Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,814 members, 7,837,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Nigerian Police Brutalized Unibadan Student - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Police Brutalized Unibadan Student (408 Views)

Lawyer Brutalized By Soldiers In Delta Left To Die (Photos) / New Photos Of The Woman Who Was Brutalized By Soldiers In Lagos / How Unibadan Student Was Brutalized By 7policemen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Brutalized Unibadan Student by Ope101(m): 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
How 7 Policemen Beat Up Uite, Remi (Spartacus).
Early in the hours this morning, news filtered in on the alleged assault of a student by Officers of the Oyo State Police Force along Iwo road roundabout junction.
In a Phone call conversation with Voice of UI this morning, Mr. Remi popularly known as Spartacus confirmed the incident.
He narrated the unpleasant incident, "While coming from Lagos alongside Wisdom & Lekan, we were stopped which we respectfully did and we were questioned and we even offered to show our identity cards to prove that we are Students of UI but they refused".
Spartacus further narrated why he was beaten. "They told Wisdom to come to their car alone wish i refused, that you can't arrest us all and single one out for interrogation, then one of them replied insulting my Mother which I found offensive and replied that he should never mention my Mother but before I knew it they descended on me hitting me with their guns on my face"
This incident is the latest on Police brutality against Students, efforts to speak with the Commissioner of Police by Voice Of UI has proved abortive.
More update to be published later..

(1) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To 12 Weeks Imprisonment For Trying To Steal From Shoprite / How We Planned To Kidnap Oil Magnet, Femi Otedola – Kidnap Kingpin / Edodecides:photo Of Apc Guber Running Mate Awarding Lucky Igbinedion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.