Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement (15344 Views)

$500m Abacha Loot Goes Missing; EFCC Launches Probe / 18 States That Will Benefit From $500m World Bank Projects / Osinbajo Wants To Borrow $500m Eurobond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by 989900: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2016
obailala:
I'm sorry but your logic here is quite myopic; you should be able to see and think wider than this. How can anyone possibly think that increasing the number of houses in a society would benefit only the rich?.... How can anyone also think that investing in capital projects like real estates and solving a housing problem is bad for the economy at this time?

Firstly, investments in large capital projects like housing development creates thousands of jobs, positively stimulates the GDP and it solves a major problem (housing). Secondly, solving a housing problem in a society cannot be, and is not beneficial to only the rich; even if the estates are owned and occupied by the rich, increasing the number of houses in a society will definitely benefit every single class of society.

Simple economic laws of demand and supply: When many more houses are added to a society (more supply), it drives down the general cost of housing. While the rich in society are able to move into new classy houses, the previous houses they vacated would be occupied by the middle class and this upward shift continues until it even gets to the destitute living under bridges who would be able to move up into face-me-I-face-you apartments. In summary, increasing the number of houses in a society, always benefits everyone.

I can bet both of my balls they still won't/can't get it. sad
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by benELOHIM7(m): 10:20am On Aug 13, 2016
On the contrary the money doesnt go round. It dissappears somewhere in the conduit if you know what I am saying. The money dissappears because the average nigerian has little or no knowledge of what the mou is all about and what he should be expecting.

you talk about working hard and smart like you dont know nigerians are one of the most hardworking people on earth, yet we still live below poverty line.

My point is, the govt should invest these funds in projects that affect the common man directly. What is too difficult in that?
ashjay001:

Oga, e don tay wey u enter (building)site o! Fine, d money no go buy ferrari, but it beats sitting at home n cooking up crime with ur friends, so u can survive.

That is how most economies work. The blue collar earns money n spends it, his spending it is wat makes d economy go round. The more he earns(consistently), d more he spends on evryday goods, d market pple make their profits, d manufacturer makes his own n probably increases production, employing more pple, who make more money n want to build their own house n d circle goes round n round!

The rich are at d top of d economic chain, financing ur house, ur car or even sell goods to u at great profit! U can be rich too! Just work hard n smart n pray for providence! But does benelohim pray? Seem I remember u frm d religious section.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by dsaintJ4Real(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
another
big
lie
we
all
miss
you
GEJ

you
gave
us
houses

Which houses? Are you staying in one?
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by Harwoyeez(m): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2016
One can safely conclude that poverty has eaten deep into d body soul and spirit of youths of nowadays making them devoid of critical reasoning about things happening around them. No wonder youths are relegated because of lack of critical reasoning. A simple fact about d mou if implemented is the multiplier effect it's going to have on the economy and d masses because the houses are not built from heaven but by d poor masses so as to have a ripple effect. What should rather be agitated for is d implementation of d said mou not questioning if its what's needed because the last time I checked, Nigerians needed house
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by obailala(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2016
benELOHIM7:
Absolute rubbish. why after all the hundreds of mou's signed, we still havent tackled unemployment? I am sure you refer to the man-know-man system of employment. Why are nigerians so stupid or irredeemably hypocritical?

The educational system was designed to structure the mind towards positive and innovative thinking, to inculcate much discipline in students so that they doggedly stand against indiscipline even in the pain of death. Its a shame that our educational system has been reduced to this despicable form where a graduate from an indigenious university cannot define his course of study talkless of applying it in the real world. I hear that there was a time when secondary school leavers get decent jobs in multinationals. This era had entrepreneurs in authors, international traders, well educated farmers etc and the economy was better, a dollar to a naira. Why? Because the foundation (education) was sure and firm. There was a place for everybody in the society and every one knew his place. Orderliness!

I dont know if its stupidity or sheer ignorance, but the way forward is not in signing deals that will favour a selected few. We should stay awake please!

Now
Ignoring all the unprintable words you used, your comment absolutely portrayed you as an intelligent person with a fine education. But you messed it all up at the end by asserting that infrastructural development in the housing sector of an economy would favour only the rich few. That is totally incorrect!
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by LorDBolton(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
another
big
lie
we
all
miss
you
GEJ

you
gave
us
houses

Lmao
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by obailala(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2016
100Cents:

When one invests in real estate, the labourers, suppliers, craftmen and engineers who work on site are the poor masses. They get paid by the rich man or foreign investor.

