Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671815 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:31am On Oct 15, 2016
yemiseun2020:
@Lagosismyhome.... Thanks so much and God bless you. You mentioned of Professor or Funding GA. Please I need clarification. How can we contact Professor is it that the School will attach the student to a Professor or what?

Read from part 1 and u will certainly find that answer as others have shared how they went about it or check google . ....... no hand holding , all lot of the research you have to find your way but majority of those processes have been posted here before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:43am On Oct 15, 2016
gentledoj:
Please oooo, on my I-20..... They wrote earliest admission date December 10, 2016; classes start January 9 and international orientation January 5, 2016.

When can I travel?

Thanks

You can enter America anytime from December 10th ........

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 3:06am On Oct 15, 2016
gentledoj:
Please oooo, on my I-20..... They wrote earliest admission date December 10, 2016; classes start January 9 and international orientation January 5, 2016.
When can I travel?
Thanks
sorry for misunderstanding your question, you can enter from December 10,just count 30days to your class start date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 3:35am On Oct 15, 2016
Bethlehem08:
The struggle is real out here. Good luck to those having upcoming interviews. And to those waiting for i20s. It will come in Jesus name. Don't relent. Keep trying and involve GOD.

will shoot u a message on whatsapp oga boss.....got stuffs going and had to be away for some time....we got talk!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 3:41am On Oct 15, 2016
abbeymaniak:
Pls I need study packs for GRE and Toefl, also any idea abt when the exams will b taken? Tanks in anticipation

visit ets.org for both toefl and gre.... you learn better this way, at least you get to know exam dates and possibly learn new things that will give u an extra push in the entire process.goodluck sire!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by themmydhayhor(m): 6:03am On Oct 15, 2016
femi321:
themmydhayhor, I dont really think there is anyone here that can be spoon feeding you guys (This is not an insult) because most people are very busy with assignments, research, Assistanship duty etc. I am like putting someone special to me through the process and its practically like i am the one doing all the whole process and i still have TA duties, loads of assignments, research paper to read. its tiring but it will be worth it at the end trust me , so my brother the best anyone can do is to just give you a general overview and you get to work, if you have any question you can come here to ask. So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a) www.google.com b)www.gradschools.com c)www.msinus.com d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org read this website for an idea about the admision process http://graddecision.org/. 3) check up the website of the schools to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl, its good to do all this exam to at least have a chance at funding. 4) register for standardize exam and take it 5) Send your application and back it up with prayers. This is just a summary of the initial process.I wont deceive you, the process is overwhelming but take step by step. DONT GIVE YOUR LIFE/DESTINY TO AN AGENT PLEASE.

thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 15, 2016
warriboy21:

thks guz..i hear ....d stuff was tempting sha.... grin..especially wen u hear say ur cut na 40% for 10k dolls shocked

"Better safe than sorry". grin And do not allow the euphoria of making money becloud your sense of reasoning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by hp4happy(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2016
(SOS)
Advice needed pls:
My acceptance letter was email to me. And also with dis msg: “We are not accepting apps yet for early fall 2017. However, you can just defer your admission (wait until early December) to that session. All you need to do is send a note with your name like you did and state you wish to defer to early fall2017”
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolutweety(m): 7:31am On Oct 15, 2016
gentledoj:

When can I travel?

Thanks

What school?
My classes start January 9 too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2016
hp4happy:
(SOS)
Advice needed pls:
My acceptance letter was email to me. And also with dis msg: “We are not accepting apps yet for early fall 2017. However, you can just defer your admission (wait until early December) to that session. All you need to do is send a note with your name like you did and state you wish to defer to early fall2017”
if I may ask which session do you apply for and which session was written in your admission letter?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by hp4happy(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2016
brightify:
if I may ask which session do you apply for and which session was written in your admission letter?

I applied for spring 2017..... spring 2016/2017, is on d acceptance letter

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2016
tolutweety:

What school?

NCCU..... North Carolina
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olads56(m): 9:19am On Oct 15, 2016
Songitto:

B Y Mafit is the only institution i knew that register TOEFL @45k cos of their 5years aniversary promo, i think its now late to register with them now, cos today is the deadline but they still have just 5hrs left,i knew you cant go to Gtbank to pay now, if your reading my message now, try and check their site call any of the 4 number on their site if they can pick your call ontime ask them if you can transfer the money via Gtbank mobile transfer or token, if you can still meet up. I paid mine yesterday via Gtbank deposit slip then i call them to notify and they already got my transaction, then i have been given center , i got direct emails from ETs, if they said you can still meet up, you will see the account number that you will pay in via their website after payment try and fill in the online form for toefl in their website, they use that to get your information to proper register you on ets, or you can go to their office to do all that and collect your free kaplan texbook, and your entitle for free lecture as part of the promo if your chanced, i will see them to collect mine on monday .. kind of busy since wednesday.
Pls if I may ask, what center re' you given? I want to be sure its legit..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
no DHL never pick up the call ooo

lolz.. Buddy,na hold at location I wan do o..I don't want them to bring it to my area. You think say the VO go ask why I no go school since 2012 wet I graduate? what can I say.. lagosismyhome,walspring...big men in the house.. everyone assist. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olads56(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2016
AJANIEmmanuel78:

for undergraduate? and is it a full scholarship also what the requirements?

