Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672501 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
ridsan4real:
looking for safe schools for fully funded/research assistantship in animal science for phd .
Bsc= 4.16/5.00
Msc=5.4/7.00
thanks!
Lazy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Olademeji78: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Happy Sunday everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Teedawg:
by teedawg I saw your request for a bank statement on my other account I was busy to reply you.I was in your shoes some time ago a bank statement of about 7mill might be hard to get on NL for Now is it that your school needs any bank statement from anyone also it may be possible to make one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Walspring:

small small ooo
I hear you boss. But truth be told, Hin own too much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
electronic:

Lazy

All they want is to be spoofed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
sobastical:

All they want is to be spoofed
No mind them, bad ethics! I had to read and save pages for days just to ask questions from the gurus in the house... Its funny that even foreigners all over the world study this thread get their answers and disappear. But nija peeps don't have a day or two to spare....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
electronic:

No mind them, bad ethics! I had to read and save pages for days just to ask questions from the gurus in the house... Its funny that even foreigners all over the world study this thread get their answers and disappear. But nija peeps don't have a day or two to spare....

And the most annoying part is they keep asking same question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by charliejose: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
teepee4Him:

Do you have a form of rapport with any?

I need a number of info.

I actually don't ..recently, a professor of pharmacology was invited to give a talk at my departmental seminar. So after the seminar,I decided to check on the school and I found out there are lots of Nigerians in the school's faculty. Especially in the school of pharmacy..their contact information is displayed on the school's website.. Perhaps you could check on it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
charliejose:
I actually don't ..recently, a professor of pharmacology was invited to give a talk at my departmental seminar. So after the seminar,I decided to check on the school and I found out there are lots of Nigerians in the school's faculty. Especially in the school of pharmacy..their contact information is displayed on the school's website.. Perhaps you could check on it.

Will do that...... Thanks for your info.

I do appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 1:17am On Nov 21, 2016
Who don renew his/her Nigeria international passport 4 Nigeria b4?

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dontknowmuch(f): 2:19am On Nov 21, 2016
Hello! I have been following this thread for time now and I feel is time to ask my question. Please don't get me wrong because i want to ask my question in all honesty. I just left uni few weeks ago and sincerely my cgpa is nothing to write home about because is very bad as in very bad. These was as a result of my complication from pregnancy to eventual premature baby etc, I failed all my exams because I didn't want to pause my education as of that time. My result is not good to use to apply for MSc into an American uni. Please can I start afresh and use my o level for admission into usa uni. And pls remained me again which schl is better and affordable (I have forgotten what I read in the previous threads) I am 24yrs and my o level was written in 2010. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 2:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:
Hello! I have been following this thread for time now and I feel is time to ask my question. Please don't get me wrong because i want to ask my question in all honesty. I just left uni few weeks ago and sincerely my cgpa is nothing to write home about because is very bad as in very bad. These was as a result of my complication from pregnancy to eventual premature baby etc, I failed all my exams because I didn't want to pause my education as of that time. My result is not good to use to apply for MSc into an American uni. Please can I start afresh and use my o level for admission into usa uni. And pls remained me again which schl is better and affordable (I have forgotten what I read in the previous threads) I am 24yrs and my o level was written in 2010. Thanks

What do you mean by you left univeristy few weeks ago? Dropped out or graduated? You can restart but you need to convince the VO very well why you're just going for a bachelor’s degree since 2010. And if you are going to state your previous poor performance, you would need to convince the vo as regard to why you should be given a second chance to study in a more complex system. The visa is possible but you would need conviction skills and grace. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dontknowmuch(f): 4:53am On Nov 21, 2016
I have graduated. My problem and fear is that complication you mentioned. But can I just use my result, my cgpa is around 2.46?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by xtus(m): 5:06am On Nov 21, 2016
I have a friend currently in the states on a visitor visa and she has an acceptance letter from a college in US. Is it possible for her to change her visitor visa to student visa from inside the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 21, 2016
xtus:
I have a friend currently in the states on a visitor visa and she has an acceptance letter from a college in US. Is it possible for her to change her visitor visa to student visa from inside the US?
It's always a "friend" grin
Meanwhile, it is possible to have it changed but I wouldn't encourage that as the process can be complicated. I'd advice you(your friend grin ) to honour the terms of your B1/B2 visa and come back home to apply to an Student's visa. Don't worry about being rejected, you won't.