At project completion, rich men rent the posh apartments and commercial spaces.

Technically, wealth is being transferred from the rich to the poor..
In addition to the bolded above, while the rich men shift upwards by renting the poshest abodes, remember that they vacate their previous abodes which in turn would then be occupied by the middle class; this upward shift trickles down to the poor who will eventually move into a house better than his previous abode. Simple demand and supply law, when there are more houses added to the society, it drags down the price. It's quite strange how a lot of people who pride themselves as being educated, enlightened and sound cannot see this simple big picture.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by wristbangle: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
[s]another
big
lie
we
all
miss
you
GEJ

you
gave
us
houses[/s]

Mtcheeeewwww!
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by obailala(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2016
benELOHIM7:
On the contrary the money doesnt go round. It dissappears somewhere in the conduit if you know what I am saying. The money dissappears because the average nigerian has little or no knowledge of what the mou is all about and what he should be expecting.

you talk about working hard and smart like you dont know nigerians are one of the most hardworking people on earth, yet we still live below poverty line.

My point is, the govt should invest these funds in projects that affect the common man directly. What is too difficult in that?
Except you are suggesting that the government should start paying stipends to every poor man in Nigeria, I wonder what else the government should be doing to help the nation besides infrastructural developments like this.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by Thisis2raw(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2016
obailala:
Upgrade your thinking bro, investing in capital projects like housing development is a major boost to the economy of any nation.
keep playing yourself
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by obailala(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2016
Thisis2raw:
keep playing yourself
You are not alone bro, a lot of Nigerians are incapable of critical reasoning; thanks to our crappy educational system which only imparts paper certificates. This explains why our society is the way it is.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by ashjay001(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2016
benELOHIM7:

D commonman needs jobs, not banking jobs, not oyel jobs, not import n export jobs! Just unskilled or semi-skilled! D commonwoman needs patronage. Short of dashing pple on d street cash, projects such as ds are for d commonman!

Look at d school feeding, d demand for farm produce is gonna rise, d commonman will try to meet dat demand by either engaging in farming or increasing his output. Either way, he will be earning more! More money means more spending!

Why we live below d poverty line is because our leaders prefer to loot d funds instead of building infrastructure n paying pple to maintain dem. We need more roads, rails, teachers, police, schools, etc but dey budget money for all these n den loot such monies! Or instead of providing for such dey prefer to provide for invisible constituency projects!

D rich are gonna be with us, but dey generally make up less dan 10% of any population! D remaining 90% are key to unlocking any economy! That 90% needs jobs n cash to spend, providing it is d govts job!
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by amdoyin82(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2016
omokab:
Top up. I believe in God and with time Nigeria will better. In a year to two years time food will be surplus and there will be good roads across the country. Good policy on economy will definitely gear up the economy.
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!. So shall it be in Jesus name. Oh lord, let the case be "no pain, no gain" and gain at last.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by Thisis2raw(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2016
obailala:
You are not alone bro, a lot of Nigerians are incapable of critical reasoning; thanks to our crappy educational system which only imparts paper certificates. This explains why our society is the way it is.
I chose not hold a convo doesn't mean I don't know what to tell you and more over when comes to education bro I was given the best my parents. I don't know why you miscreants always think one didn't get a good education like you people.
Now let me tell you something.

Even if this is to boost the economy they are sectors that needs this fund more badly than real Estate.

(1) the agricultural sector needs this funds badly
(2) the mining sector needs this funds badly
(2) the health sector needs this funds badly
Not this real Estate bullshxt
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by obailala(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2016
Thisis2raw:
I chose not hold a convo doesn't mean I don't know what to tell you and more over when comes to education bro I was given the best my parents. I don't know why you miscreants always think one didn't get a good education like you people.
Now let me tell you something.

Even if this is to boost the economy they are sectors that needs this fund more badly than real Estate.

(1) the agricultural sector needs this funds badly
(2) the mining sector needs this funds badly
(2) the health sector needs this funds badly
Not this real Estate bullshxt
The point being made here is simple, 'that the agricultural, mining and health sectors need these funds, that doesn't mean the housing sector doesn't equally need these funds.' Nigeria suffers from a major infrastructural deficit which needs to be bridged. If only past and present Nigerian thieving leaders invested more of their stolen wealth on infrastructural projects within the shores of Nigeria, our economy wouldn't have been in its present messed up state.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by DamiBukola: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2016
989900:
A big step in the right direction.

