Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months (30880 Views)

The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) / Fayose Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen Arrested By Ekiti Anti-grazing Marshall - Pics / Fayose Signs Ekiti Open Grazing Prohibition Bill (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by ebosie11(f): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gov. Fayose just signed the Ekiti State Open Grazing Prohibition Bill into law in the presence of over 3,000 Traditional Chiefs in Ekiti.

Under the law, herdsmen are forbidden from carrying arms and movement of cows and other animals from one location to another is prohibited.

The law prescribes six months imprisonment without option of fine for any herdsman who violates the grazing prohibition while any herdsman found with arms will be charged with terrorism.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/flashgov-fayose-just-signed-ekiti-state.html

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by ojun50(m): 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Infact jst kill them all

168 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by abokibuhari: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
the only brave man in the history of of the Yoruba race after fani kayode

awolowo can't and is not fit to untie fayose's number

284 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by mazichika: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Good one fayose!
Shame on ugwuanyi

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by ShootToKill: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
Good one, quotasystem and other abokirudeens should go there and test the law with their cattles. Flenty Flenty Iron beans awaits them. grin

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by lytech1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Bubu won't be happy to hear this... Fayose,another probe await u ooo

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by anibi9674: 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
fayose u just fall my hand, six months is too small na. They deserve life sentence. People that don't have value for human life should not be allowed to roam around.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by NigerDeltan(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Fayose has been giving Quality Leadership to the Ekiti people since 985BC

Jst passing shaa grin

131 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by SuperS1Panther: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

I am sure the Mitteh of the herdsmen would have warned all his people not to venture towards Ekiti and SW, rather they should head towards SE.

Itori were ti'ta, ni a fi n ma ni were ti'le.

49 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by olucephas(m): 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice move . He is in position to protect his citizens.But only few governor can do this. #Irumole

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by EazyMoh(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
State Laws versus federal laws, this bill ain't going nowhere. A Nigerian has a constitutional right to move around in to any part of the country lawfully.
*modified
All those people quoting me and saying;
1. Fulani are roaming with guns. I believe not just Fulani but anybody in possession of AK47 if not a security agent is a terrorist and should be arrested. I have personally never seen a Fulani wielding one.
2. Fulani are destroying people's farmlands, I don't know which state in Nigeria is that legal? Anybody found vandalizing people's farmlands should arrested.
BUT you can't deny people their means of legitimate livelihood for political reasons.
What is wrong with you people? Where is it
ever legal to roam into people's farmland ? It
has always been illegal to do that in whatever
part of the country and the perps have always
been arrested and tried, so no need for this bill
in the first place if truly that is what it aims to
achieve. But the bill just aims at stopping
grazing completely both law abiding and
otherwise, which is unacceptable.
Just few weeks ago a Bororo Fulani camel gave
birth in a cassava farm in my community and
the police arrested them and an out of court
settlement of N50,000 was paid by the
herdsmen. We didn't need that bill to
administer justice, if that's what Ekiti is after
and not victimization simply because all
herdsmen have been demonized.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by yemexy(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Better

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by gannod(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

I am sure the Mitteh of the herdsmen would have warned all his people not to venture towards Ekiti and SW, rather they should head towards SE.

Itori were ti'ta, ni a fi n ma ni were ti'le.

beeni o....tori were ti'ta ni a fI n ma Ni were ti'le

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by ozoebuka1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
lol... it will hit front page before u know it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by veekid(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Any family of buhari wey do rough play go ekiti; na jail e dey use play

22 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Femich18(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
..Those herdsmen are stepping on toes. I love the law its gonna restrict their illegal activities. Other States especially those in the South East should follow suit....

47 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by frinx: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
It's a Federal system. State has autonomy.

I won't be surprise if some court or human right activist start a fight.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by yordha(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
If there is one thing you can't take away from this man, it's his gut

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by irenmwinfo(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
[s]
abokibuhari:
the only brave man in the history of of the Yoruba race after fani kayode

awolowo can't and is not fit to untie fayose's number
[/s]

Your useless governors are busy fasting, you're here praising fayose a yoloba. The same people you hate. You're not even ashamed there isn't a
single Igbo leader bold enough to do what fayose is doing

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by victorazy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
Let them gaze well grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Nellybank(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
The only sensible thing this ojuyobo has done since he assumed office

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by MadCow1: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4170117_20160829171935_jpegaec3ee091502704f2fa8251aa44e7e54

The first useful thing Fayose has done as Governor of Ekiti State.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by wrecksfurd(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Finally, the movement has commenced. Other governors should follow Fayose's footsteps biko

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by shammah1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice. 6 months is too small though. I'd prefer 6 years

16 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by udemedia3(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
A

1 Like

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by unitysheart(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kudos. Weldone for the first time from me. Critical times require critical decisions.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Pavore9: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice one, Do go further by empowering your people on how to raise cows for meat and milk as it is not an exclusive of a particular tribe.

7 Likes

Re: Fayose Signs Ekiti Anti-Gazing Bill Into Law, Herdsmen To Be Jailed For 6 Months by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
this is very commendable, no cow is worth more than the life of a human being, I hope other states will follow suit

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(guess Who?) Before And After Photos Of Three Real Friends / Soyinka Advises FG To Listen To Obasanjo’s Comment On Fulanization/islamization / Presidential Ticket: How Wike May Scuttle PDP Govs’ Ghana Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.