Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports (8851 Views)

NSE: Market Capitalisation Up N88bn / Nigeria: Report - Nigeria Loses 72 Percent Internet Revenue To Us / Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by luvinhubby(m): 8:46am On Aug 15, 2016
mesoprogress:
It's a pity, we have leaders that refused to think. It's unfortunate, they are not smart, they should have seen this coming and plan accordingly. Military intervention takes time and will worsen the situation.

Now oil prices are low, regions should be gradually weaned from oil. Why not grant ND their request of more resource control? Have a frank talk with them, have a time line to gradually heed their request. 60-40 is not a bad deal. Regions pay 40% tax to federal account on natural resources, be it oil, coal, minerals etc.

Though you can't give them 60% suddenly, hunger may kill other regions off. That's why you need a frank talk with niger delta. Current 13% can be Instantly jacked up to 20%, and subsequently increased by 10% yearly until 60% mark is achieved. This will give other regions time to adjust and seek other sources of income. I'm sure our ND brothers will accept this term wholeheartedly.

At the end of four years, nobody will be dependent on ND oil. They can afford to either develop or impoverish their land. The whole South want restructuring. Yoruba, Igbo, SS. Even middle belt is in game. Two northern regions can't hold the whole country to ransom. He that has ear, let him hear. This is for the good of all

Thank you very much.
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Flyingngel(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Leebeedo(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2016
Uduak2019:

Nonsense. That guy is right. We have over 5 Igbo villages here in Cross River, Our former governor Imoke is an Igbo man and speaks fluent Igbo. Rivers, I would say Igbos are over 65-70%...that's why Igbos dominate in all elections and have been ruling Rivers since 1999. Ikwerre is Igbo...don't let anyone fool you. The Ikewerre and Igbo divide only exist online, if you come to Port Harcourt...THEY ARE ONE PEOPLE, YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW. Delta is roughly 50% Igbo...they are many Igbo sub groups aside from Anioma and Agbor that many people don't know....that's why they think they are small. Itshekiri and Urhobo don't make up to 40%, and Ijaw is about 10%. Ijaws are predominately in Bayelsa but very tiny in Rivers and Delta. There is a reason why Asaba has remained the capital of Delta state despite Itshekiri and Urobo wanting to move it to Warri...they have tried under Ibori, Udaghan but realized it was impossible having seen how much of power and population of Igbos in the state. If Igbos were less than 50%, I swear they would have moved it to Warri via a bill in the State house of assembly but they know that 50% of the members in the house are IGBO, so you see why its not possible? I have lived in Calabar, Port Harcourt and Asaba...so I know.

Get your facts right. Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta state and cannot constitute a paltry 40% in delta while the delta igbos constitute 50%.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by ehikwe22: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2016
StOla:

As for the SS / NigerDelta, in the event that Nigeria has to split, you will do well to exorcise any Igbo village out of your new country to prevent Igbo encroachment into your territory. They are good at being humble like beggars when they come cap in hand, but once they think they have an advantage, their true character blossoms.
You do not need them for anything, they can only be a nuisance that nullifies whatever gains you made by exiting Nigeria.

Use them if you must since they are beggars without a choice, then discard them when they outlive their usefulness.

Don't be a fool to the Igbos, they only love fools as friends.
Kindly explain
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Efewestern: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2016
this is avoidable if only the government will be sincere about diversifying the economy, they keep saying they want to diversify the economy, instead of doing just that, they are pumping money into diversification of oil

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by fanficgirl(f): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2016
Nigerian main source of reeve bus is being destroyed and some YORUBAS and Igbo are still fighting over petty nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by hUmaneOne: 9:11am On Aug 15, 2016
Uduak2019:

Nonsense. That guy is right. We have over 5 Igbo villages here in Cross River, Our former governor Imoke is an Igbo man and speaks fluent Igbo. Rivers, I would say Igbos are over 65-70%...that's why Igbos dominate in all elections and have been ruling Rivers since 1999. Ikwerre is Igbo...don't let anyone fool you. The Ikewerre and Igbo divide only exist online, if you come to Port Harcourt...THEY ARE ONE PEOPLE, YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW. Delta is roughly 50% Igbo...they are many Igbo sub groups aside from Anioma and Agbor that many people don't know....that's why they think they are small. Itshekiri and Urhobo don't make up to 40%, and Ijaw is about 10%. Ijaws are predominately in Bayelsa but very tiny in Rivers and Delta. There is a reason why Asaba has remained the capital of Delta state despite Itshekiri and Urobo wanting to move it to Warri...they have tried under Ibori, Udaghan but realized it was impossible having seen how much of power and population of Igbos in the state. If Igbos were less than 50%, I swear they would have moved it to Warri via a bill in the State house of assembly but they know that 50% of the members in the house are IGBO, so you see why its not possible? I have lived in Calabar, Port Harcourt and Asaba...so I know.

You do not know delta state at all.
Asaba as a capital was created because babangida 's wife now late,Marian (babangida was president at then) was from asaba.
There has never been any move to relocate the capital to Asaba because warri has always been oversaturated to be a capital.Deltans aren't fighting with one another like you are thinking..they're peaceful.

