Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives (58395 Views)

Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by cyrilamx(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Pylony:
Mind you there are many such cases in the catholic church, just do a little research and see lots of similar stories from around the globe. What do you expect, when the church set aside men and women away from enjoying "konji"? The bible never said that clergy omit be kept with out a wife or a Reverend sister the other way round not to start their families, it rather said that a clergy or Church worker begin his clergy work from within among his family members, Joshua said, "me and my household shall serve the lord".
The disciple Peter whom the catholic church call the first Pope was a married man as well, and it is clearly stated in the Holy bible when Jesus held his mother inlaw. Can you have a mother inlaw under your roof with out a wife? Here we have it, the church place that on the church clergy not Jesus or the bible giving such instructions, no wonder there was a time they were looking at if maybe to allow the priest to start a family or not. The catholic church should do the right thing, allow the priesthood to have families, families are a good thing and save the priest from committing secret sins as they call it, even though God is never against families.
if I say pentecostals read the Bible without comprehension many will come for my head. Have u read Matt. 19 from beginning to end? Where Christ affirmed that marriage isnt for everybody and later buttressed by St. Paul in 1cor.7? Did Peter not ask Jesus what would be one's gain for giving up family, wife and children to follow him? Aside what is contain in the Bible, can you tell me how Peter lived his later life? If he went back to the wife and if he had kids Guy get ur fact right, celibacy isn a doctrine rather a discillpline.... . Except those who blindly clung to the Bible alone as if the word Bible can be found in the sacred writ celibacy is as old as Christianity. Many cannot tell you why old testament prophets like Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah remained unmarried and few knew that John the Baptist belong to the Essene, group of prophets that were celibates and lived in caves.outside the new testament, many early Christians and martyrs renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God to live solely for him in service of the gospel. It is because of celibacy that why Catholic priests were able to spread the gospels , far and hostile lands, and many paid t Supreme price. One of the rules of becoming a Latin rite Catholic priest. . As any profession has rules that must be adhered to by would-be adherent. . If the Catholic Church was against marriage as Many erroneously believe, she won't teach the indissolubility of matrimony. If one is championing the abolition of priestly celibacy as cure for priests' sexual misdemeanours, then marriage should be abrogated in order to put an end to sin of adultery. Mind you asking priests to marry is not a cure for sexual deviants. There are many married Pastors who still stray or have mistresses. Do you know how many pastors are in the news daily for divorce issue owing t sexual related failings? Recently pastor Chris of Christ embassy was divorced from his wife wit the latter accusing him of improper conduct. What about the numerous gay pastors? The Catholic Church condemns homosexuality but not homosexual just as Christ her founder detest adultery but didn't condemn the adulterous woman. Nevertheless the church expels any seminarian involved in gay act and defrocks any gay priest when evidence point to. Self discipline with prayer and not marriage that is anti-dote for promiscuity. Though I do not hold brief for the priest, I will like to ask how many Youths and married people adhere to God's law against pre and extra marital sex? The priest's failing can also b a fallout of our permissive society where nudity and obscenity are celebrated. No one is force to b a priest just as Christianity is not coercion. . If one can't live with the condition of the priest calling, one should leave. There are many ways to serve God not just in the priesthood...

5 Likes

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Missonas(f): 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
Apcharam you were once a catholic right?

What happened is sad. Im praying for catholic priests all over, may God strengthen them.
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by ugobregas1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
and this is someone who has been preaching one man one wife, no divorce,faithfulness to your partner n equally conducting confessions for years! God in heaven, e de hard me to understand u a times oo! but shaa, u no be man shaa
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Themandator: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
blackpanda:
Priesthood is not for everybody. It is a vow of perpetual chastity. What a shame!

Priesthood or the catholic version?
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Destined2win:
That woman is a disgrace
Really? Why not the church/religion or the revealed hypocrisy?
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by mistersle3m(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
I can confirm that this story is true because I'm a parishioner with Queen of Apostle. It's just disgraceful
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Themandator: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Liar op am a catholic o and many of us are on this forum. I no doubt the marriage stuff but the church reaction in ur detail na wash man oso ndagoso was my bishop in borno before transferred. The church (congregation) does not derobe a priest like that. Once ordained he remains a priest forever in the order of melchizedeck

The story need error said he was derobed by the members but the Bishop said he sacked him... You guys have this tendency to try and puncture any story about the catholic church that's unpalatable to you...

The Bishop was interviewed but you still find fault with the story

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by EJUDE(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tallesty1:
Nothing new, one seminary got his long time girlfriend pregnant and was dismissed from the school. He came back, rested for a few years and reapplied.

He will become a priest very soon.
O boy dis your lie reach 180kg karrat for weight

3 Likes

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by saintneo(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
The decision by the Church is very strong.

About a decade ago, the Anglican church in UK allowed several modifications in their doctrine such as Gay-priest, Female-priests. This made some Anglicans switch to Catholicism as well as their priests.

Note, Anglican priest are allowed to marry; thus, the newly accepted priests became Catholic priests with their families living with them.

