Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! (2229 Views)

The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days / I Am Really Depressed, My Mom's Death Is Killing Me! / Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Kumar4india: 9:28am On May 16, 2018
Good day LS,

I was introduced to your blog three months ago and I must confess,it has been a huge blessing to my life. I love to read the stories and how you and one of your commenters:Uche always advice on the issues. I am a believer and I thank God for people like you who are fighting for godly marriages. I have been married for twelve years and it has not been easy but I thank God for His grace.

I am constantly being eaten up by the guilt of what I did about a year ago. It was a horrible mistake and I cannot forgive myself. You see,years ago,when my marriage was about eight years,my husband cheated on me. When I found out,I was broken.I mean.we are Christians. I never dreamed that one day,we would find ourselves in such a mess as s*xual sin. I know no one is perfect but I never ever expected it. My husband was a righteous man. He feared God. He loved God. He would frown at adultery in marriage in  a heartbeat. When it happened,my husband apologized and begged me. I was so devastated. I was depressed for months.I couldn't bring myself to see him as the man that I loved and married. It was such a big betrayal to me.

Eventually,after like two years,I began to put the whole thing behind me. Or so I thought. As I say this, I am crying cos I dont know how this happened. But I became a gym fan after my husband's affair. I thought he didnt like my body. I felt insecure about my looks so I began to gym and I was really good at it. But the problem started when

...read and comment on full story on the blog :

https://livelystones.com.ng/help-i-am-trying-to-build-my-marriage-but-this-guilt-is-killing-me/
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by ahnie: 10:52am On May 16, 2018
Amadioha knows I ain't gonna click that link.
Cc me when u decide to post the full gist here!

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Dyt(f): 5:55pm On May 16, 2018
ahnie:
Amadioha knows I ain't gonna click that link.
Cc me when u decide to post the full gist here!

But the problem started when I met a new guy at the gym. We started talking as just members of the same gym but it became a friendship over a few weeks. He would call me to find out why I was late to the gym or even absent. Sometimes,he would volunteer to be my gym partner. I guess I was just thrilled to have a man interested in me. He really encouraged me to follow through my keeping fit journey.

Something crazy happened one day. As we exercised,he was actually helping me to do my tummy exercises. And the next thing I know is,I had an orgasm!…It was so obvious that he noticed and I was embarrassed. He laughed and told me not to worry about it. That however opened up the opportunity for us to have conversations around sxual topics.It was flirty and we used to tease each other. Before I knew it,I was meeting him in a hotel and I slept with him. It happened once and I felt so horrible after. I was so sad afterwards. But the devil wasn’t through with me. Somehow,this guy convinced me that I was in love and he could make me happier. I never really had an orgasm with my husband. Most especially since his affair. This guy opened my eyes to a whole new sxual experience that I was not used to. I slept with him a second time before God arrested me. I stopped seeing this guy. I blocked his line and stopped going to the gym.

That was two years ago. Am afraid I didn’t tell my husband.For a long time I blamed him for this. Yes,if he hadn’t cheated,our marriage would still have been perfect.I would never have registered in a gym and I would never had met a guy to cheat with. I have prayed to God to forgive me but every time I pray,I feel convicted to confess to my hubby. The problem with that though,is I feel like,he would not forgive me. I feel like our marriage would not survive another infidelity. You know,its easy for women to forgive infidelity,men ,not so much. So ever since,I buried this secret with me but I get consumed every day by the guilt.

Please tell me what to do. I have been praying about this. Since reading stories from your blog,I have been getting a bit hopeful but I am also scared. I love my husband. I cry every time I make love to my husband cos the picture of this guy keeps flashing in my mind. I even think about it sometimes and it makes me feel worse.

We are trying to repair our marriage. Will telling my husband help or should I or just keep quiet and suffer this guilt in silence?

Sis Hannah,

Lagos

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Dyt(f): 5:56pm On May 16, 2018
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Funjosh(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2018
Let me park here, wait and read comments from our married men and women. tongue
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 16, 2018
Made up story from a traffic hungry blogger.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by mejai(m): 11:53pm On May 16, 2018
Don't blame ur husband for ur mishap. U Just want to Bleep.
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Kumar4india: 8:03pm On May 19, 2018
hmm
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Mcy56(f): 8:36pm On May 19, 2018
Go ahead and tell your husband what happened. Pray about it before telling him so that you can obtain his favour. Stop blaming him for your misdeed, he didnt cause it, you did!
By keeping it to yourself and feeling guilty of it all the time, you are adding more sin to your guilt.
How? By indulging in sin of unforgiveness
Not forgiving who? Yourself!
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by DeeMain(m): 10:44pm On May 19, 2018
One solution is see a good therapist. I am one. He will help you deal with the guilt plus the intrusive images and get you to forgive yourself, get closure and start a new life with your husband. You don't have to tell your husband if you don't want to.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by ezugegere(m): 12:19am On May 20, 2018
You don't really have to confess to your husband unless you're ready for the consequences. Forgive yourself and never do it again. Some secrets are better taken to the grave

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Nobody: 1:26am On May 20, 2018
Dyt:

But the problem started when I met a new guy at the gym. We started talking as just members of the same gym but it became a friendship over a few weeks.

Sis Hannah,

Lagos
Thanks for sharing the final part here
Kumar4india:
Good day LS,

I was introduced to your blog three months ago and I must confess,it has been a huge blessing to my life. I love to read the stories and how you and one of your commenters
[quote author=Dyt post=67618337]

OP, I will advise you to settle this with God only. The forgiveness of your husband holds no water if God does not forgive you. Truly plead for God's Mercy, then go & sin no more. And if you truly hear from God that you should confess to your husband, then go ahead. I am sure God has settled it beforehand

Guard your marriage with all jealous, if you still have interest in it.

I do tell my gf that if she mistakenly cheats on me, she should seek the face of the Lord & keep it a secret from me till deathgrin I can't bear the heavy pain. 'Igbe kinkin leti awo, bi oju ba kuro nibe, okan le ma kuro nibe'
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Kumar4india: 10:59am On May 20, 2018
Mm
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Tinalex(f): 11:35pm On May 20, 2018
If you still want your marriage ,don't tell him!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Kumar4india: 8:09am On May 21, 2018
H..
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by turpsylegend: 8:57pm On May 23, 2018
Hmm
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by turpsylegend: 8:04pm On May 25, 2018
hmm
Re: Help!!! Am Trying To Build My Marriage But Guilt Is Killing Me! by Nobody: 5:26am On May 26, 2018
chivera018:
Made up story from a traffic hungry blogger.

And people will still drop comments here

smh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Grandma To Breastfeed Your Daughter / Beautiful Cotton Bed Sheets For Chikini Money / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.