Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673980 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2016
safex101:
VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING... It was GOD really, only 3 questions asked, interview did not last up to about 1min. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and responded to my questions,thanks to Texrem for SEVIS payment, thanks to lagosismyhome, adup, walspring, mayflowa, deetus, slimmy2005. Special thanks to GOD almighty.
Great! Clap for yourself!!
I am glad you got it. You did your homework properly. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2016
larmeedeh:

female.... thanks. congrats too

Yes I saw you, you where the first to be approved I was still doing my finger scanning then, you were interviewed by a female vo, your conversation caught my attention when you were explaining your position in the family. I smiled when I saw you were approved, it gave me hope after the previous denials.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 11:27am On Nov 14, 2016
safex101:

Yes I saw you, you where the first to be approved I was still doing my finger scanning then, you were interviewed by a female vo, your conversation caught my attention when you were explaining your position in the family. I smiled when I saw you were approved, it gave me hope after the previous denials.
Lool thank God for that... after shaking lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Awesu122: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2016
Good afternoon
I would be going for Masters come March 2017 , I have my admission letter and i20 with me already, here are my questions
I would be going for my interview Mid December , is it. It too early to go?
I have a score of 323 in my Gre and 70 percent in EPAT English profirincy and aptitude test , is it compulsory I go to embassy with print out of those scores ?
Lastly as funny as it may sounds if VO ask how would this make me achieve my goal in life , how do I answer? (I am going for M.b.a)
I have been to 2 countries in the past as well , what are my chances of securing the visa ? Not a do or die affairs anyway
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2016
Awesu122:
Good afternoon
I would be going for Masters come March 2017 , I have my admission letter and i20 with me already, here are my questions
I have a score of 323 in my Gre and 70 percent in EPAT English profirincy and aptitude test , is it compulsory I go to embassy with print out of those scores ?
Lastly as funny as it may sounds if VO ask how would this make me achieve my goal in life , how do I answer? (I am going for M.b.a)
I have been to 2 countries in the past as well , what are my chances of securing the visa ? Not a do or die affairs anyway
Thanks

F-1 student visas can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. However, you will not be allowed to enter the United States in F-1 status earlier than 30 days before your start date

so do the maths and count 120 days backwards from your i20 start date ... any date within the 120 days you can go for interview . Regarding answers you best know what your career goals are , nobody can answer that for u . You have numerous transcript here to use as a guide and build from it ..........regarding what your chances are , nobody can predict that as its left for the VO . you just prepare well and leave the rest for God or who u believe in

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2016
Awesu122:
Good afternoon
Thanks

It is not too early to go during December, getting the visa don't really mean you can travel immediately, you still have to wait for the 30days rule before your program start date.

Your GRE is impressive, it is not compulsory you go with the print out but it is advisable you go with them, just incase the VO asked for them.

How will the MBA help you achieve your goal? You are in the best position to know that, of all the "1001" programs offered across universities in US, you should MBA, you should know why, think deep.

Nobody can give chances of visa, not even a prior travel history, 50/50 chance.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Awesu122:
Good afternoon
Thanks
Congrats on your admission. There's a reason why schools don't wait too long before they issue the I-20. So, it isn't too early to book your appointment and get your visa next month. Take all documents you think you'll need. Those documents ain't load. Besides, it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

If VO asks you how the MBA will help you achieve your goal in life, between you and me, it isn't no funny question at all. So,don't take it lightly. The VO wants to hear about you desire to put the MBA to good use back in Nigeria, your home country. It therefore means that your answer should be tied to you NOT staying back in the US, but coming back to put your acquired expertise and skills to improve the economy as an entrepreneur, working in government, multinational or startup.

