Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,974 members, 7,810,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! (1208 Views)

How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help / Meeting My Father In Law To Be, For The First Time. / Meeting My Fiancée's Parents For The First Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by Greekoyinbo: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2016
Oyinbo here

Anyways I meeting my husbands aunts and cousins on Sunday I have no idea what kinda present to bring. I was thinking flowers and maybe a cake my husband said they aren't oyinbo lol so I have no idea what kinda presents will they expect me to bring.

Plz answer asap!!!
Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Something simple like a basket of assorted fruits should do.

2 Likes

Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by jemype(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=Greekoyinbo post=48443931]Oyinbo here

Anyways I meeting my husbands aunts and cousins on Sunday I have no idea what kinda present to bring. I was thinking flowers and maybe a cake my husband said they aren't oyinbo lol so I have no idea what kinda presents will they expect me to bring.

Plz answer asap!!! [/quote a nicwe blouse or dress, then kids chocolate or snacks- croissants and all. if buoyant a gold chain for mama would also do
Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2016
Greekoyinbo:
Oyinbo here

Plz answer asap!!!

Your husband knows them better, so ask him what is suitable for you to bring
He should be the one guiding you here.
Make it simple and only do what you are prepared to sustain
All the best with the meeting

3 Likes

Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2016
Don't overdo it. A basket of fruits (oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, pears etc) with a bow at the top to make things pretty. If you know how to cook, make a cake or pie for them. Traditional gifts are always acceptable in most cases. That's thoughtful of you to bring a gift but most Nigerian cultures don't expect gifts. So if you, don't do anything you cannot replicate or will resent doing another time. Don't raise anyone's expectations.

1 Like

Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by babythug(f): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Like has already been said. The simpler the gift the better. So a basket of fruits, fabric i.e ankara-woodin, daviva, excellence etc, pair of slippers should be alright.....

Please don't take them flowers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by Greekoyinbo: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Thank you everyone that's answered me

The reason I was asking cos my husband didn't know what to bring when I suggested cake or flowers he said no so I had no idea what to bring. Thank you about fruit basket sounds good idea thank you.

I'm gonna buy it tomorrow thank you again
Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by babythug(f): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
Greekoyinbo:
Thank you everyone that's answered me

The reason I was asking cos my husband didn't know what to bring when I suggested cake or flowers he said no so I had no idea what to bring. Thank you about fruit basket sounds good idea thank you.

I'm gonna buy it tomorrow thank you again

Put up the pictures if you can! it may serve as inspiration for others in your shoes cheesy
Re: Meeting My Husbands Aunts Present Ideas ASAP!!!! by Greekoyinbo: 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=jemype post=48444833][/quote]

I just bought her fruits which she liked, I didnt buy chocolate as my husband said that's oyinbo thing she wouldn't like that.

Anyways I go there a lot now the other day she shouting me in Yoruba lol cos I wanted get dust pan and brush but she saying sponge in Yoruba which I didn't know at time but she wants me understand so she always talking in Yoruba. Which is nice cos I want understand smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Father's Letter To His Family In A Recession. / Help Me Please! I'm Critically Depressed / Luth School Of Nursing Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.