Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671927 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BB2016: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
hardeorlah:

hey I stay in denton
Anyone living in Tulsa, Oklahoma please? I need help urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
mariamadenle:
I think this is a best place to get help/answer to my question.
I met an American woman last year June here in naija which she later turned to be nice friend, mentor and co, she left naija around July and we never loss contact we talk almost everyday maybe through phone or email (I still have the record of our conversation)..fast forward..August last year she complained back pain to me which I think it kept her out of work for two months before she was diagnosed with cancer in October....and after then will talk and used to promised she will help to travel to US if get better but I received Email this year 5th of Jan. that she died on 3rd (But before she gave up the ghost) she discussed me with her church (May be Pastor) and the representative of that church was the one that sent me the breaking news about her died and she (church rep) also tell me she want me to attend her funeral service.
They asked me to send my passport bio-data page and other necessary info....
my questions:
please I want to know if US Embassy can grant me a visa based on church invitation to attend funeral service of someone that is not my family
2. Aside from that my account balance only define my level of poverty
3. with all these do you think I have any chances of attend the funeral service
4. Though my Reverend father promise to write a supportive letter to embassy but I still think this not enough

please I need you advice Nairalander

Hmm, the power of networking. Well, I think mourning the death of a 'loved' one doesn't necessarily mean you must be at their grave side. So, go with this mentality to the Embassy. If you appear desperate, you might be denied. If you're granted, fine; if not, she still means a lot to you. So nothing spoil.

I think a big part of the visa app process is what the VO feels and thinks, it might not be the real thing. But the best you can do is to make the VO feel and think you're really going there based on the invite.

You should also go with a confirmation that the lady actually requested the church to invite you + a letter from the church, too. Alongside other standard docs.

That would be a visiting visa though, not F1.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry357: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
mariamadenle:

My advice would be first look at your finances.
Can you afford to loose the visa application fee?
Can you afford the airfare?

Despite the circumstances you will be judged the same as all applicants.
You must convince the visa officer that you will return after your visit. (Also that you can afford the trip.)

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
mariamadenle:
I met an American woman last year June here in naija which she later turned to be nice friend, mentor and co, she left naija around July and we never loss contact we talk almost everyday maybe through phone or email (I still have the record of our conversation)..fast forward..August last year she complained back pain to me which I think it kept her out of work for two months before she was diagnosed with cancer in October....and after then will talk and used to promised she will help to travel to US if get better but I received Email this year 5th of Jan. that she died on 3rd (But before she gave up the ghost) she discussed me with her church (May be Pastor) and the representative of that church was the one that sent me the breaking news about her died and she (church rep) also tell me she want me to attend her funeral service.
my questions:
please I want to know if US Embassy can grant me a visa based on church invitation to attend funeral service of someone that is not my family
4. Though my Reverend father promise to write a supportive letter to embassy but I still think this not enough

Are you an undertaker? Do not apply, otherwise you will be denied a visa. This is basically because you may not return home after your visit.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by asitis752: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
please is it possible for me to enter USA to hustle with one million naira without landing in trouble? What kind of visa am I going to apply for? Please I need info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
mariamadenle:
my questions:

i think you should go to the Non immigrant section. The VOs would be in the bet position to answer this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
What are you going there for?

asitis752:
please is it possible for me to enter USA to hustle with one million naira without landing in trouble? What kind of visa am I going to apply for? Please I need info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
DeeTus:
Are you an undertaker? Do not apply, otherwise you will be denied a visa. This is basically because you may not return home after your visit.

My goodness cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by asitis752: 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Christian129:
What are you going there for?

to do any available job Cos I don't rely only on my certificate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrjojo: 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
eniolagharxe:
Anyone from Lagos coming to Texas,Dallas?....really need your help,Abeg PM me...God bless you as you PM
Bros, someone replied you in the previous page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
Fortissimo502:

My goodness cheesy
What's so funny about that? grin Hehe, i'm pretty sure if a VO asks him this particular question, the man would like please come again. And the next thing he will hear is, sorry you do not qualify for this visa blah blah blah.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
TWoods:

All i want to ask imperiouxx is where in the world did he find such a wonderful woman to marry? cool

Just by luck my brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
SAMUELS3:

Yeah, she's such a wonderful woman. She even told me how they met, but I won't tell you grin let my boss imperiouxx answer the question. cheesy