And don't forget the race is not to the swift.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KPhantom(m): 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
larmeedeh:
I thank God for today , thank God for this forum .
visa approved this morning around 7something 3rd to b interviewed 1st to b approved ..
transcript kinda brief n short .
vo - gm
me- gm ma
vo - u graduated 2010
me - yes ma
vo - what av u been doing ?
me - explained to her
vo - what does your dad do ?
me - he's an ...... into....
vo - your mum ?
me - she is into....
vo - how many siblings do u av ?
me - 3 instead of 4 nervousness no let me
vo- what r dey doing ?
me - two in uni 2 in secondary school
vo - how many schools did u apply too?
me - 3 named them
vo- how many accepted u ?
me - 3 instead of 2 smiles*
vo - y southern Arkansas uni ?
me - among d schools I applied to TWAs d only one that cud offer me my area of interest which is cyber security while other schools offered me just computer science *shaking o*
vo - OK
bring d white paper n I said thank u ma.
jumping *
thanks to my bosses on d threads walspring thanks too n mayflowa.
nb its good to b informed o
n b very prayerful . God works for this visa thing o believe it or not
that's how two ladies one of d age 35+ going for ESL in cc o , dey were denied tho.
information is key
texrem baba n brightify his bro u guys r so so sweet ... love u guys.
wow see lamide baby oo... Congrats.. This is gud news..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
Congrats!

Please share your transcript

safex101:
VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING... It was GOD really, only 3 questions asked, interview did not last up to about 1min. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and responded to my questions,thanks to Texrem for SEVIS payment, thanks to lagosismyhome, adup, walspring, mayflowa, deetus, slimmy2005. Special thanks to GOD almighty.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
my transcript.. The interview was very fast, special thanks to GOD

VO: Good morning, how are you doing today, Can I have your passport and I20 please(with a big smile on his face)
ME: Good morning I am fine( I gave him the passport and all other doc,including ds160, sevis, gtb receipt. He selected the i20 and the passport out and returned the others.)
VO : Tell me about the information technology program at NIU
ME: Actually the program name is MIS not IT ( but I.T was written on the i20 form)
VO : He looked at the I20 , Okay just tell me about the MIS program at NIU
ME: I will be taking courses like ( I listed some of the courses), I will be completing the program in approximately 24 months, (He cuts in)
VO: What is your undergraduate course
Me: Business Administration
VO : Why the switch
ME : It is really not a switch, Business administration covers, MIS, HRM, marketing and few others and businesses in Nigeria is moving from manual systems to automated systems of operation, computerized methodology is being integrated in business procedures even in decision making (I stopped immediately I saw him take my pp and kept it inside the small basket and brought out the white paper )

I am not sure if he said your visa has been approved or all that formalities, only what I heard was when he gave me back my i20 and said you will be needing this and circled the white collection paper. I said thank you sir.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
Walspring:
Happy birthday texrem the man of the moment..

Wishing you all the best in life, Long life and prosperity.

Cheers! Cheers!! Cheers!!!

Thanks walspring....I appreciate..

Congrats to those who got their visa ...come success stories coming.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kelvyn29(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
BTBreal:
Hi house,
VISA APPROVED: I want to use the opportunity to thank the Nairaland USA visa travel family for their contributions on this site. I benefited immensely from your constructive arguments and impactful contribution. I have been a silent member of travel section 2013. I had my US F-1 visa interview today 7:30am in Abuja. Here is my transcript …
V.O: You are going to St. Cloud State Uni. How did get to know about this school?
Me: I got to know about SCSU from a friend who is an Alumni of SCSU and has returned to Nigeria. Also, out of all the schools I visited in the US during my vacation, SCSU stood out because of its great potentials and opportunity for research to equip students with requisite skills for career growth.
V.O.: Did you applied to other schools?
Me: Yes…..UNT, NC A&T Uni, MUN Canada & McGill Uni Canada
V.O Did you take GRE?
Me: Yes
V.O. How you going fund your education?
Me: My uncle will be sponsoring me.
V.O. What does he do?
Me: He is a real estate consultant and he also into oil & gas. He owns three gas stations in Nigeria.
Me: Your visa is approved. Here is your pick up letter and Form I-20…etc (I did not get hear the remaining words)

