Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,346 members, 7,954,405 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months (18682 Views)

El-Rufai Suspended For 6 Months By APC Faction / Senate Committee Recommends Suspension Of Ndume For 6 Months, Clears Melaye / Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 14, 2016
Do you desire to get a visa to the UK? Well, Teresa May provided you the opportunity to visit the United Kingdom without a visa. All commonwealth citizens can enjoy staying in the UK visa-free.
It seems that Nigerian citizens can benefit from the Brexit. Theresa May, as a new Prime Minister of United Kingdom, announced a visa-free entry for Commonwealth citizens. According to new regulations, the citizens of the commonwealth have a six-months visa-free corridor.
Nigeria is a participant of Commonwealth countries. It means that the United Kingdom provides visa-free travel for Nigerians to the lands of her Majesty for six months. Theresa May provides a new foreign policy towards Commonwealth countries. The Crown desires to unite post-colonial citizens under its protection, but in this term, the Prime Minister desires do to that nicely.
The Commonwealth unity is consisted of 56 members, where eighteen members are from Africa: Zambia, Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Rwanda, Nigeria, Namibia, Mozambique, Mauritius, Malawi, Lesotho, Kenya, Ghana, Cameroon, Botswana. UK free-visa endorsement can be understood as a real present from Theresa May. Nevertheless, if one of the citizens of commonwealth desires to stay in the UK for more than six months, it`s still needed a visa. According to the Immigration Act 1971, all people of Commonwealth have rights of abode in the UK. The ones who can abode in the UK have a particular privilege, like rights to live, work and study in the UK, apply for social security benefits, etc. The UK becomes one of the countries with a visa-free entry for Nigerians. Nevertheless, what does it mean for the Citizens of the UK? People who voted for Brexit justified their choice by two parameters: no desire for foreign immigration and no wish to pay taxes to EU. Teresa May by announcing a visa-free entry for Commonwealth Citizens showed the Brexit voters that it was not a reason for saying No to Europe. The new visa endorsement provides new possibilities for Africa countries and especially Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by ckmayoca: 7:16am On Aug 14, 2016
Wey ya source Op the immigration man.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Funlordjnr: 7:16am On Aug 14, 2016
grin

If TRUE then Naija go soon empty!

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by mbah2x(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2016
so far african nations are involved, there will be discrimination

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2016
Emirate ur first class ticket to London is how much? One way ticket, naija ppl never neva ever return back.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by clydedaniels(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2016
I wan travel....
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by hopeforcharles(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2016
This is a manipulative step to rake up revenue to their country since the currency is doing bad and the economy is having issues,
I will advise Nigerians not to accept this Greek gift

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 14, 2016
Abeg no use Nairaland forum take do magomago o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Sctests: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2016
No thanks, I'll rather remain in Aussie. I have friends in the UK, they are never happy and always sound stressed.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by engrsyer(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2016
I needed to go and spend like 4 months in the UK but how can I go when Bubu don't want to pay workers and as well $1 is 400 while £1 is 500

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by elope: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2016
engrsyer:
I needed to go and spend like 4 months in the UK but how can I go when Bubu don't want to pay workers and as well $1 is 400 while £1 is 500
its all false n scam

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2016
It's another way UK wants to boost their economy, before you can enter the UK, you must have booked for an hotel, prepare accomodations. I was surprised when a sister called and told me lastweek, UK of all country.. Where is my passport sef, make I port sharp sharp
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by sexybrooke: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2016
Then naija will empty sharp sharp and buhari to manage his cows and daura

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2016
Formal British Prime minister isn't going to like this
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Interesting.

Britain will always have the upper hand within the commonwealth, and with brexit, African commonwealth countries stand cut off from the European market since they accessed it through UK.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 14, 2016
Hmm,heard this info from a close friend in London.But the irony is that u still need visa if going for studies!This only applies to fun/vacation seekers.PM Theresa May,very smart move from u...She knows we have a lot of looters n criminals in Africa ready to spend their money in the UK!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by dustmalik(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2016
This news is probably false. No single reputable news outlet has reported it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by nelcliff(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2016
@OP is right... This news came 5 days ago... it's everywhere on internet.. just google it to see more..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Rilwayne001: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Ferraricash:
It's another way UK wants to boost their economy, before you can enter the UK, you must have booked for an hotel, prepare accomodations. I was surprised when a sister called and told me lastweek, UK of all country.. Where is my passport sef, make I port sharp sharp

What if one has a relative over there, would booking an hotel still be necessary?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by adekunletai(m): 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
Please where is the source of this information.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by chemicalDisease: 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
London?
I will not go, lemme know when Norway, Canada, Australia start giving visas even if at 200% increas

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by chemicalDisease: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
London?
I will not go, lemme know when Norway, Canada, Australia start giving visas even if at 200% increas
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by slex(m): 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
Book your flights with us. Los to Heathrow or Abj to Heathrow. Quote me for best prices.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by rayblast(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Oluwarose,Oyinkansola,Atinuke,Iya Monija,baba sulu,Grannies London ti ya o.If una delay una go dey meet mi for there o
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by stelaar(m): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Very uninformed post I must say. I repeat this can never happen.

