Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting (28739 Views)

Tinubu, Dantata, Cole, Ogah, Others Clinch Nigeria’s 1.3mbd Oil Lifting Deal / Exxonmobil Resumes Export Three Months After Force Majeure / Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by yanshDoctor: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
blackprowler:

If you have any capacity to think you should be able to judge what impact the Yar'Adua approach has had. Why are we still on this issue then? Didn't he do appeasement? He, like you, don't know nada about these issues. Who says military confrontation doesn't solve problems? It is the most effective solver of certain problems and this falls under that category
as long as the underlying problem is still there. there will be more agitators.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by ajepako(f): 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
Jediel1:
Abeg tutors in d ouse wetin b majeure undecided lipsrsealed

An.act or forces beyond your power that makes you give up and unable to continue to execute a contract....it is often an act of God or force of nature you have no control over..like earthquake, mansoon, typhoon and so on..
But in case of ND..it is militancy...
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
toofit007:
and who are POLITICIANS, are they not 80% north?
36 states
19 ''northern'' states of which benue Kwara plateau adamawa Niger and Taraba kogi are middle belt leaving 13 states in the north
13 over 36 equals.........

I know you're too lazy and ignorant to do the math so ill tell you that's 30%

meanwhile is your gwamna a northerner
your senators nko
civil servants na Ibo plenty pass
reps assembly lga chairman councillor contractor they're all northerners ba
each state get minister and ambassador o

try make use of the subsidised education you receive na

the heat is on now and ur trying to cover them. the north claim to own NIGERIA hence they make up 80% of the politicians who is ruling the country. Let them continue to bomb every thing that carry our oyel out of the creek until there is no more oyel to lift we are heavily tired of parasites from the north and WASTE let every one go on their separate ways so that peace will rain, no amount of begging from the Hausa and Yoruba for us to continue staying will be listen to. In NNAMDI KANU'S voice .....
nobody is begging you
we are TELLING you that we will suck you dry the same way you sucked our cocoa and grannut

the ZOO MUST FALL!
maybe your zoo will fall
me in a human being
I don't even visit zoos

and from it ashes great nations will rise such as ODUDUWA NATION, AREWA NATION and of course God paradise on earth UNITED STATES OF BIA... FR.....,.
if you can't make it as a Nigerian you can never make it as a biafran
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
afanide:

Could you please be more explicit

Dont you think with their Oil Money they would afford even a bag of rice at 30,000?

no they can'
they will have more money than sense
ask the Saudis
you will buy rice 100 k because we will tax the shege out of them. that oyel moni, we must drink am
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
afanide:

Could you please be more explicit

Dont you think with their Oil Money they would afford even a bag of rice at 30,000?

no they can'
they will have more money than sense
ask the Saudis
you will buy rice 100 k because cultists will take over and skata every camp no more Nigerian army to maintain law and order
ask Liberia
Sierra Leone
. that oyel moni, we must drink am together
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ghost447:
Have you been to the North to see how they beg for food or you just finished secondary school and started repeating the falsehood you heard from propagandist? They feed the country, but they beg to feed. What an irony!

na laziness be those ones problem
where do you think beans,onion, tomatoes,melon, grannut, maize come from

small flood or strike una go de lament cos na hobby farming we de do for south
all of una wan work for shell nnpc cbn police
northerner farm
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
zuto4u:
How is the North feeding him? Please expatiate. Coz to me, I don't see any positive contribution from them to this nation.
where does
meat onion beans maize tomato pepper come from
simple question o
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
Krismart:
Who get this child? Come breastfeed am abeg
who get this slowpoke o
come use am do ritual killing o
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
silvernus0:

truth is dat Nigeria feeds with oil money
no
Nigeria luxuriate with oil money apart from tin tomato that we import and noodles and wheat and rice
but a good chunk of our GDP is still agric
google it
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Are you been sarcastic or real!
Please don't prove to me what you are not... a parasite!!!
if I'm being sarcastic you'll know.
and yes why would I let a perfectly good maga go to waste
why should you enjoy the oil alone that was found in ''our'' land
show me your c of o to prove that '' your'' land has oyel
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Izonpikin:
what are you saying
that you ignorant
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by fanficgirl(f): 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
mikolo80:
that you ignorant
That's a joke, checkout the percentage of oil that makes up Nigeria GDP
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by fanficgirl(f): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
All this talking but no one has described what a Force Dejure is?
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Ghost447(m): 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
mikolo80:

na laziness be those ones problem
where do you think beans,onion, tomatoes,melon, grannut, maize come from

small flood or strike una go de lament cos na hobby farming we de do for south
all of una wan work for shell nnpc cbn police
northerner farm
They have no market for their farm products, they sell to Southerners so that they can continue with their farming. Let them eat their food and see if Southerners cannot survive. Do you think it's easy to get a ready market for your products?
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ghost447:
They have no market for their farm products, they sell to Southerners so that they can continue with their farming. Let them eat their food and see if Southerners cannot survive. Do you think it's easy to get a ready market for your products?
they can eat dia food
what will you eat, oyel? money? wood,forest? how many fish una de catch with canoe for south

just two weeks flood una wan cry blood say pepper no de to cook
2 years of Boko
how many beans una plant since price rise up due to scarcity
don't fool yourself
the north feeds you
na imported things like TV that you don't produce and they are even too poor to afford such
better go and learn how economy functions
just 5 missing nuts can render an expensive Ferrari useless
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
fanficgirl:

That's a joke, checkout the percentage of oil that makes up Nigeria GDP
my source says 12 %
yours nko
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2016
link2ok:
Buhari has never and would never be a good leader. Been stiff,hard and tough never makes you a good leader. You open your mouth to talk without tinking what might likely be the repacaution. Bush was tough but never killed Osama he chased for years. Obama very soft but killed Osama.

The issue of 9ja delta is gradually deteroriating. Never you start a fire cos it might be difficult to put it off.

We had several options in the last general election. We opted for sum 1 who cannot present common waec certificate.

Jega the evil you left for Nigerians would hunt you and your family till the end of time
so Jonathan was d better candidate? Someone who threw humongous amount of money to looters, are you aware of all the malfeasance that occurred right under his nose? If the president of a country can tell the public that " stealing is not corruption ". Then it says it all. Just like Jonathan we voted for his personality Buh he was such a weakling and lacked the charisma. Yes! The present govt hasn't done too well, but if we all divorce tribalism and prejudice. Mr president's body language and actions speaks anti-corruption . The Niger-Delta niggaz ain't helping matters. Now it's clear that different groups are fighting for their pockets and not the entirety of the ND people. Buh let's see the end of Mr president's first term though I am optimistic things would get better soon.

Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by hub: 6:10am On Aug 14, 2016
VERDA:

Oga what are you saying...how much does rice,beans,corn or other food products add to the federation acct from which salaries,other recurrent and capital expenditures are shared,stop being ignorant,you claim oil is not important yet a drop in price and sabotage by militants is causing the country so much hardship.We all want our agricultural sector to boom and the country to cut back on it overdependence on oil,we must however stop decieving ourselves and others that oil at the moment is not important.
What you fail to understand is government does not cultivate those agricultural products you listed, they are done by hardworking individuals. Mind you no individual produces crude oil, what I was expecting those agitators or avengers to do is to demand for royalty on land usage and if they can, invest and go into crude production like the exploration companies.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by VERDA: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2016
hub:

What you fail to understand is government does not cultivate those agricultural products you listed, they are done by hardworking individuals. Mind you no individual produces crude oil, what I was expecting those agitators or avengers to do is to demand for royalty on land usage and if they can, invest and go into crude production like the exploration companies.