My great regards & thanks to Our Lord Jesus Christ and honour to Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (The Blessed Virgin Mary). I prayed for a miracle and God answered without hesitation. Please, don’t forget to pray and consistently be a state grace. I am a living witness. Finding God was the most practical thing I have ever done. My regards goes to every member of the house most especially those I had contact with via mail. Bigfrancis & imperiouxx, Amefrica, etc…Thanks. Pls, pardon my errors

Congrats bro,
I have applied to SCSU for a Masters in Information Assurance. I also hold a B1/B2 visa. Please pm me your number. I have a few questions to ask you concerning the entire application, admission and visa process.
Thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
safex101:
my transcript.. The interview was very fast, special thanks to GOD

VO: Good morning, how are you doing today, Can I have your passport and I20 please(with a big smile on his face)
ME: Good morning I am fine( I gave him the passport and all other doc,including ds160, sevis, gtb receipt. He selected the i20 and the passport out and returned the others.)
VO : Tell me about the information technology program at NIU
ME: Actually the program name is MIS not IT ( but I.T was written on the i20 form)
VO : He looked at the I20 , Okay just tell me about the MIS program at NIU
ME: I will be taking courses like ( I listed some of the courses), I will be completing the program in approximately 24 months, (He cuts in)
VO: What is your undergraduate course
Me: Business Administration
VO : Why the switch
ME : It is really not a switch, Business administration covers, MIS, HRM, marketing and few others and businesses in Nigeria is moving from manual systems to automated systems of operation, computerized methodology is being integrated in business procedures even in decision making (I stopped immediately I saw him take my pp and kept it inside the small basket and brought out the white paper )

I am not sure if he said your visa has been approved or all that formalities, only what I heard was when he gave me back my i20 and said you will be needing this and circled the white collection paper. I said thank you sir.

I told you you will get it...congrats...u did ur homework already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dmines22: 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
larmeedeh:
visa approved this morning around 7something 3rd to b interviewed 1st to b approved ..
vo - gm
me- gm ma
vo - u graduated 2010
me - yes ma
me - explained to her
vo - your mum ?
me - she is into....
vo- what r dey doing ?
me - 3 named them
me - among d schools I applied to TWAs d only one that cud offer me my area of interest which is cyber security while other schools offered me just computer science *shaking o*
vo - OK
jumping *
that's how two ladies one of d age 35+ going for ESL in cc o , dey were denied tho.
information is key

Congrats dear..... Mine was approved by the woman immediately after you.... Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Please house, if i have an existing B1 visa before i get my F1 visa for school, will my B1 still remain valid if start my Msc wt my F1?

Am asking, because my colleague said i shud have my B1 visa even if i want to go to school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
OGreene:
Please house, if i have an existing B1 visa before i get my F1 visa for school, will my B1 still remain valid if start my Msc wt my F1?

Am asking, because my colleague said i shud have my B1 visa even if i want to go to school

my B1 still remain valid if start my Msc wt my F1...........Your I-94 can be only one status (You can have both visa at the same time but can have only one status so F1 will override the B1/B2. ) ........ . Once your F1 kicks in then your b1b2 becomes irrelevant as you would now be on f1 status . ............ Also remember b1b2 does not allow you to study and cannot stay more than 6 months so it really of no use to you once you are a f1 student who has resumed studies . ..............if God forbids for any reasons the f1 was denied , it most likely the B1B2 remains valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dmines22: 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
To GOD alone be all the glory.... Greater things HE has done. GOD came through for me today. 6:30am appointment at Lagos Consulate. The second person to be approved.

V. O = Good morning

Me = Good morning ma

V. O = When did you graduate from University

Me = I graduated January 2013 from OAU

V. O = what have you been doing since then

Me = I went for the compulsory one year NYSC and started a management trainee program with xxxxx which I completed last month and I have been confirmed as staff. But I was granted a study leave.

