Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS (26851 Views)

Photos Of Air Force Helicopters Providing Cover Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Nigeria Airforce Launched Aerial Patrol Over Sambisa Forest (video) / AirForce To Launch Aerial Operation In South-South – Air Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by duni04(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
dubemnaija:
When will bubu send these guys to go do aerial patrol on Fulani killer herdsmen?? Mtsheww
I'm very sure u don't know the meaning of cattle rustling
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by duni04(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
thinkdip:
ARE WE FIGHTING A WAR? IN A SANE COUNTRY YOU DONT JUST SEE AIR FORCE DOING AERIAL PATROL UNLESS THERE IS A BREACH ON THE COUNTRY'S AIR SPACE FROM AN ENEMY OR PROBABLY AN ATTACK IS IMMINENT. THIS IS NOT A MILITARY REGIME NAO! STOP MAKING THE NATION LOOK LIKE A WAR ZONE
There's no point allowing the surveillance and attack helicopters of the air force lie fallow while waiting for the police to procure these items while thousands of people die daily. Our police is far behind in everything. If we wait for them to catch up countless lives would have been lost. Let's use what we have to get what we want.

5 Likes

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by StarboyMichael(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
They are needed in Abuja-Lokoja-okene too

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Samtob90(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
jaywhoco:
Nigeria is under siege...our military has lost more fighting nigerians within nigeria than it has fighting outside nigeria or protecting her territorial integrity...

But u prefer Bokoharam killings to NA patrolling?
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by kechywillz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
Air force used to have their uniform which was blue camouflage,since Buhari assumed office they now wear the same camo as the army,how do one now differentiate them when they are off base
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by spinna: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
This should be a police job but from the way Nigerian police treat their vehicles its better to leave this task to the NAF but it sends signal of aerial external threat so it should be a joint task force with police so as to avoid negative signal. Lagos police have a chopper that circles daily

2 Likes

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
Maisuya1:
Everybody institution is sitting up and quietly doing their work, no more money sharing and awarding fititious contracts.
The other day DPR called me that the license of two of my petrol stations are ready I should pick them up at their office. shocked
I thought I was dreaming, DPR that it takes you more than 6 months to process a 1 year license and another six month to get it after you've payed bribes here and there, are the ones calling me to pick up my license just after 2 months of application. This is indeed change.
Wailers over to you......any comment(s)?

2 Likes

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by blackpanda: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
Wealthyone:
We need this in every part of Nigeria and not just Abuja-Kaduna. Especially the herds-men ravaged area.

And how much do u have to finance it all over nigeria. Easier to complain than be realistic.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by blackpanda: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
kechywillz:
Air force used to have their uniform which was blue camouflage,since Buhari assumed office they now wear the same camo as the army,how do one now differentiate them when they are off base

Just slap one. They will differentiate for u grin

3 Likes

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Roski1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
In as much as this is commendable I think this is the constitutional duty of the Nigeria Police. Someone should feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The constitutional role of the Nigerian military is to prevent internal threat and external aggression. What ever goes beyond the capacity of the police is internal threat. In the US, there is the National Guard (army, navy, air force), which is immediately mobilized in times of emergency. So, the involvement of the NAF is not out of place, especially as the police are beginning to prove incapable. I recall that the Book Haram leader was arrested by the military and was kept in safe custody. He was then constitutionally handed over to police for investigation and they chose to delete him. Today, a lot of soldiers have paid heavily for the police stupidity.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by erinolu(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ohhh Mr President. ....

Isn't this what a drone could have used for?

Haba....nahhh !!!

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
onnenka:
.They should not limit their activities to rescuing cows only o.
.Are u serious? The last i checked,the South is the Hqtrs of all crimes in the whole world ranging from Baby factory,selling of human beings i.e in the east,a man sold 7 children for 400k, armed rubbery, kidnapping, carnibalism, 419, human trafficking, drug pushing, prostitution, incest, burying of life human beings in churches, rapings, selling of fake drugs and products, fake pastors in crimes, pastors impregnanting church members, cultism, selling of human parts, vandalism, bunkery, birds and cats turning to human beings etc. All the above mentioned crimes are every day on the news headlines committed from the south. Are u not ashame of urself to mention north here. If the same military survilance is taking to south,u turn again and call the govt.with all sort of derogatary names to demonstrate the hates u pple are born with,live with and surely will die with.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by bamdexfarms(m): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Maisuya1:
Everybody institution is sitting up and quietly doing their work, no more money sharing and awarding fititious contracts.
The other day DPR called me that the license of two of my petrol stations are ready I should pick them up at their office. shocked
I thought I was dreaming, DPR that it takes you more than 6 months to process a 1 year license and another six month to get it after you've payed bribes here and there, are the ones calling me to pick up my license just after 2 months of application. This is indeed change.

