Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid (12458 Views)

Bill Gates At The Wedding Of Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar In Lagos (Photos) / Bill Gates Speaks Pidgin English On BBC (Video) / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by olanshile2016(m): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Doing this while Nigerian rich men are bent on getting richer,nice one

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by WilliamsChelster(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
holluwai:
1 million dollar food
No, napkins
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
zicoraads:
This is impressive. Very laudable! One thing I have come to realize over the years is this; giving to the needy or poor and the rewards that comes with it is a universal thing. The Bible admonishes us to give and watch as the heavens will be opened and blessings will overflow. But the truth is that this doctrine is universal.

It doesn't matter if you are a Christian, Muslim, Jew etc. once you give, your reward will multiply.
Bro be not decived God needs your heart first.

The irony of it is that, non believers have understood this much more than Christians.
God needs your heart befor other things if not nothing for you
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by kapersky(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
START UR OWN BLOG

Hey, quys i jst updated my playlist on HOW TO CREATE A MUSIC WEBSITE LIKE TOOXCLUSIVE. Go check it out. Dont 4get to like, share nd subscribe.
http://youtube.com/multimegaschool
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by klosety45: 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by kaylex1994(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
9 gbosa for you bill....am impressed... That is the spirit we need in Africa now

1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Youngzedd(m): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
sapiosexual1:
This is a man, teaching our tight fisted Nigerian billionaires the true value of wealth.
We have the Babangidas, The Buharis (whose wife is a billionaire buh he is a pauper), The Danjumas, Obasanjo, Dantata, Our billionaire Men of God, etc etc all of them in one country, yet it's a total stranger who would teach us what it is to be humanitarian.
There is something about being black , it makes you over value the worthless things you have.

The last paragraph killed it.

Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by kenny1313(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
If this is the illuminati they are talking about, please were is the form? I want to join. Humanity before any religion.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Youngzedd(m): 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hope the evils Nigerians won't divert the fund and items.

Bill is one of the true son of the most high, not all those who claim to be, while their members and millions of Nigerians die in hunger.

The creator bless Bill Gates.
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Youngzedd(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
kenny1313:
If this is the illuminati they are talking about, please were is the form? I want to join. Humanity before any religion.

Haha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Electroweb(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
I hope it is not the genetically modified crops that he is donating to them to eat. I dey fear this people o!
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Burgerlomo: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thank you
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by NairaMaster1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Even the whole north east will be satisfied.

Meanwhile, the governor be like

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by DedeNkem: 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
Most of the money would be looted.
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by princee7(m): 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
did I hear someone say dangote that man is doing little for this country. I wonder if he will carry all his money to the grave
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by musicwriter(m): 12:03am On Aug 15, 2016
Before you all praise anybody, be informed Bill Gates is interested in Agriculture and have for sometime now along with a company known as Monsanto been scheming how to control grobal food supply and agro-chemicals.

Actually, he's now interested in every business you can think of, from pesticides, telecommunications, diplomacy, smart phones, media, agro- chemicals. Name it!. And any competitor that rears it's head is bought off immediately in it's infancy to stop them growing into a rival.
He's a typical example of the downside of capitalism. Its such a pity how a nice gentleman turned into a greedy monster- all in the name of capitalism.

There're better ways he could have helped these people, if indeed he want to offer real help, but food aid is not one of them.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by donnie(m): 12:09am On Aug 15, 2016
LordCenturion:
You see what I said the other day , Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and the rest are truly men and women of GOD not those useless pastors /imams that call themselves men of god instead of men of Dog, can oyedepo do this in his own country?, or can Chris okotie, or oyakhilome nor oritsejafor or adeboye instead they are ready to collect tithe and offering from that $1 million.... Useless people..... They collect money in exchange for their useless prayers, fraudsters....

You are very stupid. Talking carelessly. What you said is it based on research or you are merely reiterating useless beer parlour gist ?
When you cannot boldly confront your political leaders to live up to their responsibilities, you choose preachers as your scapegoats abi?

I challenge you to open a thread and I will fill it up with the good works of a few of God's ministers that I know.
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by justy15: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2016
quite commendable I hope it get to the right people without being hijacked by cabals in the north east
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by stagger: 1:01am On Aug 15, 2016
LordCenturion:
You see what I said the other day , Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and the rest are truly men and women of GOD not those useless pastors /imams that call themselves men of god instead of men of Dog, can oyedepo do this in his own country?, or can Chris okotie, or oyakhilome nor oritsejafor or adeboye instead they are ready to collect tithe and offering from that $1 million.... Useless people..... They collect money in exchange for their useless prayers, fraudsters....

You neglected to mention that Oyedepo's church was single handedly feeding civil servants in Osun state when Aregbe was owing his workers for 9 months. Redeemed had to start reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan road before a govt had to wake up to start doing something donkey years after awarding the contract. Is it because they do not broadcast it in the media?

It is only in Nigeria where FOOLS always expect religious leaders to provide services that a responsible govt is supposed to provide. Tell me where in the developed world (US, China, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Denmark, Norway, etc) that churches and mosques are responsible for doing what Buhari and his APC people were voted in to do. Just to pay people their basic salaries is a problem. A sitting governor will expend his state's money to contest election and will start owing workers thereafter for months on end, and then we expect the church or a Bill Gates to come to Nigeria to be feeding the population.

Look at Rwanda. Look at what Paul Kagame has done in that country. Do they have 2 heads?

And someone will come to tell me that it is now the responsibility of the church to be feeding a country's citizens. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 15, 2016
zicoraads:
This is impressive. Very laudable! One thing I have come to realize over the years is this; giving to the needy or poor and the rewards that comes with it is a universal thing. The Bible admonishes us to give and watch as the heavens will be opened and blessings will overflow. But the truth is that this doctrine is universal[b/].