V. O = How do you hear about the school ? So you have bsc in chemical engineering and going for MSc in Same field.... I said yes quickly

Me = It was recommended to me by a senior colleague I worked with during the EGINA oil field project and I went further to make extensive research on the Internet and I found a research which tallies with my work experience and career goals.

V. O = what do your mum and dad do for living?

Me = My mom is a successful business woman and one of the major distributors of dangote cements in Ekiti State.

V. O = cuts in your Daddy ?

Me = He was an Engineer but he is late now. So my mom manages the properties he left behind.

V. O = what's your position in your family
Are u the last born ?
ME = Yes I am..... I have two successful happily married elder sisters. One an accountant and the other a nurse.

V. O = where would you be staying in Usa ?

Me = I will be staying at the school hostels... The school has 3 hostels namely........ But I prefer Peterson hostel and the process is on going

V. O = She just kept my passport inside the approval box and gave me a white paper..... Meanwhile she has dropped my passport before the last question....

ME = GOD bless you ma....

I wrote no exams..(though it was waived for me) . No document was asked.... I applied to the school after second Canada refusal in August. GOD came through for me and compensated me for the previous Canada ish. My school is South Dakota school of mines and technology.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by schoolhr: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,
My visa was approved but my I-20 was collected along with my passport. Should I be worried?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BTBreal: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
kelvyn29:

Congrats bro,
I have applied to SCSU for a Masters in Information Assurance. I also hold a B1/B2 visa. Please pm me your number. I have a few questions to ask you concerning the entire application, admission and visa process.
Thanks man.
Thanks, I have also replied your PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
safex101:
Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
elbeee:

Thank U so much. I do appreciate

Revised , saw this online which is slightly similar to yours
it states that Yes, in your case you can enter the U.S. on your B1/B2 before the 30days , then go to a DHS local office to adjust status to F1 when its within 30 days ........ If you simply tell the DHS officer at the port of entry your purposes of travel and your intent to change status to enroll in school, you should have no problem...... This means you dont have to stamp in and out and can simply go to local DHS office to adjust your status . That is accourding to the consular officer response

Source : http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/answers-from-consular-officer-100528.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kelvyn29(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
BTBreal:

Thanks, I have also replied your PM.

Hello bro,
Didnt get your pm. please send me an email: kel.awagu@live.com

I appreciate bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
Awesu122:
Good afternoon
Thanks

What was your UG in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Revised , saw this online which is slightly similar to yours
it states that Yes, in your case you can enter the U.S. on your B1/B2 before the 30days , then go to a DHS local office to adjust status to F1 when its within 30 days ........ If you simply tell the DHS officer at the port of entry your purposes of travel and your intent to change status to enroll in school, you should have no problem...... This means you dont have to stamp in and out and can simply go to local DHS office to adjust your status . That is accourding to the consular officer response

Source : http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/answers-from-consular-officer-100528.html

It's not always simple. It could take longer than expected...esp with the short time he/she has to start schooling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
larmeedeh:
vo - gm
me- gm ma
vo - u graduated 2010
me - yes ma
me - explained to her
vo - your mum ?
me - she is into....
vo- what r dey doing ?
me - 3 named them
vo - OK
jumping *
information is key
congratulations,I'm happy for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bebenahda: 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hey all,

I have applied for F1 visa a couple of months ago but was denied it. At the time of application, I was a senior-year bachelor student, now I'm a graduate.

My visa application was on a 10-week English programme.

The interview went as follows:

VO: hello, have a seat please
Me: hello

VO: why do you want to study English in X state?
Me: why do I want to study English in X state ?
VO: yes

Me: well, my friend last year has joined the same programme and his English has improved by a great deal, specially his writing skills

VO: So, you have your family in the US?
Me: Yes, my parents and one sibling. For my sibling has X disease and is there for medical treatment.

VO: How long have your family been there?
Me: almost 4 months

VO: what is their visa?
Me: Medical treatment, visitor

VO: Are you a current student?
Me: yes, a senior-year student.

