Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting (28737 Views)

Tinubu, Dantata, Cole, Ogah, Others Clinch Nigeria’s 1.3mbd Oil Lifting Deal / Exxonmobil Resumes Export Three Months After Force Majeure / Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Truckpusher(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:
This is serious men..shiiit is getting too real..

Force majeure on the bonny light transmission line... embarassed sad

Well let the dialogue go on and yield good results...All this is to teach everyone a lesson that we don't just have 3 major tribes(especially the core north) who can tout and beat their chest like they own the country...The real owners are the Niger deltans. ...feeding this nation from time immemorial...

If these explosion of trunk lines continues just about many non Niger deltans would loose their jobs...exactly what I told a yoruba friend of mine that works for neconde who was shouting let the FG go and clear the creeks with air strikes..
*grabs chair*
My brother is talking lemme listen closely .

I hope the promoters for the total annihilation of the Niger Delta are still singing the same old war song that has been tossed into the trash can of history ?

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by afanide: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2016
mikolo80:
go and check properly
It's only politicians that enjoy oil money
The north actually feed you.
If they leave you with the oyel
Oyinbo will just collect it

Could you please be more explicit

Dont you think with their Oil Money they would afford even a bag of rice at 30,000?

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by 4everGrand(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Military operation is not the solution to ND crisis.

But the govt turned deaf ear whilst we keep losing crude production in the midst of economic, security challenges.

Things are spiraling out of government control but they don't seems to realize the danger ahead.

So..so unfortunate Buhari advisers aren't telling him that operation crocodile tears is not the solution.

ND militants, sorry Ijaw militants, the problem of that region since 1900.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by legendte(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2016
Even goat dey vex for this President Buhari

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by 4everGrand(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:

It's their acute lack of knowledge that makes them believe in an old sheriffat who will rather beat drum of war instead of diplomacy.

The FG needs to adopt a developmental plan for ND.

A developmental plan that should not involve their leaders, at least monetarily. Sorry to say, a lotta Nigerians are thieves, after only their good and that of their nuclear family to the detriment of any other Nigerian.

Jimi Disu yesterday said its our laziness, mental that is, that has made a lot of us Nigerians slaves to Godfathers. When all we are thinking of is stealing with a nice term called 'allocation', be Christians, Muslims, pagans, south, or north.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by legendte(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2016
I typed Dullard-inho and it changed to President Buhari.
Seun no be me go answer for am oooo
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Observant: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2016
From PMBs previous stint as head of state, It was only logical to have very little faith in him to handle our very plural, diverse and complex society.
he probably has good intentions to restore sanity/law and order to our society, he appears to have the will, but clearly lacks the approach, the wisdom and understanding to effectively deliver on his intentions.

We saw it in 1984 when he sent soldiers to dictate the prices of commodities in the market without recourse to cost of production etc.
We saw it when his draconian policies forced the UK government to introduce visa requirements for Nigeria traveling to the UK.

What sort of slowpoke arrogantly scruples the "artificial peace" of the region laying the golden egg at a period when the egg is half its price?
A 15yrs old with a waec would know not to do that. A 15yrs old would know to pamper the region, get as much as he can while heavily investing in other sectors agriculture, mining, manufacturing, trades, education etc. When these regions have the prospects to cushion the effect of a confrontation with the fraud called amnesty program and pipe contract by the rogue called tompolo, then you can systematically whine the country of oil dependence.
But no, the bigot in Aso rock went on zombiehighway with army of living dead supporter chanting kill them all.

