Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Was this a 419 scam? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Was this a 419 scam? (1394 Views)

Nigerian Living In China Says 419 SCAM Is A Payback To The Western World: / Expose Nigeria 419 Scam Tricks You Know Here / Beware: 419 Scam On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was this a 419 scam? by Sista(f): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2006
This is the email I got and I was thinking, something does not seem right. Seun has in the past played about selling Nairaland but he always in the end, makes it clear that Nairaland is not for sale. When I signed in today, I saw where in the home area that "nairaland is not for sale" was highlighted in red. So I ask, was someone trying to make me a victim of a 419?

Hello,
This is Seun Osewa, admin/owner of www.nairaland.com (Nigeria's largest online forum). I am writing you because i think you may be interested in the purchase of nairaland website. I have other projects asides nairaland that needs urgent attention and i'm in dire need of money at this time.
I wish to sell off nairaland.com (the entire website) for a meagre US$10,000(negotiable). I call it meagre because i know the site is far worth more than that. I've actually spent more than that to put the site where it is today.
- Nairaland rakes in $1000-$1,400 in google adsense revenue and an additional $800(approximately) in local ads every month. However i spend almost $200 maintaining the site monthly (cost of webspace and internet service).
- Nairaland has over 65,000 members and is growing every minute and over 8000daily visits (so many guests visits).
- Nairaland is indexed on google's first 10 results in several related keywords especially as regards to anything nigerian. Most of our traffic actually comes from google.
- Nairaland was built on the robust and solid smf software so anybody who can operate a computer can administer the site. No programming knowledge needed. i spend less than 2hrs daily administring the site.

Nairaland is a very good/promising website but the only reason I'm sell it off is because i desperately need $10,000 urgently to meet a pressing need and i know a few people have shown interest in buying the site so i'm giving it to the highest within the next 2 wks. I used my savings on other stuffs. don't want to talk about that. Just need a deal now. Once deal is clinched, i'll hand over all admin passwords and everything about the site including changing the registeration details.
Please do not put these in the forum. I need to seal the deal secretly until everything has been done because i do not need any advice/comments (from people) as regards selling the forum so lets keep communication via the email or phone convo. So if interested call me on +234 808 253 5578 or send replies to oluwaseun.osewa@gmail.com instead (i prefer using gmail's mail client). I only sent this from admin@nairaland.com so you wont need ask for proofs again.
Thanks

Oluwaseun
Re: Was this a 419 scam? by gbengalite(m): 6:05am On Jun 01, 2013
I am a great man i dug this out 7 yrs after...

NAIRALAND FOR SALE
Re: Was this a 419 scam? by Gboliwe: 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
Has got to be scam. $10k for Nairaland? What a joke
Re: Was this a 419 scam? by chucky234(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
Guess Seun wanted to sell when things was rough and tough, you can confirm the true nature of that mail from Seun and him alone.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Brag On The Number Of Beer Drinks The Can Take In A Beer Palour. / Deeligibles:are You Singles And Ready To Get Married? / Does This Deserve A Ban?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.