Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Babangida's Most Sensible Statements In A Decade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida's Most Sensible Statements In A Decade (610 Views)

Karma : Wike Statements In The Past About Destroying Amaechi / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / …babangida Defends Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Babangida's Most Sensible Statements In A Decade by PeeDaVinci: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2009
after gani's death, he made some statements about gani (which in all honesty, i think is like shedding crocodile tears)
but yesterday, he spoke about decentralization of powers,
and in the papers today he warned that the appointment of wrong people to the Bench and retention of bad laws would make nonsense of the present administration’s avowed commitment to rule of law-
and i cant agree any less with those two things he said.
He also stated he is not interested in 2011

And that keeps me wondering - is maradona still at his game again (as i would think) or is he really suggesting the way forward for nigeria. Given the kind of influence the man has and the fact that his suggestions can be the commands to our leaders, if he says what we feel can move the country forward, can we support his advice now (while going against his personality), or should we say "to hell with his advice and personality"??

(1) (Reply)

A Female House Member Is Causing Commotion In Is Ancient Kingdom / Unease In Banks Over Sanusi's Closeness To Peterside / Nigerian Government Can't Fulfill Their Promises To Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.