Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671786 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 5:17am On Sep 28, 2016
lionlee216:
Lagosismyhome, DeeTus, Thank you so much for the encouragement and everything..I was so prepaared for it. It seems like you guys are angels or witches. grin grin I cant thank you enough. The journey of my life wont be complete without mentioning your names

Walspring, and Texrem the wonderful pastors, Thanks for the prayers, it helped and thanks to all NL Family.. All my transcripts both denial and approval will be posted.

VISA APPROVED!! 6.30am appointment, Lagos. Less than 3 mins

To God be the Glory
congratulations bro,I'm really happy for you
God time is the best
Bro bring garri, ogbono come o,abeg o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by djmakson(m): 6:07am On Sep 28, 2016
For folks who are in any these disciplines; Business, Marketing, Accounting, Economics and applied to MTSU, I have two GA colleagues in the Department of Marketing graduating this December which leaves their spots open to be filled before beginning of Spring 2017.

Please try do your findings, relate with Profs in the department via emails, most especially the departmental chair (google dept of marketing MTSU) and develop a relationship with them.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BJOO(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2016
adeyinka09:

Team fall 2017 msc ...fst
. Am here oooo ow is application going
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adeyinka09: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2016
BJOO:
. Am here oooo ow is application going
Fyn bro nd urs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2016
Bosses in d house please I need help as regards SAT materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by temi4fash(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2016
slimmy2005:
UCONN is a good school. But why not spread your interest to other region. I know Connecticut is close to NY and NJ, but you need to consider a lot of thing. First, competition, second your profile and third acceptance rate. I am not discouraging, but try to apply to other region where you'll get less completion as back up plan. Usually we streamline schools using this criteria.

a. Top Tier Schools
b. Mid-tier
c. Safe Schools.
G
Try and apply to atleast one safe school.

Boss of life.

Please how do I get to categorise my intended schools into these 3 categories.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BJOO(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2016
Fall semester applicant let chat please..economics applicants
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BJOO(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2016
Fall semester applicant let chat please..msc economics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:46am On Sep 28, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lekkyg: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
PLEASE GUYS IF I WANT TO APPLY FOR TUTION WAIVER...
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS PLS....

@SKMONEY ASKED THE SAME QUESTION BUT HE WASNT PROPERLY ATTENDED TO.

PLS GUYS I REALLY NEED FUNDING AND TUTION WAIVER

AND AM I TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP OR TUITION WAIVER WITH MY APLLICATION FOR ADMISSION TOO OR WHEN AM I TO SUBMIT THEM

[color=#990000][/color]

PLS HELP OUT GUYS.....HAVE BEEN MISLEAD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by donkotman(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi,
Anybody in Franklin University, Kindly pm me.

Need Assistant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2016
lekkyg:

AND AM I TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP OR TUITION WAIVER WITH MY APLLICATION FOR ADMISSION TOO OR WHEN AM I TO SUBMIT THEM

[color=#990000][/color]

I dont know if you can just apply for tuition waiver like that ..... its not easy as funding is competitive

Tuition funding as in Graduate Assistance is usually merit driven , so you have to demonstrate that you are academically good . There are at least two ways

- Some people package is impressive (GPA, GRE, SAT) that they dont even have to chase funding , it is included in the admission package or they later get notification from the school or Prof inviting them for a Skype interview . This interview should be taken very seriously (i have seen a previous post a very good by happney65 )

if you are not in the first bucket of people

- Others will have to work and chase funding . You would need to know the prof in the department or any department and follow up to see if there is any funding available . If there is/are , then you need to keep following up and demonstrate that you would be a valuable member to the team and what you bring to the table . Be always ready to sell your skills and present yourself well at all times.

AND AM I TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP OR TUITION WAIVER ---- Normally in scholarship , all applicants will be reviewed and then selected . However if during the process you see a scholarship that requires you to apply directly first then yes do make an application . Each school or program is different so clarify what the school process is and follow accordingly

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
temi4fash:

Boss of life.

Please how do I get to categorise my intended schools into these 3 categories.