Not only DPR, CAC that takes over a month for the result of name search to come out now has a website where u can do name search yourself for free!!!!

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by wadetaw202: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
Maisuya1:

The change is also in Nigerian Prisons; warders Dont collect money for visitation anymore........in your dreams.

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by AlanSugar(m): 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
woodcook:
In as much as this is commendable I think this is the constitutional duty of the Nigeria Police. Someone should feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I think you need to first of all correct yourself on the confidence and expert training of the Nigerian police to carry out the task when they can't even control an irate 'yoot'! Nothing further.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by AlanSugar(m): 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
thinkdip:
ARE WE FIGHTING A WAR? IN A SANE COUNTRY YOU DONT JUST SEE AIR FORCE DOING AERIAL PATROL UNLESS THERE IS A BREACH ON THE COUNTRY'S AIR SPACE FROM AN ENEMY OR PROBABLY AN ATTACK IS IMMINENT. THIS IS NOT A MILITARY REGIME NAO! STOP MAKING THE NATION LOOK LIKE A WAR ZONE

You sound like you just entered Nigeria two minutes ago, like you don't know there's war EVERYWHERE! Nothing further.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Iceberg3: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Maisuya1:

mental
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
Maisuya1:

This is a goodnews

Congrats
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Jakumo(m): 5:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
oduastates:
Who exactly is attacking Abuja from the air?
Unless there is something else we do not know.

The ruthless banditos that attack cars driving along that now notorious Abuja to Kaduna highway are indeed operating on the ground, BUT those helicopters can respond to the scene FAR quicker than would be possible with patrol cars, and, with the right government approval, helicopter gunships can light up the robbers from the air, then pursue stragglers out across the desert terrain while applying ruinous withering fire in a classic turkey shoot, until the threat has been annihilated comprehensively.

With the increasingly frequent armed attacks on travelers along that road, this extreme measure of using military attack helicopters, rather than police observation helicopters, need not be regarded as unusual, because Nigeria is currently going through unusual times.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by AlanSugar(m): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
naijacentric:
I feel so sorry for our military doing police work

Like seriously, do you have "police" in this country? All there is under the uniform are robbery informants + suppliers of weapons and crime accomplices. Nothing further!

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Iceberg3: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
thinkdip:

best and logical post thus far..in civilized nations,the job of securing and patroling the cities on land,water and,as it were,air in a civilian dispensation belongs exclusively to the police and not the military..the military should only be engaged when the territorial intergrity is being infringed by foreigners or external elements...certainly not concerning issues like "malu thievery",goddammit! The soldier_excited president is only utilising extreme measures to secure his fellow fulani cows.
Naija is bact to the woods bigtime.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by tiwiex(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
jaywhoco:
Nigeria is under siege...our military has lost more fighting nigerians within nigeria than it has fighting outside nigeria or protecting her territorial integrity...

I wonder why no one noticed this. The military handles boarder security. Internal security is the work of the police. Next thing, na curfew. So what happens if there is a crime on the road? They call the police for ground work or there fellow air men. We love sensational news. Fighting crime caught our attention and we forget to look at the how. This is free access for the military right into the heart of our domestic life. I pray no hidden meanings.

