Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. (2198 Views)

Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! / Women Clean House For Their Pastor But Don't Clean Table For Their Husband: Reno / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by dollext: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
Aw long can I continue to wait just to av a wonderful wedding. I am in my early 30s gainfully employed currently running my Msc. In 1 of d naija UNI. My gf is also a graduate and earn a little. My salary can put food on d table comfortably.... The issue is I dont av d luxury for wedding and the engagement list I got from her family is killing. Waitg I go do?

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by abat4real37(f): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
You are not ready for marriage

4 Likes

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by George22016(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
the above poster has said it
THREAD CLOSED!!!!
NEXT!!!
This thing fit make front page don't be surprised

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Flexherbal(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Do it small.
Pay the girl's bride price and take her home.
That is all.

4 Likes

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
abat4real37:

You're a kid

Flexherbal:
Do it small.
Pay the girl's bride price and take her home.
That is all.

Better response.

dollext:
Aw long can I continue to wait just to av a wonderful wedding. I am in my early 30s gainfully employed currently running my Msc. In 1 of d naija UNI. My gf is also a graduate and earn a little. My salary can put food on d table comfortably.... The issue is I dont av d luxury for wedding and the engagement list I got from her family is killing. Waitg I go do?

The bolded noted. That's the most important starting point in marriage.

Marriage is different from Wedding. The latter is just a celebration while the former is the main thing.

So take the advice above. If you can do registry, that's OK. Just ensure you can feed up to three mouths daily and afford some comfort.

Be strict about raising a child immediately - although its not easy.

But one thing I'm sure of is that before you notice, more favour will come your way in finances, business and career because God said so. All you need is to love love your wife and take good care of her.

So weddings are mostly show offs that do not have any positive magnitude on the marriage.

I hope your fiancé is mature enough to accept that. Not like that fake childish girl commenting up there.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by okirewaju(f): 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
The list is important, see if you can get the bride's family to do away with the unnecessary items on the list.

Marriage is the real ish the wedding is just the ceremony

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by shegxi(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
u are nt alone in this struggle bro, many young men are facing same dilemma also. but whatever d decision u make, do not borrow nor deplete all ur life savings to get married.

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by zed7: 9:04am On Aug 15, 2016
If you find a reasonable good girl willing to start small, please don't let her go. It's a luxury now meeting such girls. As for your question, just try and pay the bride price and do registry for now. It'll get better.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Aug 15, 2016
Pay her dowry and trash that luxury wedding to the bin (if you can't afford it). Do not BORROW N1 to finance your wedding.

Love your wife (very important), and take care of her.

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by general111(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2016
Op something tells me you finish off your salary immediately you receive an alert.because if you are gainfully employed,then you should be saving for your wedding..very few Nigerians are able to sponsor weddings with their one month salary,most go into some sort of contributions..
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by duduade: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2016
If you have 50k...
Your problem is solved...

There is a thread on planning a wedding with just 50000 Maura pere on nairaland.. Search for it and weep no more
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Becina(f): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Luxury wedding...shey you'll not do what you can afford now in this burahi era,do your thing bro
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by ammyluv2002(f): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
abat4real37:
I totally agree with you. He's not ready
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by MARKone(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
dollext:

You don't need luxury to marry my brother. What you actually need is true love, an understanding woman who would journey with you through out the struggle, you on the other hand will reciprocate by being faithful, appreciative and understanding. Back to matter, you said your salary can put food on the table, and your wife earns a salary no matter how small it is, you are good to go. @ Glorifiedtunde has said it all, You can start by going to the registry, that doesn't cost much, with that both of you are married in the eyes of the law, then If your in laws are the understanding type, you can just pay the dowery, with a very minimal ceremony and come back when you are financially ready to complete the other remaining stages of the traditional ceremony, yes some cultures allow that, if them no gree, give ur woman belle, "things we do for love" grin. For the white wedding, bros it is not compulsory, if you are a Catholic, explain to your priest, you pay for marriage bans, and fix a date, go for your marriage classes. On that day arrange with the priest, early momo, you guys will come to church, the priest will join the two of you in holy matrimony, you stay for morning mass, white wedding don happen be that. Lastly like tunde said also, just don't start breeding like a rabbit, one child should be OK for now, then go for family planning immediately, till you guys are ready financially to raise more kids, and live within your means. Marrying early has a lot of advantages, I did mine in my late 20's, you kinda grow with your kids. If I had my way, kids no marriage, wahala too much jare wink. All the best my brother.

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Ginaz(f): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
Do her introduction, pay her bride price and take her home. When you have enough money you can do a proper wedding. Our neighbor with 4 children did her church wedding recently and it was fun.

The most important thing is her bride price should be paid. Other things are manageable.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
ammyluv2002:
I totally agree with you. He's not ready

It would be nice to shed more light
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 16, 2016
dollext:

if you want it difficult it will be difficult,
use the short cut and thank me later

...giv"am belle and you're already there

in that regard your budget will not be
exhausted

the most important thing to consider in
marriage is your compatability with your
partner...finish
....then you go and honour her
parents

Nigeria marriage is over rated
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by gidjah(m): 2:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Brother, you ain't ready yet o.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Seem you are ready for marriage, and not wedding.