Yes its full undergraduate scholarship/funding... Check out the school, make inquiries and will sure get answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2016
Airich01:

lolz.. Buddy,na hold at location I wan do o..I don't want them to bring it to my area. You think say the VO go ask why I no go school since 2012 wet I graduate? what can I say.. lagosismyhome,walspring...big men in the house.. everyone assist. God bless.

U know your situation best so think and come up with the real reason ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2016
LagosismyHome:

U know your situation best so think and come up with the real reason ..
Brother, what do you think about MSUM? that's t only school I applied to. the other ones said I need evaluation. on top WAEC? LOL... my result is good though. So ,I choose only MSUM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2016
Guys, abeg I send mail to US embassy yesterday. In how many days should I expect a reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2016
Dview:

How to go about the whole process..am targeting next year fall...anyone to help out!!
OK. What's your profile? UG course? GPA? GRE score? TOEFL? Research interests etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2016
olads56:

Pls if I may ask, what center re' you given? I want to be sure its legit..

We need to try something new with the hope of getting it successful or fail... thats the way of life, i paid the money into their account without even knowing their office... But i believe it will work out, have been given this center with the registration number : Test Center Name: El­ectronic Test Company­ - Lagos
Test Center Address­
JKK House,­
229 IKORODU ROAD ­
ILUPEJU LAGOS­
LAGOS­
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolutweety(m): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2016
gentledoj:

NCCU..... North Carolina

Oh ok.
Mine is a different school .

UL ... Lafayette.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2016
tolutweety:

What school?

Hundreds of schools may have the same resumption date for a particular semester..Spring especially

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Airich01:

Brother, what do you think about MSUM? that's t only school I applied to. the other ones said I need evaluation. on top WAEC? LOL... my result is good though. So ,I choose only MSUM.

Firstly i am female. ....secondly i wont know detila of every school so google will be your best to check. Also how am i suppose to know MSUM if you dont state what d full school name is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 11:56am On Oct 15, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Read from part 1 and u will certainly find that answer as others have shared how they went about it or check google . ....... no hand holding , all lot of the research you have to find your way but majority of those processes have been posted here before

smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
Thank you
gentledoj:

I went tru my D-160 form again and again. Someone to contact at port of entry I put my uncle instead of d school official. Fill d form, print everything out and go tru it b4 u submit and go for interview, pray and fast.... Another person will interview you..... Talk from ur mind, oludare01 put me tru with pre-interview

Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
Oh my goodness.. I'm sorry. Hope you're not angry? The username tho. It's Minnesota State University, Moorhead. I'm a guy though. I thought females rarely use such forums. The state Minnesota seem to be cold and also,they don't really rank very very high. So I plan on saying I choose the school because of its small campus as I don't like huge crowds of people which is true ,also that I like their small campus.. that bad?
Sorry for calling you a guy.. My apologies.
LagosismyHome:

Firstly i am female. ....secondly i wont know detila of every school so google will be your best to check. Also how am i suppose to know MSUM if you dont state what d full school name is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
Airich01:
Oh my goodness.. I'm sorry. Hope you're not angry? The username tho. It's Minnesota State University, Moorhead. I'm a guy though. I thought females rarely use such forums . The state Minnesota seem to be cold and also,they don't really rank very very high. So I plan on saying I choose the school because of its small campus as I don't like huge crowds of people which is true ,also that I like their small campus.. that bad?
Sorry for calling you a guy.. My apologies.

The first bold why will u stereotype like that . The forum is used by who so ever has a need for it regardless of the sex. ... is it only male applying for student visa .

Secondly While the bold might be true that is beer palour gist. Please think of a more intelligent sounding answer and relate it to your course, research or something important

Thridly no i was very far from been angry....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ibahimxbbs: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
pls is it a must for someone that want to travel to USA to write IELTS exam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
ibahimxbbs:
pls is it a must for someone that want to travel to USA to write IELTS exam.
angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
You guys are clogging this thread with unnecessary questions.
Take the pain and go read previous parts.
If you're this lazy, I wonder if you'd survive schooling here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
OluDare01:
Asin, its well. BTW how can i download research papers? i remember you made mention of one method to request or so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by rogerdavid: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
OluDare01:

OluDare01, how is it going, bro? otojo meta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.