Some comments here just goes to prove there are just too many dumb people amongst us.
go through your sentence and see the grammatical blunder.
Dumb as●h ● l● calling another dumb, imagine committing blunder in just a simple sentence.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by 989900: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2016
DamiBukola:

[s]go through your sentence and see the grammatical blunder.
Dumb as●h ● l● calling another dumb, imagine committing blunder in just a simple sentence.[/s]

And you wonder why they call you st00pid?
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by benELOHIM7(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2016
Revamping the educational system would provide more jobs and human development than building houses that may never be made available to the common man in his lifetime
obailala:
Except you are suggesting that the government should start paying stipends to every poor man in Nigeria, I wonder what else the government should be doing to help the nation besides infrastructural developments like this.
[quote author=ashjay001 post=48443304]

D commonman needs jobs, not banking jobs, not oyel jobs, not import n export jobs! Just unskilled or semi-skilled! D commonwoman needs patronage. Short of dashing pple on d street cash, projects such as ds are for d commonman!

Look at d school feeding, d demand for farm produce is gonna rise, d commonman will try to meet dat demand by either engaging in farming or increasing his output. Either way, he will be earning more! More money means more spending!

Why we live below d poverty line is because our leaders prefer to loot d funds instead of building infrastructure n paying pple to maintain dem. We need more roads, rails, teachers, police, schools, etc but dey budget money for all these n den loot such monies! Or instead of providing for such dey prefer to provide for invisible constituency projects!

D rich are gonna be with us, but dey generally make up less dan 10% of any population! D remaining 90% are key to unlocking any economy! That 90% needs jobs n cash to spend, providing it is d govts job![/qquote] revamping the educational system would provide more jobs and human development than building houses that may never be made available to the common man in his lifetime.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by Kx: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2016
Is only in nl that people would interpret "$200m agricultural vehicle " to mean $200m to buy tractors and farm machinery.

Wonders they say.........
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by ashjay001(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2016
benELOHIM7:
Revamping the educational system would provide more jobs and human development than building houses that may never be made available to the common man in his lifetime

How will revamping d educational system provide enough jobs for d millions of teeming graduates?

1 Like

Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by Nixon55(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2016
ashjay001:

D rich are gonna be with us, but dey generally make up less dan 10% of any population! D remaining 90% are key to unlocking any economy! That 90% needs jobs n cash to spend, providing it is d govts job!

True talk...
I wonder what Nigerians think when they hear that America added 200,000 jobs in July. Do they think it's Wall Street Jobs, or Silicon Valley jobs?
It's jobs that come from McDonalds, to Walmart, KFC, etc. Most of those jobs are usually minimum wage (or slightly higher) jobs!!

1 Like

Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by obailala(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
benELOHIM7:
Revamping the educational system is important, but that doesn't mean bridging the housing infrastructure deficit isn't. I suppose you dont expect 100% of the government's attention and resources to be concentrated on education?... Meanwhile FOOD, CLOTHING AND SHELTER are the most popular basic needs of man, that is not to say I am discounting the importance or priority of education though, it's just a reminder that housing isn't a non-priority as you allude.

Once again, regarding your assumptions about the common man not benefiting from housing projects, I believe several people on this thread have comprehensively clarified that to be a very flawed assumption. The rich presently have houses, if more houses are built and the rich move into the new posh houses, what happens to their previous vacant homes? Do they burn the houses when they leave or do they carry the houses on their heads to their new places of abode?

1 Like

Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by junnyjake(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Johnnyessence:
abegi oga the investment u are talking here is for d elite and rich ones. they should stop all this signing gigantic contract and not improving d lives of common man in d society. d mou they sign won't help d poor breed ok. cos' d real estate they build before who are d one that benefit from it. we should change our mindset on signiing of gigantic project that will only help d rich.

People that are yet to witness the drama in the real world are the ones shouting, it will benefit the poor.

Who are the poor ones?

I'm an artisan, an electrical engineer, It's my discipline, I also practice.

There are a number of contracts we've applied for, and because we are not acquainted with any godfather, we end up disappointed.

I wonder why my fellow compatriots are this delusional? I mean, I have seen painters that are millionaires still practicing same with bricklayers, electricians and all artisans.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by junnyjake(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
ashjay001:

Let me offer you this narrative.

