Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 (31821 Views)

'NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland' / Dalung Redeploys Senior Sports Ministry Officials / Sports Ministry Unaware Of U23 USA Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Tombilly(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
sport minister is a confused fellow ....shame could not allow him go himself to return the money
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by macino1(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hmm
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by misscall247: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
shamefull

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by kings09(m): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
Jonathan 4 jst appoint am efcc chairman tay tay
bettercreature:
Buhari mehn!!! the man is something else.We just have to vote him out!
Make him carry him war against corruption go Daura
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by tdayof(m): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
hobermener:
He said, “I am happy to be a Nigerian, because in spite of all the challenges, you have taken the world by storm; you have by your performance given happiness to more than 160 million Nigerians.

Challenges that were brought about by your own irresponsibility. Nigeria is indeed a useless country. I bet if they had lost out, Mikel wouldn't have received a penny spent on the team. Stewpeed country, making her citizens go through untold hardship and challenges while the oligarchical few live in stupendous splendor.
Nigeria a useless country? And you hope to be successful in a country you called useless?
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by winkmart: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.

many are sick... few are roaming

2 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Echo50(m): 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
Be it known that, the money was refund because naija have gotten to this present level. when they get the trophy, they should come back(players) and have a handshake/ 50k each from the president.

2 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by kings09(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
I told sum1 dat sumtin is wrong sumwhr wit dis country. Awkward stuff hapn a lot in Nigeria n one cant seem to fanthom how humans can act so insanely n opposite of humans. Wen the world is moving forward towards advancement, Nigeria seem to be racing backwards to ancient days wit speed
hobermener:
He said, “I am happy to be a Nigerian, because in spite of all the challenges, you have taken the world by storm; you have by your performance given happiness to more than 160 million Nigerians.

Challenges that were brought about by your own irresponsibility. Nigeria is indeed a useless country. I bet if they had lost out, Mikel wouldn't have received a penny spent on the team. Stewpeed country, making her citizens go through untold hardship and challenges while the oligarchical few live in stupendous splendor.

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by bettercreature(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
kings09:
Jonathan 4 jst appoint am efcc chairman tay tay
Exactly! he has no business in state house! He is clueless
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by xynerise: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
Medicine after death....Nonsense
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by PrinceAbinibi: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
I am never surprised at the governance. You will not pay for your child's school fees but when he carries first you go dey scream that is my son.
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by derahhh(m): 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
After all the curses Mikel don collect for ds Nigeria#from crab to turkey....he single handed saves same Nigeria...how ironical
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Mistadora01(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
For their mind after much embarrassment
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by thugthang(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
May I know the benefit?
ct2:
When will I ever make first to comment Pls help me, been trying hard for years now
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
derahhh:
After all the curses Mikel don collect for ds Nigeria#from crab to turkey....he single handed saves same Nigeria...how ironical

That's the mind of an Igbo man for you. Not as vindictive, unforgiving as yorubaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by taurustm(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Obviously, the government weren't expecting any better performance from the football team. It was vividly expected as a waste that's the reason they didn't initially supported it. Because i can't really comprehend why Mikel should have lent a whole country like Nigeria such money. What he did was a good act and a good patriotic spirit to that matter, but it's clearly an absurdities on the part of this country. Are we so broke to supports and sponsors those who can still stand up to represent us globally despite the economy crisis. May God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by hobermener: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
tdayof:
Nigeria a useless country? And you hope to be successful in a country you called useless?
Zombeeee be careful who you quote. Think before rushing to your keyboard with itchy fingers to type. That Nigeria is useless has not detered the efforts of dogged nigerians to survive even in the face of untold hardship, just like the Olympic team. What responsible nation will leave her team who would represent her in the world stage to cater for itself, hoping its all gonna end up a disaster for them, but when they succeed, comes back to take the glory. If you can't reason rationally for yourself, ask someone to help.
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by derahhh(m): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
[quote author=hobermener post=48483050]
Zombeeee be careful who you quote. Think before rushing to your keyboard with itchy fingers to type. That Nigeria is useless has not detered the efforts of dogged nigerians to survive even in the face of untold hardship, just like the Olympic team. What responsible nation will leave her team

GBBAAMMMM!!!!...Nigerians still prevail n do great tins whrever dy find demselves despite d holabalo in d country

1 Like

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by apase142: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
Abeg dream team continue to put smile 4 our face Ooo Jare!! Even if dis Yeye Change dey make tinz Hard like kondo..