cc
Lagosismyhome
Walspring

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by xtus(m): 5:25am On Nov 21, 2016
fredoricko:

It's always a "friend" grin
Meanwhile, it is possible to have it changed but I wouldn't encourage that as the process can be complicated. I'd advice you(your friend grin ) to honour the terms of your B1/B2 visa and come back home to apply to an Student's visa. Don't worry about being rejected, you won't.

cc
Lagosismyhome
Walspring

Thanks for the info..... I myself, I'm base in Canada you can always verify that from my post on the Canada section which means am asking for my friend. Once again thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 6:06am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:
I have graduated. My problem and fear is that complication you mentioned. But can I just use my result, my cgpa is around 2.46?
your cgpa is very llow I don't think any school can accept that, you can use your o level result to apply for bachelor degree,you just have to tell the vo what you've been doing since you left high till date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 6:09am On Nov 21, 2016
xtus:
she as to come to Nigeria to apply for student visa,she also have an high chance of getting it if she could prove to the vo she's a credible student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 6:16am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:
your cgpa is very low,I don't think any school.can accept that,you can use your o level result to apply for a bachelor degree,you have to tell the vo what you've been doing since you left high school and also prove you're a credible student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 6:26am On Nov 21, 2016
xtus:

You should know what's going on around here by now. Adjusting status while she's only in US on a visiting visit would lead to her application being denied and violation of B1/B2 visa. Adjustment of status takes several months, which would make her unable to resume when the semester starts. She needs to apply for a student visa outside US not change of status while in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 6:43am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:

This gpa is low for a master's degree. You cited the reason for your poor performance as pregnancy, but that could only affect 1 year studies. This shouldn't have affected the whole cgpa. Like I said, you would need to work on a way to convince VO as to why the long gap in education or how you're fit to study in US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:

Try and use WES evaluator to determine your score an a 4point scale. Some schools in the middle of no where grin still accept 2.5/4 for admission for MSC like :
http://www.uncp.edu/academics/colleges-schools-departments/colleges-schools/graduate-school/graduate-admissions
Best of luck..... Don't give up yet

But have to work hard on GRE and TOEFL to compensate for you low GPA

Mail schoos too....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

This gpa is low for a master's degree. You cited the reason for your poor performance as pregnancy, but that could only affect 1 year studies. This shouldn't have affected the whole cgpa. Like I said, you would need to work on a way to convince VO as to why the long gap in education or how you're fit to study in US.
Egbon,eku ojometa o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 7:57am On Nov 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Check http://abokifx.com
465 is the current rate to buy in Lagos and 450 if you have dollar to sell going by abokifx

Hi Lagosismyhome, i sent a message to your email, please read.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MsNas(f): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2016
Motoshor:

Good to see MsNas post something...... such an intelligent and wonderful person. How're you doing sister?
I'm fine bro. Long time, hope you're good?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MsNas(f): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:
You can work around it. Depending on the course. Send me a PM, let's talk.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MsNas(f): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2016
happyday:

Here comes THE MsNas! Long time no jam. How you doing, sister?
cheesy lol. Na real "Long Time No Jam". I've been good jare. Too much to do these days, Lord help me. Hope you're good?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nairaspace: 8:41am On Nov 21, 2016
My people.... compliments of the season.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2016
Dontknowmuch:

2.46 out of what 4 or 5 ? ......because a lot of Nigerian schools are out of 5 .. Anyway 2.46 is very low and not to give you false hope and tell you as it is.....it will be very difficult or limiting to see schools that accept this cgpa for masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ojWinston: 9:22am On Nov 21, 2016
lillaowow:
guys, look at this and tell me why i shouldn't be angry.
So annoying
Bro, Futa is currently on strike that's why your application is on hold.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.