Well let's see the result of that brain dead venture.
1.) Drastically Reduced output of crude
2.) Unnecessary death of our men in uniform.
3.) Shutdown of production plants
4) folding up of servicing firms creating more economic woes
5.) Then another very brainless move of spending taxpayers money looking for commercial crude deposit in the north. (One begins to wonder if these people read global news at all. I am 100% sure the world will never have need for as much crude as it did 4-5yrs ago, crude will remain on a downward spiral hence forth.)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by proeast(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:
what are you saying
I thought I was the only one who couldnt understand the gibberish he wrote there. Nigeria under the Daura President keeps sinking down the abyss with each passing day! Whatever negotiation that wont allow the passage of the PIB bill and true fiscal federalism is dead on arrival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by darqly(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:

All this is to teach everyone a lesson that we don't just have 3 major tribes(especially the core north) who can tout and beat their chest like they own the country...The real owners are the Niger deltans. ...feeding this nation from time immemorial..

This is delusional. What's with the idea that some group or region own the country? Or that the country can't survive without ND? In all this, you've conveniently omitted the fact that oil is no longer a game changer globally- Everybody has it and it's damn cheap too. ND will learn sooner than later that oil is not the panacea to their ills. All I see is a legit attempt at resource control being hijacked by criminals and murderers under the guise of militancy. I'm certain you don't drink crude when you're hungry, neither do I. So you ain't feeding nobody mate!
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by saintneo(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2016
helovesme:
Some of the dolts commenting have no idea what "force majeure" means or its impact on oil production.

Yet you didn't reveal it.

shame!
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by VERDA: 11:14am On Aug 13, 2016
mikolo80:
go and check properly

Oga what are you saying...how much does rice,beans,corn or other food products add to the federation acct from which salaries,other recurrent and capital expenditures are shared,stop being ignorant,you claim oil is not important yet a drop in price and sabotage by militants is causing the country so much hardship.We all want our agricultural sector to boom and the country to cut back on it overdependence on oil,we must however stop decieving ourselves and others that oil at the moment is not important.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by guntranno(f): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2016
link2ok:
Buhari has never and would never be a good leader. Been stiff,hard and tough never makes you a good leader. You open your mouth to talk without tinking what might likely be the repacaution. Bush was tough but never killed Osama he chased for years. Obama very soft but killed Osama.

The issue of 9ja delta is gradually deteroriating. Never you start a fire cos it might be difficult to put it off.

We had several options in the last general election. We opted for sum 1 who cannot present common waec certificate.

Jega the evil you left for Nigerians would hunt you and your family till the end of time

Did you expect Jega to rig the election?

Why didnt GEJ contested the outcome of the election?

If the militants like let them continue deteriorating their environment. The direct impact isn't gonna help them at all.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Izonpikin: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2016
darqly:

This is delusional. What's with the idea that some group or region own the country? Or that the country can't survive without ND? In all this, you've conveniently omitted the fact that oil is no longer a game changer globally- Everybody has it and it's damn cheap too. ND will learn sooner than later that oil is not the panacea to their ills. All I see is a legit attempt at resource control being hijacked by criminals and murderers under the guise of militancy. I'm certain you don't drink crude when you're hungry, neither do I. So you ain't feeding nobody mate!
guy calm down...I only made a salient point...that the so called minorities as many claim are not minorities...and for now oil remains the game changer...Our forex reserves are on the low and the naira dying...The ND all along has been predominantly bolstering our reserves and yet we are refered to as minorities...even the president viewed us as insignificant...I hope he's learning his lessons..

Nigeria needs crude oil export proceeds like never before...tell me I am wrong...

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
buhari should move to waste and North for an oil exploration and leave our oil for us. we will drink it ;am blind to haters!
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by uckennety(m): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:

Force majeure on the bonny light transmission line... embarassed sad

Well let the dialogue go on and yield good results...All this is to teach everyone a lesson that we don't just have 3 major tribes(especially the core north) who can tout and beat their chest like they own the country...The real owners are the Niger deltans. ...feeding this nation from time immemorial...

If these explosion of trunk lines continues just about many non Niger deltans would loose their jobs...exactly what I told a yoruba friend of mine that works for neconde who was shouting let the FG go and clear the creeks with air strikes..

Biko kwa nu is niger delta a tribe?
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by TheFreeOne: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
4everGrand:

A developmental plan that should not involve their leaders, at least monetarily. Sorry to say, a lotta Nigerians are thieves, after only their good and that of their nuclear family to the detriment of any other Nigerian.

