Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos (39138 Views)

4 Uniabuja Students Killed In Auto Crash (photo) / IMSU Mourns Students Who Were Killed On Kaduna-Jos Road By Gunmen. Photos / SUG Election At Federal Polytechnic Offa Turns Bloody, Many Students Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by watchindelta(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2016
nawaho country on fire but some ppl dey form as if everything dey ok. ok oh make we all dey look oh..

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by safarigirl(f): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
tinktanker:
guy there is freedom of movement n association, so the can move around for wat ever cos. Whether academic or religious it's no once business, y kill them. Have ever travel to visit a guy in another state? If u died then will u say ur travelling was a bad thing?
first off, I'm a girl

Secondly, no, i have never travelled to meet any guy, so, i don't know what outcomes people who engage in such have

It's a road trip, in Nigeria, you're open to whatever hazards. How necessary was this trip? Was it worth the hazards? No, I don't think so. Visiting family, going for a job interview, i could relate to that...but this was not necessary. It's even optional to go

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Xbox222: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
They were sent to school for knowledge acquisition and not to be attending religious conferences. Is high time we major on our priorities instead of heaping biased blames on our government.
Even the so called religious activities has no positive effect on their moral lives, so why the waste?
My co- corper, a neighbor of mine who is a Redeemed member hardly miss religious activities in her church, but every night her corper boy friend never misses to stir her honey pot. We are simply deceiving ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by cho25bc(f): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
RIP 2 dem.but why has Imo State been in d news 4 d wrong reasons diz days? Just yesterday we read abt a clash btwn an Imo community n d hausas.few weeks back,a final year student was killed by suspected cultists. May God help d state o
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Fidelismaria: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
Rip
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by dukeprince50: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
IMO state leading bad news in Nigeria since the beginning of this Month
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by uckennety(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Sorry but I feel no pity for tHem!

WHY did d pick jos for a conference?

Since I was born till this day I v never seen northern students come for anytin in S.S/S.E

Nxt time mk una go again

RubbisH

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Kinsworld42(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
ogtavia:
but which one is christian medical laboratory scientists students conference again...the way students attach unnecessary importance to religion and association is ridiculous...as if the one on campus is not enough...
You are just too right, this is a real bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Kbels(f): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=ogtavia post=48443371]but which one is christian medical laboratory scientists students conference again...the way students attach unnecessary importance to religion and association is ridiculous...as if the one on campus is not enough...[/quote

Your senselessness is more than obvious!
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Angelovic96: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Zico5:
This is sad, Nigeria has become another thing entirely. No where is safe again. I remember how university students look like then when I was in secondary school. But the reverse is the case now. May their soul rest in perfect peace.

and one Mr. Lier Mohammed will come here to discard and disagree with US statement on insecurity in some state. let me clearly buttresses the point here that Kano state is among the States mentioned .
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by cho25bc(f): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Xbox222:
They were sent to school for knowledge acquisition and not to be attending religious conferences. Is high time we major on our priorities instead of heaping biased blames on our government.
Even the so called religious activities has no positive effect on their moral lives, so why the waste?
My co- corper, a neighbor of mine who is a Redeemed member hardly miss religious activities in her church, but every night her corper boy friend never misses to stir her honey pot. We are simply deceiving ourselves.

U are really on point wit dis comment. U just hit d nail on d head. I'm a christian too n I also believe in getting deeply involved with d things of God no matter ur occupation or circumstances,bt I'm not a fanatic.Yet what d so-called fanatics do is appalling, I myself with my lackadaisical attitude as a Christian dare not try diz things, becos I know dat worshipping God is by action not by eye-service.
Ur comment reminds me of one of my former roommates in d university. She doesn't joke wit conferences,crusades n any event dat depicts worshipping God. She can speak in tongue frm morn till dusk n doesn't use make up or jewelries. Recently I heard dat a guy she was courting back den just dumped her n got married 2 some1 else after having sex wit her several times.I was shocked. Youths need 2 understand dat dier level of involvement in religious activities alone will not take dem 2 heaven if dier hearts n acts are filthy. May God protect us. I pray 2 God dat He will give diz students' family d fortitude 2 bear d loss.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
lofty900:
The worst part is that their corpses will be flown back home for burial. How much will it cost to fly these future leaders to the conference? Useless country. Zero security, zero economy. Damn!
This is a religious conference which is not mandatory ....so why blame the government?

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by cutiemoi: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
safarigirl:
have you called him?
his numbers are switched off
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by shuggah(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
ogtavia:
but which one is christian medical laboratory scientists students conference again...the way students attach unnecessary importance to religion and association is ridiculous...as if the one on campus is not enough...
because they went for a Christian event, that's why they should die?? when folks like u travel interstate for parties.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by NairaMaster1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
The US alert confirmed! RIP
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Orikinla(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
[size=14pt]How many times have I repeatedly warned Igbos to stay away from the North?
Those who refused wise counsel die like fools.

Don't go to where they don't like or welcome you.[/size]

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by NairaMaster1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
nnaemekanwachuk:

This is a religious conference which is not mandatory ....so why blame the government?
You see your life? But grazing reservation for private cattle owners is government business? Smh
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by shuggah(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
safarigirl:
first off, I'm a girl

Secondly, no, i have never travelled to meet any guy, so, i don't know what outcomes people who engage in such have

It's a road trip, in Nigeria, you're open to whatever hazards. How necessary was this trip? Was it worth the hazards? No, I don't think so. Visiting family, going for a job interview, i could relate to that...but this was not necessary. It's even optional to go

so because they went for an xtain activity then their death is good nd u dnt feel pity. anyday u try to embark on a visit nt related to what u wrote above, u will be met with Such death too.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Orikinla(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
uckennety:
Sorry but I feel no pity for tHem!