Oga tunde was someone I knew 4 gaining admission to the university, this man is a millionaire, on several occasions I've asked to work for him but my request are always met by an indefinite answer.

Just yesterday, I saw my man working, wiring a house, and I was like oga, na u be this? Haba mana, you shouldn't be stressing yourself this much considering the level you've attained.
He was like everyone needs money.

This is not only percuiliar to him, but many others I've come across.

If you're considering the employment opportunities it will provide, it's still going to be the man know man nepotism.
And these employments last as long as the building building project is on.

I can relate to perhaps, the building deficit point you raised, and the middle class citizens moving into the houses vacated from by the rich elites. Judging from where I reside, this doesn't necessarily mean there would be a reduction in the rent of these houses.

You might see me as an enemy of this government, but it's been like this as long as I could remember.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by ashjay001(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
junnyjake:

Let me offer you this narrative.

Oga tunde was someone I knew 4 gaining admission to the university, this man is a millionaire, on several occasions I've asked to work for him but my request are always met by an indefinite answer.

Just yesterday, I saw my man working, wiring a house, and I was like oga, na u be this? Haba mana, you shouldn't be stressing yourself this much considering the level you've attained.
He was like everyone needs money.

This is not only percuiliar to him, but many others I've come across.

If you're considering the employment opportunities it will provide, it's still going to be the man know man nepotism.

You might see me as an enemy of this government, but it's been like this as long as I could remember.

Until u start comparing GEJ to PMB, I won't see u as an enemy! D nose n d mustache are not contemporaries! I don't hate or discourage critics of ds govt, what I take umbrage for is when they claim d ineffectual buffoon(IB) was better value?!

Nepotism can only go so far! After sometime, they either run out of relatives/friends or u end up benefiting from it as well(brother to d friend of a cousin to friend of d former classmate! Dazzol). Even PMB is being criticized into submission!

When d projects are coming fast and numerous, oga Tunde would be forced to call on u!
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by ashjay001(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kx:
Is only in nl that people would interpret "$200m agricultural vehicle " to mean $200m to buy tractors and farm machinery.

Wonders they say.........

Not only on nl o, try asking some of ur neighbours n friends, u will be surprised!
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by junnyjake(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
ashjay001:

Until u start comparing GEJ to PMB, I won't see u as an enemy! D nose n d mustache are not contemporaries! I don't hate or discourage critics of ds govt, what I take umbrage for is when they claim d ineffectual buffoon(IB) was better value?!

Nepotism can only go so far! After sometime, they either run out of relatives/friends or u end up benefiting from it as well(brother to d friend of a cousin to friend of d former classmate! Dazzol). Even PMB is being criticized into submission!

When d projects are coming fast and numerous, oga Tunde would be forced to call on u!

Well, I'd continue playing my own part lubricating my social skills.

And until I see that this century old practice of nepotism is greatly reduced, I won't see any of these as good news to the common man.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by ashjay001(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
junnyjake:

Well, I'd continue playing my own part lubricating my social skills.

And until I see that this century old practice of nepotism is greatly reduced, I won't see any of these as good news to the common man.

Century old and a permanent part of d human psyche. I can't av an electrical job n u expect me to call u, when I av an elder bro that can handle it?

What u do is what u've said, oil ur social skills, widen ur social group and always do a recommendable job!
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by junnyjake(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
ashjay001:

Century old and a permanent part of d human psyche. I can't av an electrical job n u expect me to call u, when I av an elder bro that can handle it?

What u do is what u've said, oil ur social skills, widen ur social group and always do a recommendable job!

You speaking for yourself man.

I'm talking about the government for everyone irrespective of who you are, who you know, who you are related to, but emphasis on reaching out to competent hands.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
dickrider:
I am tired of this government sad
.Please,kindly go help urself with the next Transformer in ur street.
Re: Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement by alfanio(m): 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Johnnyessence:
good question teach them how to fish.instead of them to introduce policies and program that will change things for d poor they are signing mou that will only benefit d estate developers. am 100 percent sure d poor breed won't benefit from it.it's only d riches. why?
So it is the rich that will be the be the carpenter, the plumber, the bricklayer etc smh. some people shaaaaa! Oga you go school at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Rejects Adeosun's Call For Interest Rate Cut, Retains Benchmark Rat / Nigeria Doesn't Need A Ghost President- Reno Omokri / Afenifere Makes Five Requests To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.