Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,847 members, 7,828,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Toshiba A500 Not Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Toshiba A500 Not Charging (2915 Views)

My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2009
i just got a new toshiba A500 and the thing is not charging neither does it come on without the charger plugged in is there anything i'm supposed to do to the battery before it begins to charge?
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2009
i just got a new toshiba A500 and the thing is not charging neither does it come on without the charger plugged in is there anything i'm supposed to do to the battery before it begins to charge?

newly purchased laptop needs to be charge for 2hours before you can use it. The reason why the laptop wont switch on is because it hasnt got enough power on the mainboard. This is similar to a car battery it needs to be fully charge for it to produce power. Good luck
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2009
ok and i understand but when i put in the charger the battery charging light comes on then after like 30 seconds it goes off when i put on the laptop on the windows taskbar it shows battery 73% not charging
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2009
newly purchased laptop needs to be charge for 2hours before you can use it. The reason why the laptop wont switch on is because it hasnt got enough power on the mainboard. This is similar to a car battery it needs to be fully charge for it to produce power. Good luck

after charging for 2hours and still the same then disconnect battery+charger+other pheripherals e.g. speakers, printer, scanner etc hold your fimger down your laptop power button to release any static build up and then try charging it again for 1 hour that should do the trick. Good luck.
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2009
ok thanks i'll get back to you if it doesnt work by the way how do i know if the system is 64 or 32 bit cos i wanted to get 8gb of ram but was told if its not 64bit it will only use 3gb regardless of how much ram is actually installed
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2009
ok and i understand but when i put in the charger the battery charging light comes on then after like 30 seconds it goes off when i put on the laptop on the windows taskbar it shows battery 73% not charging

the setence i highlighted is a known issue, so you"re not alone. many people has experience this problem and microsoft is not doing anything about it. I take is vista mostlikely. ok the reason why you has that problem was simply, correct me if am wrong. you once charged your laptop to let say 50-70% and then start using it. am i right ? the reason that

being is because the laptop has got memory cells on the battery which means if you were your laptop to 50% and then start using it and the runs down to 20% and then re-charge the laptop we now struggle to memorise. so therefore nect time make sure your laptop is 1 or 0% flat then charge. what you need to do now is let the battery run flat follow my previous instruction and then charge for 1hr.Good luck
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
sorry for spelling mistakes just had to hurry that up as am responding to another thread somewhere.Good luck
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2009
i dont know if it was charged cos my mum got it for me in saudi and she put it in a bag cos she said the box was too bulky the major problem is that when i removed the charger the computer goes off like there is no battery installed so i cant even get it to run down the battery i dont know is it a problem with the battery?
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
follow my previous instructions, like i said and after that if the laptop still turn itself off when charger disconnected, then it could be wrong charger or the laptoo itself. do me a favour, will you ? check the usb ports to make sure no damages and also laptop need to be on a table not on bed or any soft surface. I"ll quickly pop dow to manu website and see if i can found any know issues. Good luck brother
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2009
the usb ports are ok all working (one is even supposed to work even if the laptop is off cant wait to test that) its on the floor is that the same as a table everything seems to be working fine except the charging
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
just stormed across this, toshiba battery recall. yours might be on the list. just have a look.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?soid=1501060

Good luck
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2009
kai let me check hope i'm not affected o
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2009
well i didnt see A500 on the list but could it have a different product name in the U.S?
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
but i go still check my battery to see if its made by sony
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by deji2009(m): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2009
but i go still check my battery to see if its made by sony

Ok, let us know here how you get on am sure the tecs would want to know. Good luck
Re: Toshiba A500 Not Charging by aaidel(m): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2009
well thanks for the help contacted the store the laptop was gotten from and they told me that it was the last one on display they sold to my mum so they put in a dead battery so as not to spoil the one the laptop came with. so as soon as i can get someone to go the shop with the receipt they'll happily give me the battery and remote control for the laptop.

abeg anybody knows how much i can get the battery for in nigeria cos i the person that is going to the store can only go on fridays and then only God knows when she can send it down to naija.

but my other question about the ram still stands can i go ahead and upgrade to 8gb even if its a 32 bit system?

(1) (Reply)

Hp Laptop And Dell:which One Is Better / Hp 820g1 For Sale / Ever Experienced a 'Black Screen' aka No Screen Display While pc is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.