The visitor visa regardless of tenure (6months, 1yr , 2yr, 5yr,10yrs visa) gives you a maximum stay of 6months without course to work or public funds. (Multiple entries but on each entry you cannot say more than 6months unless you have a genuine reason and inform the authorities for extension).

How stupid can the UK be to come up with such policy when people pay hundreds of thousands to get a visa that can not even let you stay for more than 6months.

In that case no one would ever apply for a visa and enjoy such with no revenue going to the embassy.

This news is nowhere near any of the official websites of the uk but tied in the imagination of dreamers

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by buharisbae(f): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

If TRUE then Naija go soon empty!
lwkm I dey tell u
na me go first run grin
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by nickxtra(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
6 months Visa free for Commonwealth citizens? U.K no fit do am. It's all lies

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by frandies(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
slex:
Book your flights with us. Los to Heathrow or Abj to Heathrow. Quote me for best prices.

How true is this news?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by KingsCity: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
gwine0047:
Do you desire to get a visa to the UK? Well, Teresa May
provided you the opportunity to visit the United Kingdom
without a visa. All commonwealth citizens can enjoy
staying in the UK visa-free.

It seems that Nigerian citizens can benefit from the Brexit.
Theresa May, as a new Prime Minister of United Kingdom,
announced a visa-free entry for Commonwealth citizens.
According to new regulations, the citizens of the
commonwealth have a six-months visa-free corridor.

Nigeria is a participant of Commonwealth countries. It
means that the United Kingdom provides visa-free travel
for Nigerians to the lands of her Majesty for six months.
Theresa May provides a new foreign policy towards
Commonwealth countries. The Crown desires to unite
post-colonial citizens under its protection, but in this
term, the Prime Minister desires do to that nicely.

The Commonwealth unity is consisted of 56 members,
where eighteen members are from Africa: Zambia,
Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Seychelles,
Rwanda, Nigeria, Namibia, Mozambique, Mauritius,
Malawi, Lesotho, Kenya, Ghana, Cameroon, Botswana. UK
free-visa endorsement can be understood as a real
present from Theresa May. Nevertheless, if one of the
citizens of commonwealth desires to stay in the UK for
more than six months, it`s still needed a visa. According
to the Immigration Act 1971, all people of Commonwealth
have rights of abode in the UK. The ones who can abode
in the UK have a particular privilege, like rights to live,
work and study in the UK, apply for social security
benefits, etc.
The UK becomes one of the countries with a visa-free
entry for Nigerians. Nevertheless, what does it mean for
the Citizens of the UK? People who voted for Brexit
justified their choice by two parameters: no desire for
foreign immigration and no wish to pay taxes to EU.
Teresa May by announcing a visa-free entry for
Commonwealth Citizens showed the Brexit voters that it
was not a reason for saying No to Europe. The new visa
endorsement provides new possibilities for Africa
countries and especially Nigeria.

this is not April fools day
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by coolitempa(f): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
sexybrooke:
Then naija will empty sharp sharp and buhari to manage his cows and daura

Trash talk from you as usual...
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
http://www.visalogic.net/news/2016/8/2908/commonwealth-uk-visa-free-travel-hoax

says.......

Commonwealth UK visa-free travel hoax
15 Aug 2016 | Posted by Carl Thomas
The UK has confirmed that stories that people living in Commonwealth Nations would be permitted to travel to Britain without a UK visa are a hoax.
Numerous stories have recently been posted across social media and received hundreds of shares. They suggested that Prime Minister Theresa May had given the green light to a new system that would allow people from the 53 Commonwealth countries to travel freely to Britain without a visa.
It comes as the UK is starting to look at how it will deal with the visa-free travel arrangements that European Union citizens currently enjoy, following June’s vote to leave the EU.
However, it is unlikely that the UK will offer similar benefits to Commonwealth nations as EU citizens have at the moment. Bringing down migration numbers was a key issue in the EU Referendum and Mrs May, in her previous position as Home Secretary, was responsible for tough new regulations making it more difficult for people to obtain UK visas.
South African British High Commission spokeswoman, Isabel Potgieter, said: "We can confirm that no changes have been made to the UK’s visa regime for citizens of Commonwealth countries."
Ms Potgieter said that any South Africans who wanted to travel to the UK should check the information for their individual requirements.
The High Commission in South Africa unveiled a more straightforward UK visa application system for South African citizens earlier this year.
The Access UK online application service went live in May, to replace the old Visa4UK system. It has a shorter form and is simpler to complete because it generates questions based on the applicant’s previous answers. It is similar to new UK visa application systems that have already been rolled out in China and India to simplify the process.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Travel To The UK Visa Free For 6 Months by leofab(f): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geo Political Zones In Nigeria And Their States / Lagos Gov Reintroduces 25% Discount On Food Items, 25% Slash On Transport Fares / Bolarinwa Babalakin Is Dead (Former Supreme Court Judge Dies At 94)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.