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Miranda11: 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Pls the FG should do more of this in the south most notable being the Owerri -Port harcourt highway especially at Isiokpo which is a notorious area for armed robbers and kidnappers, road travellers are being subjected to kidnapping and armed robbery on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by 36STATES: 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
This is just the new outfit to protect heardsmen from cattle rustlers.
Buhari is not making it secrete anymore that he wants to advance the interest of heardsmen
above the rest of the country.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by phantom24: 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
meanwhile prices of goods is getting skyrocketed everyday n the citizens are suffering in silence. my qstn is why would a reasonable human being stop the importation of basic raw materials into a country that has has been dependent on these importation for ages without putting the neccesary things in place to cushion the effect of any backdrop that may arise?...I think rather than coming here to comment on the size of a python that was killed in someone's backyard we can use this forum to create proper awareness n speak up for the progress of this nation b4 d undesirable befalls us all.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Iceberg3: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ibrahim1975:
.Are u serious? The last i checked,the South is the Hqtrs of all crimes in the whole world ranging from Baby factory,selling of human beings i.e in the east,a man sold 7 children for 400k, armed rubbery, kidnapping, carnibalism, 419, human trafficking, drug pushing, prostitution, incest, burying of life human beings in churches, rapings, selling of fake drugs and products, fake pastors in crimes, pastors impregnanting church members, cultism, selling of human parts, vandalism, bunkery, birds and cats turning to human beings etc. All the above mentioned crimes are every day on the news headlines committed from the south. Are u not ashame of urself to mention north here. If the same military survilance is taking to south,u turn again and call the govt.with all sort of derogatary names to demonstrate the hates u pple are born with,live with and surely will die with.

ABC of HOW TO FOAM IN THE MOUTH.
grin
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by AlanSugar(m): 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
Iceberg3:

best and logical post thus far..in civilized nations,the job of securing and patroling the cities on land,water and,as it were,air in a civilian dispensation belongs exclusively to the police and not the military..the military should only be engaged when the territorial intergrity is being infringed by foreigners or external elements...certainly not concerning issues like "malu thievery",goddammit! The soldier_excited president is only utilising extreme measures to secure his fellow fulani cows.
Naija is bact to the woods bigtime.

****...see logic.... In civilized nations.... Why don't you go to the civilized nations and make this observation, in other words, why bring ideal practices into a non ideal situation? the situation in nigeria is far from 'ideal' and commands the non ideal measures which is most needed for our collective security survival. Need I add that the entire police force in nigeria need scrapping? That guy's position is trash. Nothing further!
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by omenka(m): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
oduastates:
Who exactly is attacking Abuja from the air?
Unless there is something else we do not know.
Aerial patrol to monitor ground movements.

Na wa for you oo.

1 Like

Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by AlanSugar(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
tiwiex:

I wonder why no one noticed this. The military handles boarder security. Internal security is the work of the police. Next thing, na curfew. So what happens if there is a crime on the road? They call the police for ground work or there fellow air men. We love sensational news. Fighting crime caught our attention and we forget to look at the how. This is free access for the military right into the heart of our domestic life. I pray no hidden meanings.

You may have a point but I don't see any hidden meanings except the fact that there's Nigeria's self inflicted war everywhere! Robberies, kidnappings, rituals, ethnic clashes, ipod yoots, I jaw avengers, Fulani herdsmen, political thuggery, cult war, you name it.. ... Nigeria is not safe anymore.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by Iceberg3: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
AlanSugar:

trash.
thank u.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by dlux: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Good one. Let's see more of such security operations in the south-east and south-west too.
Re: NAF Launch Aerial Patrol Of Abuja-Kaduna Highway Avoid Criminal Activities. PICS by adeusolu: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
[size=30pt]USELESS GOVERNMENT.......NEPOSTISM IS ALWAYS CLOSE TO THEIR CORRUPT CHEST..DANBAZUA IS QUICK TO DEPLOY THE MILITARY PAID AND EQUIPPED WITH OIL MONEY TO RECOVER STOLEN COWS AND CHECKMATE RUSTLERS ALSO QUICK TO DEPLOY MILITARY TO SAFEGUARD THE ABUJA TO KADUNA EXPRESS WAY IN ORDER TO PROTECT THEM AS THEY TRAVEL HOME.....BUT FG IS NOT READY TO USE THE MILITARY TO PROTECT HUNDREDS OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN SLAUGHTERED DAILY BY HERDSMEN .....http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/killings-fg-rules-military-action-herdsmen/[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Election: Why PDP Leaders Protested At INEC Headquarters – Keyamo / Gbenga Daniel Declares Support For Ogun APC Candidate, Dapo Abiodun / General HD Tafida Orders Torture Of 4 Abuja Electricity Workers Over Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.