Bro,individuals own some of the exploration companies that drill it nd all,the issue is not about demanding royalties,its about resource control,how can an individual or local demand royalty on a resource that even states in which this crude is found have no real say or power over apart from the extra allocation they get via derivation in the name of oil being on the exclusive list,one step at a time.I also do not support the avengers method of destroying national assets but sadly our government has shown over the years it does not pay attention to peacefull agitations.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by nortcentrallord(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
mikolo80:
go and check properly
It's only politicians that enjoy oil money
The north actually feed you.
If they leave you with the oyel
Oyinbo will just collect it

Hahahahahahaha, your ways of thinking is stale. Funny though but were U dug out of the earth recently?
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by nortcentrallord(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2016
mikolo80:
go and check properly
It's only politicians that enjoy oil money
The north actually feed you.
If they leave you with the oyel
Oyinbo will just collect it

Hahahahahahaha, your ways of thinking is stale. Funny though but were U dug out of the earth recently? No hard feelings though.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Coldfeets: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2016
helovesme:
Some of the dolts commenting have no idea what "force majeure" means or its impact on oil production.

Exactly!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Ofodirinwa: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2016
Force majeure (/ˌfɔːrs/ fors, /ˌfɔərs mɑːˈʒɜːr/ mah-zhur, or /məˈʒɜːr/ mə-zhur; French pronunciation: ​[fɔʁs maʒœʁ]) – or vis major (Latin) – meaning "superior force", also known as cas fortuit (French) or casus fortuitus (Latin) "chance occurrence, unavoidable accident",[1] is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term act of God
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by Sctests: 10:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Next time if nigerians really want to enjoy peace and progress, they will ban reknown bigots from ever leading the country.

In sane countries, tyrants, war lords and coupists are banned from active participation in politics but in that God-forsaken zoo, it's been from one ex-coupist fulani to another tyrant in a country filled with intellectuals and first class brains (especially in the South) for more than 50 years and you want to make progress?

You all can set the contry on fire, I am in a better country and can afford getting my relatives out of that hell-hole. I've told them all to be armed with their passports. Useless country with first class morons.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 12:05am On Aug 15, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Hahahahahahaha, your ways of thinking is stale. Funny though but were U dug out of the earth recently? No hard feelings though.
no mine is fresh
it is you that is thinking the way our people have been thinking for 56 years
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by fanficgirl(f): 8:44am On Aug 15, 2016
mikolo80:
my source says 12 %
yours nko

Mine says 80 what do you mean 12? There is a a reason why Nigerians are known as an oil dependent economy, agriculture isn't alot at all.
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
fanficgirl:

Mine says 80 what do you mean 12? There is a a reason why Nigerians are known as an oil dependent economy, agriculture isn't alot at all.
copy link
I'm very sure it didn't
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by fanficgirl(f): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
mikolo80:
copy link
I'm very sure it didn't
Sorry I meant in relation to exports
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 1:55am On Aug 16, 2016
fanficgirl:

Sorry I meant in relation to exports
o tin je Wo bo
But you try as you correct yourself
Others go de wallow in their ignorance.
But since we don't ''survive '' on export proceeds
We therefore don't survive on oyel
It just gets a lot of hype due to making overnight billionaires is why it's accorded more importance that it possesses
Agric actually (thankfully) is what sustains a large part of our economy despite the way we have relegated it with the attendant decline of our most important sector
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by fanficgirl(f): 2:35am On Aug 16, 2016
mikolo80:
o tin je Wo bo
But you try as you correct yourself
Others go de wallow in their ignorance.
But since we don't ''survive '' on export proceeds
We therefore don't survive on oyel
It just gets a lot of hype due to making overnight billionaires is why it's accorded more importance that it possesses
Agric actually (thankfully) is what sustains a large part of our economy despite the way we have relegated it with the attendant decline of our most important sector
We should be exporting food/agriculture since 12 percent still no be small
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by mikolo80: 6:55am On Aug 16, 2016
fanficgirl:

We should be exporting food/agriculture since 12 percent still no be small
we can barely feed ourselves
All I'm saying is without oil we will survive.
And luckily our agric is still holding up even though no where near our true maximum potential
Re: Shell Nigeria Declares A Force Majeure For Bonny Light Crude Oil Lifting by fanficgirl(f): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2016
mikolo80:
we can barely feed ourselves
All I'm saying is without oil we will survive.
And luckily our agric is still holding up even though no where near our true maximum potential
Yeah we need to increase agricultural potential :/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Abuja / Akeredolu Builds New office Complex for the state Internal Revenue Service(PICS) / Insecurity: Gumi Meets Obasanjo In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.