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Oga, dnt be gullible.

Can't u see fake news even from after?

Sun news just went and bishop sat down with them and was in tears.

Sounds like a political story
An attempt to discredit the news. But quick at spewing trash at another religion.
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
dmltoyin:
which one be Islamisation
Wetin concern islam for this one na
How does islam in anyway relate to this story
Chaiiii
I tire o! They have done their own things and want to hold Islam responsible. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Themandator: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
APCHaram:

Are there not expatriate catholic priest from different countries serving in foriegn lands?

Are there not European priests still serving in Nigeria?

Don't waste your time: I was once a a catholic and I know how hurtful it can be for them to read stories like this.. It is never ture to them.

My. Mum can't imagine a priest having a girlfriend even when Al the signs are there and there's is confirmation... . One read the story and concentrated on who derobed or has the power to derobed
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
APCHaram:

No difference between a catholic and a raving Muslim.

This is why the catholic church pulled out of CAN and your pope is now defending Islam up and down.

Guy, you need to denounce that pagan worshiping sect of homosexuals.
Continue. U will soon denounce another group. We are watching.
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by veraciousv1: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
[My friend shut up and stop talking nonsense. manoso is an Arch bishop of Kaduna Arch diosese and not a * mere bishop of kafanchan* as you are misinforming people . gush you are too rude ( mere bishop).If you dont know anything is better you ask question or you go mute . Manoso is my bishop in kaduna arch diosese ibrahim taiwo road near central market but he resides in st john's tafawa belawa way . So do me and others a favour by shutting up . Thank you.quote author=Emyogalanya post=48463600]Guy man oso ndagoso is not an arch bishop he is a mere bishop and not of kaduna arch diocese but kafanchan what's wrong with u. How can a bishop preside over arch diocese when was he made arch bshop by who why u guys every Sunday u try to bring up threads that are intended to stop people from going to church. Islamisation? And to Christians, catholics will believe this story if its other things the shout pix or .... Such a story cannot stay hidden from print media for two whole weeks? Sunday sun news on which day[/quote]
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by helovesme(f): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
Alexandro15:

Tell me something. So they now have masturbation class in the Seminary?
Thank God he was expelled. We can't have such a priest

He wasn't expelled oh.

He said he didn't receive the "calling" and decided not to proceed to priesthood.

He however insists that the seminary made him the man he is today and he won't trade the experience for anything. He also insists that all his kids must attend the seminary - whether or not they decide to go into priesthood.

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Controversial and Anti Christian threads every Sunday is what
And the muslims are responsible for the acts?
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Tinyemeka(m): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
coolzeal:
The main reason I refused to go to major seminary some years back. ... I go dey ordain marriage rites for men and their beautiful wives but, i no fit get my own. E no easy.

Wow. Only just realizing this. Looking at it from the priest's perspective. It's not easy.

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
SWORD419:
Thier hate for islam wull only make it grow stronger
Insha Allah.
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nusaf: 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
RooRuudRonSaha:
you are pained, it is the real fact, your bishops have been exposed.
They want to deny it.
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Themandator: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
mojeer678:

For those who really know, the Roman catholic religion (sun worship) is different from Christianity but like most neo-pagan cults, copies, borrows, appropriates Christian symbols in order to deceive and billions have been truly and well-deceived over the ages.

St. Paul says that one of the main signs of the GREAT APOSTASY would be the prohibition of marriage; a doctrine of demons!

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a red hot iron; Forbidding to marry ...."
(I Timothy 4:1-2).

"This is a TRUE saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife . . . one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection"
(I Timothy 3:1-4).

The 'priesthood' is strictly unnecessary, unknown and uncalled for under the New Covenant. All believers are the royal priesthood of God. 1 Peter 2:9

An expose on the issue of this religion's stance on marriage

It's only a matter of time that the deception would be tolerated anyway.

We can only pray for mercy for those in the vice-clutch of this false religion to be released.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues"
Rev. 18:4).

Good point: He died so we can reign as priest and king here on the earth u to our God... Every believer is a priest of the most high even though few know this and are operating that ministry side by side their head and not the tail ordinance..king
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Mayor1996(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hmmmm....why is this forum filled up with illiterates who don't even knw wat they are saying, do u knw wat it takes to be a priest?, do u knw wat they pass through?, do u knw they are still human beings like u? Oh! U think life is a walk in the park?, brothers n sisters, the highest way of serving God is serving him a priest, becuz they serve God while they suffer n still many of them keep on serving God, pls stop criticising n mind ur own business, even if some of them got married n have children, is their sin heavier than yours?? Nonsense! angry

3 Likes

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Onyejiuwaokoh: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tallesty1:
Nothing new, one seminary got his long time girlfriend pregnant and was dismissed from the school. He came back, rested for a few years and reapplied.

If catholic church is a cult then your church is a separatist cult since the founders were once catholics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tallesty1:
If there's anything I hate in this life, it would be somebody calling me a liar.