Thanks
It's done based on ranking and region
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almeida3: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
lekkyg:

[color=#990000][/color]

You need to check in with the school and learn about the process. While some schools will automatically consider you for full funding and tuition waiver others will need you to fill separate applications for that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Abegi oo, Pls dont mind me question. will tecno products work successfully in the USA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
Onicemus:
Yes he's the one sponsoring
Ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
lionlee216:
Abegi oo, Pls dont mind me question. will tecno products work successfully in the USA?

All androids are the same, read here that some U.S sim cards select phones.

[s]Buy the Techno Phantom 6 for 88k, it won't fail you[/s] grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MedellinCartel(m): 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good day my people. can anyone suggest schools i can apply to in the US for Spring admission. Im looking at an MSc in Food and Nutritional science. Purdue seems to be the only school with application deadline of november. ive taken my toefl, i will be taken the gre soon. my undergraduate degree is biochemistry. Pls, i look forward to suggestions...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
MedellinCartel:
Good day my people. can anyone suggest schools i can apply to in the US for Spring admission. Im looking at an MSc in Food and Nutritional science. Purdue seems to be the only school with application deadline of november. ive taken my toefl, i will be taken the gre soon. my undergraduate degree is biochemistry. Pls, i look forward to suggestions...

is there a reason why it must be Food and Nutritional science ? ...... if you can only see one school for spring then expand your choice of master . With Biochem there so much you can do , you can do Clinical research Management just to mention one area . There are many other choices based on what your interest is in ,,,,,,,, so dont limit yourself . If u really want something and u see many options that different from targeting something that you are seeing few options .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
@Lionlee216, congrats once again. Those companies you mentioned threw the VO off balance cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
Those sending me PM.

Please my NL mail is down at the moment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MedellinCartel(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks for your prompt response. my area of career interest are the FMCG industries. thats the reason why i'm gunning for anything that surrounds food science or nutrition. if you have other schools i can check up, kindly suggest them...

LagosismyHome:

is there a reason why it must be Food and Nutritional science ? ...... if you can only see one school for spring then expand your choice of master . With Biochem there so much you can do , you can do Clinical research Management just to mention one area . There are many other choices based on what your interest is in ,,,,,,,, so dont limit yourself . If u really want something and u see many options that different from targeting something that you are seeing few options .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
OluDare01:
Those sending me PM.

Please my NL mail is down at the moment.
Ok ooooo, wetin happen self?

U just de enjoy Obama land........ Hw studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
DeeTus:
@Lionlee216, congrats once again. Those companies you mentioned threw the VO off balance cheesy

Thanks to God and u guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teekay2408(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi good people,i am applying to Murray state university,i intend to study education administration.pls do the vo give visa to applicant and hope the school is not costly pls help cause I intend to pay for application anytime from now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by HalimaX(f): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
iCool:

All androids are the same, read here that some U.S sim cards select phones.

[s]Buy the Techno Phantom 6 for 88k, it won't fail you[/s] grin

Phantom 6 plus is better, except he is on a budget.
I'm looking to get one myself cos i was allowed to experience it yesterday at one shop I entered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
Teekay2408:
Hi good people,i am applying to Murray state university,i intend to study education administration.pls do the vo give visa to applicant and hope the school is not costly pls help cause I intend to pay for application anytime from now
You'd have to apply to the school first and get accepted and stuffs and send ur requirements and get the I-20 before u apply for a visa !
Don't just apply for a visa appointment... you have to get an I-20... research the net and you'd find more details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pls anyone going to North Dakota in January, Minot to be precise.pls i'd appreciate a chat.....biko.Thanks plenty!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
Teekay2408:

I suggest that you read back on this section from page 1 and go to the USA visa site (look on Google)
You will learn about what you need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
HalimaX:

Phantom 6 plus is better, except he is on a budget.
I'm looking to get one myself cos i was allowed to experience it yesterday at one shop I entered.

Asampete, with this current Dollar - Naira exchange rate, everyone most people doing the U.S admission runz this period are definitely on a budget! Except they were ex-oyel workers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by HalimaX(f): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
grin
iCool:

Asampete, with this current Dollar - Naira exchange rate, everyone most people doing the U.S admission runz this period are definitely on a budget! Except they were ex-oyel workers

he should squeeze out 20k joreey. The plus version looks and feels more premium.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.