WHY did d pick jos for a conference?

Since I was born till this day I v never seen northern students come for anytin in S.S/S.E

Nxt time mk una go again

RubbisH
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by shuggah(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
Xbox222:
calculate the numbers of students that have died within campus this year and those that have died on the road while going for religious activities nd show me which one is much...check newspapers for details..rip to d dead bt if death comes calling, yu cannot stop it.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by shuggah(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
cho25bc:

U are really on point wit dis comment. U just hit d nail on d head. I'm a christian too n I also believe in getting deeply involved with d things of God no matter ur occupation or circumstances,bt I'm not a fanatic.Yet what d so-called fanatics do is appalling, I myself with my lackadaisical attitude as a Christian dare not try diz things, becos I know dat worshipping God is by action not by eye-service.
Ur comment reminds me of one of my former roommates in d university. She doesn't joke wit conferences,crusades n any event dat depicts worshipping God. She can speak in tongue frm morn till dusk n doesn't use make up or jewelries. Recently I heard dat a guy she was courting back den just dumped her n got married 2 some1 else after having sex wit her several times.I was shocked. Youths need 2 understand dat dier level of involvement in religious activities alone will not take dem 2 heaven if dier hearts n acts are filthy. May God protect us. I pray 2 God dat He will give diz students' family d fortitude 2 bear d loss.
so how does all this ur long grammer relate to the fact tha people died,,, u re nt a xtain because there is nothing wrong wt their mission.. Haba nah if everyone stays home for fear of accident would we have missionaries, if youths don't go then who will go, I hope u have a rethink abt ur life as a xtian.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Xbox222: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
cho25bc:

Thank you so much for the positive contribution.
Despite the proliferated rate of religious events in our society, yet moral decadence is still very rampant.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Emyogalanya: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Where is our gov our gov. My people my people are being killed ur people ue people . Last in imo twas mother and child now this.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by kelvinkosi(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
Imsu and bad news are like..... kiss undecided

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by safarigirl(f): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
shuggah:

so because they went for an xtain activity then their death is good nd u dnt feel pity. anyday u try to embark on a visit nt related to what u wrote above, u will be met with Such death too.
it means their death was unnecessary, a tragedy that could have been averted, it's not my fault your brain only gives limited translations.

In my 22 years, i've only ever travelled to go visit relatives or for school. I don't travel unnecessarily so hold your impotent curses for your loved ones if you lack some sense of maturity.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by ichommy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
greatness22:
Must everything be related to cultism for you? Behave matured pls.

I tot u go to school? Can't you see Question mark?

Haba.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Xbox222: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
shuggah:

so how does all this ur long grammer relate to the fact tha people died,,, u re nt a xtain because there is nothing wrong wt their mission.. Haba nah if everyone stays home for fear of accident would we have missionaries, if youths don't go then who will go, I hope u have a rethink abt ur life as a xtian.
Must you travel a thousand kilometer before you can win a soul?
There are souls around you dying, and you prefer an israeli journey to accomplish the same mission possible within your own perimeters how logical is that? . If you want to be an evangelist, why not start from your doorsteps? Unless your life at home is a total discrepancy from your religious claims; in such scenario most christians prefer traveling to far places where they are not known before they preach.
The song writer says:
IF YOU WILL BRING THE ONE NEXT TO YOU,
AND I BRING THE ONE NEXT TO ME,
IN NO TIME AT ALL WE WILL HAVE THEM ALL,
SO WIN THEM, WIN THEM, ONE BY ONE.

Is not by traveling!!!!

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by ichommy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Sugarhugs:

No brain.
You re D one that lack brain here.....
I tot u go to school?
Can't you see Question mark?
I asked you?
Haba.
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by AnneMomoh: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lionskiba1:
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE SUG DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION, IMSU

IMSU MED LAB STUDENTS ATTACKED ON THEIR WAY TO JOS, TWO SHOT DEAD

The entire Faculty of Health Sciences of Imo State University owerri has been thrown into mourning following the death of two of its medical laboratory science students while on their way to a national conference in Jos.
The students who were travelling from Owerri to Jos to attend the the National conference of National Fellowship Of Christian Medical Laboratory Science Students were attacked around the border between Kaduna and Jos.

Though it is not yet clear if they were attacked by Herdsmen, Boko Haram or robbers as at this moment, two of the students were shot dead at the spot while many are seriously injured and battling for life.
The students who are dead are( Name disclosed) both in 400 and 200 level respectively, while another student (Name disclosed) is said to be seriously injured.

We bring you more details when we investigate more.
May their souls rest in peace as we pray for those injured to make a miraculous recovery

SUG director of Information, Reporting..
ZANDERS....

http://screengist.com/2016/08/12/two-imsu-medlab-students-die-on-their-way-to-national-conference-after-their-bus-was-attacked-in-jos/

" Name Disclosed" ?

1 Like

Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Xbox222: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
shuggah:

calculate the numbers of students that have died within campus this year and those that have died on the road while going for religious activities nd show me which one is much...check newspapers for details..rip to d dead bt if death comes calling, yu cannot stop it.
Is not all about taking statistics, but rather pin pointing and evaluating your priorities as it relates to your scale of preference before making a tactical decision. Life is wisdom
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by Spells(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
Their struggle has ended... RIP...
Re: IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos by shuggah(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Xbox222:

Is not all about taking statistics, but rather pin pointing and evaluating your priorities as it relates to your scale of preference before making a tactical decision. Life is wisdom
lemme let u knw one thing if u re meant to die. if u like hide under the rug u'll still die.. so enuff of ur trash talking biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Philippines School Principal Shot Teacher & Husband Dead Before Killing Himself / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. / Nigerian Man Graduates From A US University With 2 Degrees In 4 Years. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.