Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. (550 Views)

9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! / Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by cjfbn: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
I woke up to find my engine oil drained, I topped the oil and went to d Mechanic, he discovered where the oil was leaking from(some where under), but here lies my dilemma, he said that the engine will have to be brought down.
I am scared that he will scatter d car for me though he came highly recommended.
To change the main bearing oil seal, does it require bringing down d engine?
Please help a brother. The car is a Toyota Highlander.
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by adanny01(m): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
cjfbn:
I woke up to find my engine oil drained, I topped the oil and went to d Mechanic, he discovered where the oil was leaking from(some where under), but here lies my dilemma, he said that the engine will have to be brought down.
I am scared that he will scatter d car for me though he came highly recommended.
To change the main bearing oil seal, does it require bringing down d engine?
Please help a brother. The car is a Toyota Highlander.

There are two main bearing oil seals; one is on the flywheel side and the other at the accessory belt pulley side. Depending on which is leaking, the oil seal at the pulley side is easy to replace without removing the engine whether mounted transversely or longitudinally. The flywheel oil seal is easier replaced on a longitudinally mounted engine (by working underneath) than a transversely mounted engine like yours. Essentially, the transmission has to be removed on an transversly mounted engine, but a longitudinal engine has space to remove the transmission without removing the engine although working undeath a car is not convenient. The transverse engine has no such space to work with both engine a transmission in the engine bay. One or both has to go out for space. It is usually convenient/faster for mechanics to remove both engine and trans at the same time.

(1) (Reply)

Three Important Radiator Maintenance Tips / Stolen Car / Rav4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.