. I av a friend DAT uses foreign host, yet it crashed his site days ago. he had to start from d beginning. #WhogohostRocks
Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by ogaprime(m): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Still a newbie, still doing more research. Never use foreign hosts under EIG, Endurance International Group. They buy hosting companies to wreck it...

1 Like

Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by emmanbol: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2016
I just quickly backup my db right now. I will backup my web files asap. I use wordpress for my website @ http://NaijaTech.com.ng
I use this plugin "WP-DBManager" to backup my database to one of my web files, then I copy it into my computer via filezilla.

Webfiles don't change often compared to database that changes once you create new content.
Re: Site Owners And Webhosts, How Do You Backup? by impekkable: 4:09am On Aug 19, 2016
chairman dualcore1, i need to contact you but the private email stuff is not working.
please give your number or private email for me to reach you. thanks.

(1) (Reply)

New Global Ad Network To Make Money - By Wapact.com / Can I Create A Blog With My Phone? / 5 Days Old Naija Adsense For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.