It doesn't matter if you are a Christian, Muslim, Jew etc. once you give, your reward will multiply.

The irony of it is that, non believers have understood this much more than Christians.

Lol. Non-believers don't give in the hope that they miraculously receive more. [b]They give because of empathy
. We all have our different moral philosophies we abide by. The Christian's isn't universal nor does it apply to all!

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 15, 2016
musicwriter:
Before you all praise anybody, be informed Bill Gates is interested in Agriculture and have for sometime now along with a company known as Monsanto been scheming how to control grobal food supply and agro-chemicals.

Actually, he's now interested in every business you can think of, from pesticides, telecommunications, diplomacy, smart phones, media, agro- chemicals. Name it!. And any competitor that rears it's head is bought off immediately in it's infancy to stop them growing into a rival.
He's a typical example of the downside of capitalism. Its such a pity how a nice gentleman turned into a greedy monster- all in the name of capitalism.

There're better ways he could have helped these people, if indeed he want to offer real help, but food aid is not one of them.

The starving children in the north don't give a damn about your paranoid opinion. All they want is an end to their suffering.

BTW, your last statement makes absolutely no sense. Why the Bleep shouldn't he offer food aid when an entire region is suffering from famine? And the useless northern oligarchs keep getting rich.

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Icecream4U(m): 1:50am On Aug 15, 2016
zicoraads:
This is impressive. Very laudable! One thing I have come to realize over the years is this; giving to the needy or poor and the rewards that comes with it is a universal thing. The Bible admonishes us to give and watch as the heavens will be opened and blessings will overflow. But the truth is that this doctrine is universal.

christians concentrate on giving to pastors only. Sad, really sad.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by acmev2(m): 2:41am On Aug 15, 2016
CACAWA:
what have the flying General Overseers done with the billions they get from tithes?

Of all, I only know of TB Joshua.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Originalsly: 2:45am On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmm....... before we anoint Bill Gates Saint..... let's take a close look at this picture. Bill Gates supports population control.... to be more precise...sterilization of the poor in areas that are locked in poverty.
Is this a part of his plan? Let's chew this report before we swallow. Some was used to buy and distribute rice...great. The rest?.. for fertile land distribution to plant crops. Crops from improved seeds. Really?...where are these seeds coming from?...and are they modified?..modified for what purpose? Then for fertilizers.... fertilizers to plant on fertile land?.... then chemicals... chemicals for what? I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years time we hear about widespread miscarriages and stillbirth in this region. Never take gestures from these kind guys at face value. ..after all... he was involved in the Zika outbreak.
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by musicwriter(m): 4:13am On Aug 15, 2016
LucifersTongue:

The starving children in the north don't give a damn about your paranoid opinion. All they want is an end to their suffering.

BTW, your last statement makes absolutely no sense. Why the Bleep shouldn't he offer food aid when an entire region is suffering from famine? And the useless northern oligarchs keep getting rich.

How long would $1 million feed the people of Borno state? I'm sure it isn't enough for a day food for the state. And you think I'm myopic enough like you to think food aid is the answer to food shortage in Borno?
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by peacesamuel94(m): 5:05am On Aug 15, 2016
This is obviously the secret of his boundless and ever increasing wealth. Givers never lack!
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by peacesamuel94(m): 5:14am On Aug 15, 2016
LucifersTongue:

Lol. Non-believers don't give in the hope that they miraculously receive more. They give because of empathy. We all have our different moral philosophies we abide by. The Christian's isn't universal nor does it apply to all!
The law of cause and effect, karma, sowing and reaping is not necessarily a christian philosophy, but a natural law, empathy is part of why we give but it does not stop there.
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by 9jatatafo(m): 5:29am On Aug 15, 2016
Here is Bill Gate donating $1,000,000 to a people and Linda Ikeja along with Toyin Aimekhu almost ruined Mayowa's life just because of $100,000 for her treatment calling it a scam. If you have to give, give freely and free your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by LordCenturion(m): 5:51am On Aug 15, 2016
donnie:

You are very stupid. Talking carelessly. What you said is it based on research or you are merely reiterating useless beer parlour gist ?
When you cannot boldly confront your political leaders to live up to their responsibilities, you choose preachers as your scapegoats abi?

I challenge you to open a thread and I will fill it up with the good works of a few of God's ministers that I know.

Just look at ur stupidity dirtiest mouth to call someone a stupid, is that what ur Bible taught u?, to abuse?, I can see that u are one of the useless people we are talking about , who dem help? , those pastors are the one that spoil this nation, letting more people swim in a poverty, telling them that they don't need to be rich in this world yet they are getting richer everyday, churches and mosques has done more damages than doing something great in this nation,looks at the other countries where religion is not that much,but yet they are living fine, Nigeria as most religious country should be paradise but second to hell ,,, just tell me what religion has done to help people of this country, just tell me two things.

Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by Rainbow7(m): 6:05am On Aug 15, 2016
akanji1:
Let the money serve the purpose. Thunder go fire anybody wey chop am grin grin. We are cool
AMEN...but u we go still hear say pple dey die of malnutrition
Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by neweraomo: 6:15am On Aug 15, 2016
LordCenturion:
I like this bro

Re: Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid by John902(m): 6:20am On Aug 15, 2016
the last time Obama donated dollar to Nigerians and he had times two of the money donated when they Inflated the dollar while Naira was devalued. Americans are wise and cunny

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPEC Sends Oil Prices Crashing – Oilprice Report / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.