Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. (11827 Views)

UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic / LAUTECH VC Pleads With Lecturers To Resume Work / ASUU Threatens To Embark On Strike After FG Ignores Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by chinwex: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2016
The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) has stated that it will embark on a nationwide strike from August 22,
as a result of the Federal Government refusal to honor its agreement with it.

ASUP President, Mr Usman Dutse, who disclosed this on Thursday at the end of the Zone A emergency meeting of the union in Kaduna State, northwest Nigeria, said the union will commence the industrial action, if the Federal Government fails to honour the agreement it reached with it in 2013.
He said that since the suspension of the protracted strike in 2014, the government is yet to address some of the core issues that necessitated the strike.
Dutse urged the government to as a matter of urgency, address these issues in order to avoid another nationwide industrial action.
A communique read by the Zone A Coordinator of ASUP, Kabir Yunusa, noted that no significant progress has been made by government in resolving the issues.
The statement highlighted the issues to include the non-implementation of Needs Assessment Report of 2014, non-payment of salaries in many state-owned institutions, delay in the review of the Polytechnic Act and poor funding of polytechnics among other demands.
The ASUP President said that despite giving the government enough time when it came on board last year to settle down and address all pending issues, the present administration has showed no concern about the plight of lecturers, whose salaries were being reduced or owed in most federal and state polytechnics.

SOURCE:http://educationclique..ae/2016/08/poly-lecturers-to-embark-strike-from.html
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Oche211(m): 7:00am On Aug 14, 2016
Chai, it is well.
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by smogup: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari is a cancer to Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2016
This country yaff taya somebody jare cry

Let them kukuma sell Nigeia and give every citizens their share undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by crystaliz4(f): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2016
It is well o
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by SWORD419(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2016
This lecturers are insane ooo, all that concerns em is thier personal interests not that of the masses, i think it's better all the striking lectures are sacked

5 Likes

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Soji123(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2016
yabatech should not join the strike

2 Likes

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
This pple sha...They just resumed not too long oo...After 9month strike
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by niggi4life(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
Na wa o, for dis kind time?
I remember when i was still in school and anytime i see News like this i leap for joy.

I no know say na myself i dey do undecided

14 Likes

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Sexytemi(f): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2016
Strike again ?, wish them all the best in their striking plans.

Funny o, but e b like say Nigerian institutions strike pass thunder.gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by kingvectorv(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016
make them no try am oo before 1 kill person, at least after I finish my exams dey can mumu themselves and and go strike
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by kristisking(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016
Worst government ever in the history of Nigeria!
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Sciencs(m): 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016
sad

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by aimuan(m): 7:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Problem everywhere.Buhary is a gunner.(Arsenal fan) grin

1 Like

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by ogbeiwi(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2016
“He who is not courageous to take risks in life will accomplish nothing.”. It is well!!!
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by remmyjoy1(f): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2016
This country ehn, strike again lipsrsealed BT to me I Dont see anytin special in all Di's claims, let the ASUP chairman also consider the interest of the polytechnic student, he shouldn't turn their 2 years into 3 years, ah I am tired of these country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Rajosh(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Story remains the same despite change in government.
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by babyfaceafrica: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2016
Yeye
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by justflow1(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2016
I tink they should bring back our kwaraption we like it, in fact we love it

3 Likes

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Laveda(f): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2016
Nah wa o cry

What's this country turning into? undecided

1 Like

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Truflame: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2016
The Nigerian government should prioritize polytechnic education in the scheme of things. In fact, polytechnic education should be funded to take the nation to an enviable height lyk what we have in advance country.why dollar is sky rocketing against the naira is because the Nigerian government has ignored technical education sad sad grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by passionate88: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by ReabridCharles(m): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2016
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

"Nelson Mandela"

Leaders all over Africa are hell bent on destroying education in Africa. Then they send their children to western countries to return and take over from them while we continue with our microwaved education that yields nothing.

We have money to steal, but no money to invest in education.

A nation is only as developed and educated as it's citizens. But In Africa, no way!

Na wah oh

1 Like

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by justflow1(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2016
Soji123:
yabatech should not join the strike
lols if yabatech no join which school go come go first, in fact yabatech should be hosting the opening ceremony of the industrial action.lols... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2016
If them like let them bark like dog e no concern me.
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Kaybee14(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2016
I'm beginning to wonder what else is working smoothly in our country. The Federal Government just need to attend to ASUP on time so as to avoid any breakdown.
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by holluphemydavid(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2016
Strike join all d economic recession in Nigeria, Ayaf said it severally, notin seem working again in Nigeria, dis govt is Killin Nigerians gradually
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by Laveda(f): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2016
SWORD419:
This lecturers are insane ooo, all that concerns em is thier personal interests not that of the masses, i think it's better all the striking lectures are sacked

Abi nau, its all about personal interest now not minding how others will feel about their actions.

Its well!
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by AfroKnight: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2016
They had an agreement with Jonathan's administration and thought it would be honoured? grin The ineffectual buffoon was just out to share money to his cronies. You should have known that.

You need to negotiate new terms now. The crooks are out of office.

1 Like

Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by krasican(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2016
smogup:
Buhari is a cancer to Nigeria

use ur head
Re: Poly Lecturers To Embark On Strike From August 22. by bolaji3071(m): 7:55am On Aug 14, 2016
Am very sure that it is yabatech lecturers that are going to lead the strike ..

Simply because yabatech and strike are

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Ranked 9th Position Among Top 10 Universities In Africa / How To Get Materials For Your Project Work, Exams, Assignments And More / Chrisland: We Never Demanded A Second Autopsy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.