Do according to your pocket.. Don't try to Impress anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 16, 2016
Yomieluv:
Seem you are ready for marriage, and not wedding.

Do according to your pocket.. Don't try to Impress anyone.
k

True words...
U cant please everyone... But try pay d bride price.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by CoCoLav(f): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Convince her to do a court marriage and church blessing. You do not need much for church blessing, just take away snacks wrapped in a bag will do. She can even get to wear a wedding dress if she wishes. Let her know that things will not always remain like this and in a few years, you can give her a fabulous renewal of vows with the kind of ceremony she dreams of. Although to be honest, if it were me, I would not agree o...that's why I am saving money for my own dream wedding to avoid stories that touch. Your Fiancee may be a woman of gold and may not mind the sacrifice.

As for your inlaws, package the money you would have used for the wedding and give it to them codedly. Forget that list, all they want is money.

These people sha, they forget that they will still need some financial help from you years from now. They will scream and shout because of the little 200k they want to eat today, forgetting that you may be worth millions tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by davide470(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
CoCoLav:
Convince her to do a court marriage and church blessing. You do not need much for church blessing, just take away snacks wrapped in a bag will do. She can even get to wear a wedding dress if she wishes. Let her know that things will not always remain like this and in a few years, you can give her a fabulous renewal of vows with the kind of ceremony she dreams of.Your Fiancee may be a woman of gold and may not mind the sacrifice.
That's my girl!! wink
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by HCF(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
The irony about most weddings is that when u look back,years after, u wonder if it was necessary spending so much...

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by CoCoLav(f): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
davide470:
That's my girl!! wink

Your girlfriend is a woman of gold? shocked tongue
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
dollext:
Aw long can I continue to wait just to av a wonderful wedding. I am in my early 30s gainfully employed currently running my Msc. In 1 of d naija UNI. My gf is also a graduate and earn a little. My salary can put food on d table comfortably.. .. The issue is I dont av d luxury for wedding and the engagement list I got from her family is killing. Waitg I go do?

If thats all your salary can do, please after the wedding, don't have kids until you are both capable to.

There are many forms of family planning and different types of contraceptive.

Abeg.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by bukatyne(f): 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
dollext:

@OP:

GlorifiedTunde has said it all.

Goodluck.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
HCF:
The irony about most weddings is that when u look back,years after, u wonder if it was necessary spending so much...

Are you talking from experience?

As much as this growing trend of Nairalanders discouraging wedding ceremonies, I look forward to mine, infact am saving for it- small guest list but classy and fun.

The wedding is for the bride as well as the groom, so they should both contribute to it.

Wedding aside, the op can't meet the requirements on the bride price list.

dollext:
the engagement list I got from her family is killing. Waitg I go do?

seems the girlfriend is from that particular part of the country, he can start saving for it instead embarrassing himself in front of his in-laws.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by HCF(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Joavid:

Are you talking from experience?

As much as this growing trend of Nairalanders discouraging wedding ceremonies, I look forward to mine, infact am saving for it- small guest list but classy and fun.

The wedding is for the bride as well as the groom, so they should both contribute to it.

I am not against weddings,but I am against ostentation that accompanies most weddings these days. I am against excessive attention to WEDDINGs and poor preparation for MARRIAGE.

You want a 'small guest list, but classy and fun', Great!...as long as u don't pay through the nose ,because what is small to u, might be big to another.

In essence, cut your coat according to the cloth....Remember, after WEDDING comes MARRIAGE!.Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by davide470(m): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
CoCoLav:

Your girlfriend is a woman of gold? shocked tongue
Are you one?
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by Incrizz(f): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
dollext Have you talked to your girl? She may not want the big wedding thingy too. You could just buy the stuff for yor inlaws and do a "tiny" ceremony.
Re: Am Ready For Marriage But Don't Av Money For Wedding. by just2okworld(f): 9:17am On Aug 17, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

You're a kid

Better response.

Thanks for this response, it really saved a soul here,God bless you

The bolded noted. That's the most important starting point in marriage.

Marriage is different from Wedding. The latter is just a celebration while the former is the main thing.

So take the advice above. If you can do registry, that's OK. Just ensure you can feed up to three mouths daily and afford some comfort.

Be strict about raising a child immediately - although its not easy.

But one thing I'm sure of is that before you notice, more favour will come your way in finances, business and career because God said so. All you need is to love love your wife and take good care of her.

So weddings are mostly show offs that do not have any positive magnitude on the marriage.

I hope your fiancé is mature enough to accept that. Not like that fake childish girl commenting up there.

(1) (Reply)

The Secret To Better Sexual Life / Fighting False Accusations And Ridicule From A Father / Egg Donor Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.