Jimi Disu yesterday said its our laziness, mental that is, that has made a lot of us Nigerians slaves to Godfathers. When all we are thinking of is stealing with a nice term called 'allocation', be Christians, Muslims, pagans, south, or north.
I quite agree with you on that.

The FG need to dialogue with credible leaders that can reach out to those that are critical to the ongoing crisis and not attention seeking conflict merchants/selfish leaders whose eyes are on the money to be made from militancy.

The many groups springing up are proxies for politicians whose interests are in the amnesty payouts and not ND welfare and development.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by darqly(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:

Nigeria needs crude oil export proceeds like never before...tell me I am wrong...

We need export proceeds, and it can come from sources other than crude. Once that begins, the ND has to change its negotiation tactics, militancy will be irrelevant and called what it really is- Criminal. We are where we are because we thought high crude prices would last forever + who would believe other nations would find their own crude? My argument is crude isn't the savior any more, globally too. ND seems to be oblivious of this fact.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Izonpikin: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
darqly:

We need export proceeds, and it can come from sources other than crude. Once that begins, the ND has to change its negotiation tactics, militancy will be irrelevant and called what it really is- Criminal. We are where we are because we thought high crude prices would last forever + who would believe other nations would find their own crude? My argument is crude isn't the savior any more, globally too. ND seems to be oblivious of this fact.
well until other revenue streams commence we are all stuck with oil wether we like it or not...I pray for other avenues for our country to generate money,it would be for everybody's good..

The ND is aware of the fact that oil isn't everything reason why we clamor for regionalism as the ultimate way for growth of the nation..infact it is non Niger deltans who are hell bent on dying on the oil in the ND..na lie I talk
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by rabex123(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
dadavivo:
They will all leave one by One. Buhari will never have our oil period. Any environmental explanation, keep it to yourself.
bros it seems your just travelling all over to spread hate messages...are u ok at all..u need help ohh..seriously.prayiny fir the downfall of ur country is a disease and its eating u up.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by MutantMetahuman: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
DabuIIIT:

5% that u cannot survive without,abi? Una nø dey shame? U coming here and harping on 5% but the reamaining big4nothing,useless,unproductive,retrogressive,good4nothing 95% need the mere 5% to survive! Shior..

They are destroying their fathers' land,why are u pained,concerned severussnape's environmental activist?
mumu post..

Even the real 5% are not complaining like the parasites from the east who add nothing to nigeria's economy cheesy

Who cares if they bomb themselves to oblivion, just don't come here and blame buhari or anybody for your problem. Simple.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Izonpikin: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
uckennety:

Biko kwa nu is niger delta a tribe?
before... grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by DabuIIIT: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
mumu post..

Even the real 5% are not complaining like the parasites from the east who add nothing to nigeria's economy cheesy

Who cares if they bomb themselves to oblivion, just don't come here and blame buhari or anybody for your problem. Simple.

i IS complaining cos i IS a proud niger deltan from Edo and i allign fully well with my fellow igbo 5%. Ur old stuppid dullapo tagged us 5%, but without us the 95% is as retrogressive,unproductive,big4nothing and useless and dead as a cow meat..
And when u say the igbos dont produce anything,why do u and ur zoo military shiit in pant whenever they wanna go,why do u sweat to keep what is "useless"?

Oya,when i say "ZOMBIE O ZOMBIE", you reply
"ZOMBIE O ZOMBIE".
Lolss
grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by MutantMetahuman: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
[s]
DabuIIIT:

i IS complaining cos i IS a proud niger deltan from Edo and i allign fully well with my fellow igbo 5%. Ur old stuppid dullapo tagged us 5%, but without us the 95% is as retrogressive,unproductive,big4nothing and useless and dead as a cow meat..
And when u say the igbos dont produce anything,why do u and ur zoo military shiit in pant whenever they wanna go,why do u sweat to keep what is "useless"?