Don't you think he would continue where he stopped if the story was later discovered to be false? But no, he started afresh.

To clear your doubt. Pick a date and I will pay your tfare from your location to my village so that you can go to HIS FATHER's house and see his son.

I will also give you tfare to go back if you come and the story is false, but if it is true then you will transport yourself back.

Deal?

Sunday rice is ready grin

cheesy Thanks for the food bro...you get mind for this buhari regime dey announce food for public? cheesy

No bro, they investigate before expulsion...in case of mistake, he may not likely start where he stopped ab initio ...such cases are btw treated individually on their merit...

And most likely, he may not have gone back to seminary which I see as an impossibility here...maybe to something else but keeps playing on your community's intelligence...I have seen lots of deceitful folks like that...

I am not doubting if he has a son but the possibility of going back to priesthood after such act bro...It is impossible bro...
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Leez(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
Onyejiuwaokoh:
If catholic church is a cult then your church is a separatist cult since the founders were once catholics.
thank you my broda
pls tell them
to be a priest is not by force its just like d military u follow d rules or u go away
d catholic church is the one and true church
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Louiscutedude(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
No man z perfect...........he z a human beign just lyk uu he can fall as well if he z truely sorry God can as well forgive him for all his wrong deeds just as he forgives u of ur trimspass too.........
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
APCHaram:
The catholic priesthood is nothing but a cult.

The only reason they don't allow their priests, monks and nuns to marry is so that all their wealth remains in the church.

A priest or nuns worldly possessions automatically transfers to the catholic church after his or her death.

The so-called proclamation of celibacy is in fact to keep the wealth within the catholic cult.

In as much as they claim to be celibate, their major reason for this is because they are against the marriage institutions.

Nuns where allowed into the catholic fold as comfort women for the priests and monks.

Alter boys are meant to satisfy the elite of the catholic church since they prefer boys as you go up on the catholic ladder.

No priest, reverend, bishop, monk or nun has been excommunicated from the catholic church because they had sex but only where they are found out to be married.
ur ignorance is overwhelming!

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
mojeer678:

For those who really know, the Roman catholic religion (sun worship) is different from Christianity but like most neo-pagan cults, copies, borrows, appropriates Christian symbols in order to deceive and billions have been truly and well-deceived over the ages.

St. Paul says that one of the main signs of the GREAT APOSTASY would be the prohibition of marriage; a doctrine of demons!

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a red hot iron; Forbidding to marry ...."
(I Timothy 4:1-2).

"This is a TRUE saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife . . . one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection"
(I Timothy 3:1-4).

The 'priesthood' is strictly unnecessary, unknown and uncalled for under the New Covenant. All believers are the royal priesthood of God. 1 Peter 2:9

An expose on the issue of this religion's stance on marriage

It's only a matter of time that the deception would be tolerated anyway.

We can only pray for mercy for those in the vice-clutch of this false religion to be released.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues"
Rev. 18:4).

1)Even Satan quoted Bible to suit his plan...anyone can quote any portion like you did using a favourable translation to propagate whatever motive he or she has...

2)Jesus, Paul etc rebuked those who felt Jesus should be the only authority... saying he who is not against us is for us....and none who preaches that Jesus is God can turn against him...

3)Jesus prayed that they be ONE... Anybody that prays otherwise is devilish...

4)Jesus never said the religion of the Jews was bad or wrong...he rather CORRECTED unwholesome practices among such religion...who are you to otherwise here

5)Judge not...Have you done all God asked if you?...that you have time now to usurp the duties of God; judgement...

Fight to win heaven...and forget logic...I won't reply if you want an argument...I only asked you to quit being a Pharisee...good pm!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nusaf:

Keep talking, may be one day u will say something intelligent. grin grin grin grin grin Another exposure of hypocrisy in religious places. Continue.
I can see you have made it part of your life to troll me on every thread, smh, keep following me upandan grin
Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by brightgreat(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
APCHaram:
The catholic priesthood is nothing but a cult.

The only reason they don't allow their priests, monks and nuns to marry is so that all their wealth remains in the church.

A priest or nuns worldly possessions automatically transfers to the catholic church after his or her death.

The so-called proclamation of celibacy is in fact to keep the wealth within the catholic cult.

In as much as they claim to be celibate, their major reason for this is because they are against the marriage institutions.

Nuns where allowed into the catholic fold as comfort women for the priests and monks.

Alter boys are meant to satisfy the elite of the catholic church since they prefer boys as you go up on the catholic ladder.

No priest, reverend, bishop, monk or nun has been excommunicated from the catholic church because they had sex but only where they are found out to be married.

I feel for you, waking up to read a thread and conclude on such a thing...I'm no fanatic but you need to ask God for forgiveness...you are a movie freak from what I can see

1 Like

Re: Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives by Optionalx: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tallesty1:

Why is he going through the stress. Na be by force

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Bishop Oyedepo's 60th Birthday Celebration / Church Management Information System Course And Certification / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.