Sir imperiouxx, over to you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Olayinka15,where are you going in MS? You need to be specific
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Olayinka15(f): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
OluDare01:
Olayinka15,where are you going in MS? You need to be specific

Am going to jackson- Mississippi... Jackson state university.... do u know anyone dia...even if its not Jackson sef....Mississippi...to know someone in Mississippi sef is OK...not necessarily Jackson gangan...is DAT where u are?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
Olayinka15:

Am going to jackson- Mississippi... Jackson state university.... do u know anyone dia...even if its not Jackson sef....Mississippi...to know someone in Mississippi sef is OK...not necessarily Jackson gangan...is DAT where u are?
I'm in Tennessee.
I don't know anyone in that school.
Maybe you can search LinkedIn or our Mississippi folks can be of help.
cc bbdd and fortissimmo502
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
JaneAusten:
Hello
Please I need y all advices here. The problem is I graduated from High School In 2012. Started my undergraduate studies in 2013. I voluntarily withdrew from University in 2015 due to family emergency. I have applied to a school in the US and I have been accepted for Fall 2017. Please when asked what have you being doing since high school, is it advisable to bring up my previous undergraduate studies and say I withdrew due to family emergency or I shouldn't even bother to say anything regarding it. Looking forward to your thoughts
Thanks
Same issue ! Shoot me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bidexluv(f): 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
TWoods:

The Phd isnt tough to apply for depending on 3 factors;

1. GRE score - needs to be very high
2. Your transcript - if you show continuous improvement over the years (i.e. your 2.2 was based solely on poor performance in the first/second years), then you stand a good chance.
3. Well articulated statement of purpose - i.e. your research plans and who you intend to work with and why.

PhD sounds scary sef for now.

I am just preparing for GRE.

I will apply for Masters or PGD in another school.

Will search out the schools.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by izzybella007(f): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hi everyone
Please I need a quick evaluation on the following schools based on funding opportunities:
1) university of delaware
2) Mississippi state university
3) auburn university
4) alabama a&m university

Gpa: 2.84/4.0
Interested in: msc in food science
GRE: yet to write
Toefl: yet to write
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajibayo4: 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
DeeTus:

Mr Dee Tus.
You no go kill me with laugh. You killing me with jokes really @undertaker.
You blunt die.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
mariamadenle:
my questions:

please, do not be discouraged,Whites happen to respect "Last wishes" and I personally believe you'll get the Visa...just prove you'll come back home,go with necessary proofs and back ups for your story and God's gonna surprise you pleasantly...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
hy guys I've been following this thread as a guest but I have a question so I had to join please is it possible to ask your interviewer to hasten the collection of your passport like in one or 2days?will they do it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
eniolagharxe:
please, do not be discouraged,Whites happen to respect "Last wishes" and I personally believe you'll get the Visa...just prove you'll come back home,go with necessary proofs and back ups for your story and God's gonna surprise you pleasantly...
Tourist visa is not really easy to obtain in Nigeria unless you know how to play the game first of all.

It's better the dude tells the VO he's going to America for Easter holiday than funeral. The VOs at the embassy won't believe him even if it's true. What works there is what makes sense. Also invitation letters do not guarantee visas.

An african man won't spend close to one million or over that just to attend a funeral unless the deceased was his relative so to speak.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
Acasian:
hy guys I've been following this thread as a guest but I have a question so I had to join please is it possible to ask your interviewer to hasten the collection of your passport like in one or 2days?will they do it?
Lol, why should you do that brother? Just pray your visa is approved even if it takes one week is okay.

"Patient dog eats the fattest bone." cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
DeeTus:
Lol, why should you do that brother? Just pray your visa is approved even if it takes one week is okay.

"Patient dog eats the fattest bone." cheesy
my appointment is tmrw and I'm must be in school by Thursday or I'll be withdrawn.should I get the Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Acasian:

my appointment is tmrw and I'm must be in school by Thursday or I'll be withdrawn.should I get the Visa
Drama!
Why didn't you schedule an appointment on time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Olayinka15(f): 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Acasian:

kuku get an extension letter from d school... cos u can't rush visa ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by alldmoney: 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Acasian:

You will be withdrawn as how ? Extension letter is your way our , I also did that flying soon sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.