Mikel Captain fantastic 'Go for GOLD.. Its in u guys like peak milk
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
What is one bottle of coke doing on that table?
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
Very shameful Mikel had to pay for their bills in the first place .
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by YungMillionaire: 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
cool Sports Ministry? No way. This is the United States of Nigeria. We don't have a Sports Ministry. What we have is the Department of Sports. If you don't believe me go and ask our President Red Beret Dalung cool
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by oluwasegun007(m): 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Am so proud of Mikel.....Siasia really had a good thought taking him along.

As for the Minister.....i have nothing to say but that Nigeria is in trouble
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Lankious(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
I can't still belief this called Dalung is still our sports minister.He wouldve been relieved of his job some days ago if it were to be other serious country,no apology to nigeria
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by henrimoto(m): 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
aniteze:
Good one from the Gvt but more thanks to one of our 5% man called Mikel. My question is if Mikel didn't pay the money what could have happen by now?
Shame on the Minister of Sport. He had initially denied the fact that Mikel paid the amount.

Shame on the minister of Sports!!!
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Deilluminator(m): 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
WE WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY IF YOU ARE PATIENT WITH US.

That statement really kick my brain. I can't imagine the Government still begging for patient when the real deed needs to be done. Is this a continuation of cluelessness? For how long will we keep the patient?
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by brostheo(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
I thought the minister initially deny the report bout Mikel paying the bills! government full of lieyers!
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by WhoIBe: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
What a big shame, if the Ministry is broke then beg Mikel and come out openly. I do not know when all this unfit leaders will stop leading important sectors in this country.

what a disgrace
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by Excuzeme: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
hobermener:

Like most deluded people, you guys cant separate the problem from the solution!

Let me ask: is it from Dalung's pocket that the footballers should be paid, or from money allocated to the Sports Ministry (out of many competing Associations within that Ministry), by the Federal govt?

Secondly, if the Govt is short of funds (due primarily to the fact that the nation has been LOOTED-DRY by Jonathan and his forty thieves, something you all pretend never happened but refunds and confessions state otherwise), and also due to the falling price of Crude, which happens to be the major forex earner (from where funds are allocated to al areas of governance) for the country, is it not common sense that the Associations will also be short of funds?

If the Associations are short of funds, because the Government is short of funds (discounting the ones looted or stolen by our leaders in political office), is it not common sense that the Atheletes (footballers, Boxers, Wrestlers, Basket ballers, e.t.c) would also be at the receiving end?

What about Teachers that are being owed salaries in Osun state, Ekiti state, Anambra state and many mores states of the country?
What abut Doctors complaining about salaries?
What about the average Nigerian on the streets who is also feeling the shortage of money, is it Dalung that is also responsible for their plight?

If you want to criticise the Govt, please do but please ensure you do it in a sensible manner (after-all, people like you are the same set that says anti-corruption fight is a "Witch-hunt"!), so that the Govt can take you serious otherwise they will just read the lubbish you rote and term it as #Wailing.

Anyone that does not like Nigeria or cant join hands to make it better can please relocate to Syria or Afghanistan where there is constant power supply. Its not by force to live here
Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by MrMcJay(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Traditionally, the Sports ministry is a big pot of soup for charlatans to feed fat on. Each time there is a sports competition, people from the NFA and the Sports Ministry go there with their girlfriends and concubines. Now, these guys are paid US dollars as estacode and travelling allowances. It is not uncommon to see 200 people from the Sports ministry going to a competition as appendages.
However, Buhari stopped this madness by directing that only those who had business at Rio should go there.

Now, the Sports Ministry officials want the Dream Team and other members of the Nigerian contingent to fail and they're doing this by withholding funds. The reason is simple: Once there is a terrible outing, the government would institute an inquiry. The inquiry would be told that it's because the officials couldn't go on jamboree with the team. Next competition, the jamborees would be allowed so that the team can perform "better".

The fact is that the Minister of Sports and his gang are ashamed that the Nigerian team has done so well.

Dalung should be sacked and sent to Abakaliki to plant local rice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sports Ministry Refunds Mikel’s $4,600 by brojoshua: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nigeria was in a little problem, one of her sons who is reasonable and good came to her rescue. But the so called leaders who were appointed( by all means, rigging and so on,) and placed to manage the wealth of the nation looted almost all the wealth. And so may God bless him really bless him with the true thing. But destruction to all those who looted Nigeria's wealth and who have not repented and voluntarily returned all the wealth they looted. May all the good things in their lives be destroyed by devourers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles: Paul Onuachu From Standby To Starboy / Nedum Onuoha Left With Nasty Cut By Teammate (pics) / Solskjaer Reveals The Man United Players That Will Leave The Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.