Oya,when i say "ZOMBIE O ZOMBIE", you reply
"ZOMBIE O ZOMBIE".
Lolss
[/s]
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by DabuIIIT: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
[s][/s]
see painment o grin grin

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by omosi81(f): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
helovesme:
Some of the dolts commenting have no idea what "force majeure" means or its impact on oil production.
bros me sef no know o. Abeg explain more.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by toofit007: 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
mikolo80:
go and check properly
and who are POLITICIANS, are they not 80% north? the heat is on now and ur trying to cover them. the north claim to own NIGERIA hence they make up 80% of the politicians who is ruling the country. Let them continue to bomb every thing that carry our oyel out of the creek until there is no more oyel to lift we are heavily tired of parasites from the north and WASTE let every one go on their separate ways so that peace will rain, no amount of begging from the Hausa and Yoruba for us to continue staying will be listen to. In NNAMDI KANU'S voice .....
the ZOO MUST FALL! and from it ashes great nations will rise such as ODUDUWA NATION, AREWA NATION and of course God paradise on earth UNITED STATES OF BIA... FR.....,.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by sammyclassics(m): 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
Bubu I thought you said you won't pay the militants? You keep appointing committees every month and funny special advisers yet no one could tell you to settle the NDA and you recently came out saying Nigeria is suddenly poor... Gosh I just dislike this government.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by dragunov: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:
what are you saying
The truth. The fact!
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Mmoud: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:
what are you saying

the truth
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by TheAlchemist: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
Observant:
From PMBs previous stint as head of state, It was only logical to have very little faith in him to handle our very plural, diverse and complex society.
he probably has good intentions to restore sanity/law and order to our society, he appears to have the will, but clearly lacks the approach, the wisdom and understanding to effectively deliver on his intentions.

We saw it in 1984 when he sent soldiers to dictate the prices of commodities in the market without recourse to cost of production etc.
We saw it when his draconian policies forced the UK government to introduce visa requirements for Nigeria traveling to the UK.

What sort of slowpoke arrogantly scruples the "artificial peace" of the region laying the golden egg at a period when the egg is half its price?
A 15yrs old with a waec would know not to do that. A 15yrs old would know to pamper the region, get as much as he can while heavily investing in other sectors agriculture, mining, manufacturing, trades, education etc. When these regions have the prospects to cushion the effect of a confrontation with the fraud called amnesty program and pipe contract by the rogue called tompolo, then you can systematically whine the country of oil dependence.
But no, the bigot in Aso rock went on zombiehighway with army of living dead supporter chanting kill them all.

Well let's see the result of that brain dead venture.
1.) Drastically Reduced output of crude
2.) Unnecessary death of our men in uniform.
3.) Shutdown of production plants
4) folding up of servicing firms creating more economic woes
5.) Then another very brainless move of spending taxpayers money looking for commercial crude deposit in the north. (One begins to wonder if these people read global news at all. I am 100% sure the world will never have need for as much crude as it did 4-5yrs ago, crude will remain on a downward spiral hence forth.)

way out guys way out... How do we get out of this mess!
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by blackprowler: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
yanshDoctor:
not that I am supporting the militant. but military confrontation will never, I repeat it will never solve the problem. yaradua with great wisdom saw this coming.

If you have any capacity to think you should be able to judge what impact the Yar'Adua approach has had. Why are we still on this issue then? Didn't he do appeasement? He, like you, don't know nada about these issues. Who says military confrontation doesn't solve problems? It is the most effective solver of certain problems and this falls under that category
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by yanshDoctor: 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
and he enriched some feww people!!!!....Millitary is not the solution but amnesty is a fraud that should never have started!!!!
as long as the underlying problem is still there. the agitators will still be there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger Delta Celebrates Tompolo's 46th Birthday, Unveils T-shirts, Calls Him Hero / A Man Narrates How Apc Thugs Bullied Everyone At His Polling Unit To Vote Apc / Bomb Blast In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.