VO: what is the duration of the English programme?
Me: 10 weeks

VO: ( typing for a while) I cannot approve your visa, you are not eligible.
Me: ok thanks.

I still am not sure about the reason of rejection.
I repeated the first question because I didn't know what the VO meant; why do I want to study English? Or why do I want to study in X state?

Now that I am a graduate, what are my chances of getting an F1 visa based on the same programme, and having my parents and sibling as asylum seekers in the US?

* I'm not intending to stay in the US beyond the period of stay of the programme.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Bebenahda:
Hey all,

I have applied for F1 visa a couple of months ago but was denied it. At the time of application, I was a senior-year bachelor student, now I'm a graduate.

My visa application was on a 10-week English programme.

The interview went as follows:

VO: hello, have a seat please
Me: hello

VO: why do you want to study English in X state?
Me: why do I want to study English in X state ?
VO: yes

Me: well, my friend last year has joined the same programme and his English has improved by a great deal, specially his writing skills

VO: So, you have your family in the US?
Me: Yes, my parents and one sibling. For my sibling has X disease and is there for medical treatment.

VO: How long have your family been there?
Me: almost 4 months

VO: what is their visa?
Me: Medical treatment, visitor

VO: Are you a current student?
Me: yes, a senior-year student.

VO: what is the duration of the English programme?
Me: 10 weeks

VO: ( typing for a while) I cannot approve your visa, you are not eligible.
Me: ok thanks.

I still am not sure about the reason of rejection.
I repeated the first question because I didn't know what the VO meant; why do I want to study English? Or why do I want to study in X state?

Now that I am a graduate, what are my chances of getting an F1 visa based on the same programme, and having my parents and sibling as asylum seekers in the US?

* I'm not intending to stay in the US beyond the period of stay of the programme.

I am surprised you put in a visa for this Category.... Nigeria is an English speaking country so why would u need a visa to attend a 10 weeks english course and u currently have a sibling in the US....this would just scream runaway migrants to any VO .

So now u still want to apply for this same category knowing fully well your family are asylum seekers. I dont think thats a very wise decision. U already have the odds against u since ur family is seeking asylum, which means u need to even show more credibility so nothing less than a proper degree course for me should be your target

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Walspring:

Can't he use spoon to make the eba?

Sure u can make use of spoon unless u want to cook for the whole Americans .. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

Agbo nko Also please can some one travel with turning garri, because I heard its hard to get home made turning garri called omorogun in Yoruba..

yes you can travel with turning garri ........just put it in your checked bag and not your hand luggage . in your handluggage you can be seemed as a weapon to hit someone head . in your checked bag , people carry much worse and can even check Knives or kitchen utensils .........as for agbo i not sure what that is , but it keep coming up and people have said they were able to pass through with it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
[quote author=safex101 post=51020838]VISA APPROVED THIS MORNING... It was GOD really, only 3 questions asked, interview did not last up to about 1min. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and responded to my questions,thanks to Texrem for SEVIS payment, thanks to lagosismyhome, adup, walspring, mayflowa, deetus, slimmy2005. Special thanks to GOD almighty. [/quote

Glory be to God in the highest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
dmines22:
To GOD alone be all the glory..... Visa granted this morning at Lagos. Transcript soon !!!!

Thanks for all the good works you guys are doing here. GOD bless you all

New week, great News.... More of this lord

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bebenahda: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I am surprised you put in a visa for this Category.... Nigeria is an English speaking country so why would u need a visa to attend a 10 weeks english course and u currently have a sibling in the US....this would just scream runaway migrants to any VO .

So now u still want to apply for this same category knowing fully well your family are asylum seekers. I dont think thats a very wise decision. U already have the odds against u since ur family is seeking asylum, which means u need to even show more credibility so nothing less than a proper degree course for me should be your target

Thanks for you collaboration. I am not from Nigeria, I rather am from an Arab, developing country.
I believe an appropriate degree like Master's is a good choice as you mentioned. However, any good alternatives to show that I'm not a candidate for migration?

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.