The so called delta igbo occupy only 9 of the 25LGA in the state .they do not get upto 50%..

Unfortunately the ika and Ndokwa and ukwuani HATE being called delta igbo. That 2 languages are mutually intelligible doesn't make them have the same origin. The one people do not have the same origin with the igbo for instance

Aniocha north
Anoicha south
Ika south
Ika North East
Oshimili North
Oshimilli south
Ndokwa east
Ndokwa West
Ukwuani

The Urhobos have the largest population in the state.they occupy

Ethiope East
Ethiope west
Okpe
Sapele
Udu
Ughelli North
Parts of Warri North
Parts of warri south
Parts of warri southwest
Ughelli South
Uvwie
Not counting the Urhobo like areas such as Isoko north and south

Summarized, only the Oshimilli and Anoicha people call themselves igbo.Take that and stop these delta ethnic divisions

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 15, 2016
Efewestern:

[s]
you don't need to tell us about Igbos.. we SS esp. #urhobos #ijaws #itsekiri can never be Igbos #God4bid.., they themselves know their limit in the SS[/s]

Yoruba imposter with usual " WE SS"
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2016
ehikwe22:
Your argument is pointless. it would have made some sense if the people you are fighting over their population agrees to being Igbo. the fact that these people say they are not igbos makes everything you just type to be senseless.

I am Igbo, he is a m0r0n, so ignore him. Igbos make no claim or even desire to make claim to any part of the South South, also i want you to realize that some of these apparently useless posts are done by mods or moischevious individuals who want the tribal bashing to continue so they generate clicks and traffic.
Dont fall for that gimick! trust me no Igbo person agrees with this rubbish thaT PERSON POSTED!
Alot of such brain dead comments like that are made by mods or mischevious persons trying to create inter tribal bashing to drive traffic to a post and they use fake usernames to do it, you will see user names like musa: supporting hausa domination, Ayo: supporting tinubu or OPC, Chukz: supporting igbo idiosyncrasies.
The aim is to start an argument so people can commnet and the post gets lots of traffic which helps nairaland.com maintain a high alexa ranking.
My bro learn to ignore such rubbish
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You do not know delta state at all.
Asaba as a capital was created because babangida 's wife now late,Marian (babangida was president at then) was from asaba.
There has never been any move to relocate the capital to Asaba because warri has always been oversaturated to be a capital.Deltans aren't fighting with one another like you are thinking..they're peaceful.

The so called delta igbo occupy only 9 of the 25LGA in the state .they do not get upto 50%..

Unfortunately the ika and Ndokwa and ukwuani HATE being called delta igbo. That 2 languages are mutually intelligible doesn't make them have the same origin. The one people do not have the same origin with the igbo for instance

Aniocha north
Anoicha south
Ika south
Ika North East
Oshimili North
Oshimilli south
Ndokwa east
Ndokwa West
Ukwuani

The Urhobos have the largest population in the state.they occupy

Ethiope East
Ethiope west
Okpe
Sapele
Udu
Ughelli North
Parts of Warri North
Parts of warri south
Parts of warri southwest
Ughelli South
Uvwie
Not counting the Urhobo like areas such as Isoko north and south

I am Igbo, he is a m0r0n, so ignore him. Igbos make no claim or even desire to make claim to any part of the South South, also i want you to realize that some of these apparently useless posts are done by mods or moischevious individuals who want the tribal bashing to continue so they generate clicks and traffic.
Dont fall for that gimick! trust me no Igbo person agrees with this rubbish thaT PERSON POSTED!
Alot of such brain dead comments like that are made by mods or mischevious persons trying to create inter tribal bashing to drive traffic to a post and they use fake usernames to do it, you will see user names like musa: supporting hausa domination, Ayo: supporting tinubu or OPC, Chukz: supporting igbo idiosyncrasies.
The aim is to start an argument so people can commnet and the post gets lots of traffic which helps nairaland.com maintain a high alexa ranking.
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2016
Leebeedo:

Get your facts right. Urhobo is the largest tribe in Delta state and cannot constitute a paltry 40% in delta while the delta igbos constitute 50%.

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2016
ehikwe22:
Your argument is pointless. it would have made some sense if the people you are fighting over their population agrees to being Igbo. the fact that these people say they are not igbos makes everything you just type to be senseless.

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Ohaneche(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2016
StOla:

This bigoted loudmouth has been claiming Igbo ownership of the SS region. He has characteristically produced a 50% statistic from his arse as Igbos are wont to do. From "we SE and SS", it is now "we Igbos in the whole south, nothing like SS" The Igbo man has unilaterally declared the SS as non existing, and termed all as Easterners with Igbo majority. The ambitious and greedy Igbos never learn from their history fraught with self inflicted misery.

So Delta state is now 50% Igbo, minus the Itshekiri, Ijaw and Isoko, I reckon the Urhobos whose population has been dominating the state, account for just 25% versus the 50% Igbo.

Ikwerre are majority in Rivers, if they finally accept they are Igbos, then your majority claim in Rivers might stand.

That Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa have 1 or 2 Igbo villages that don't even constitute a local government area, doesn't make the insignificant Igbo size there translate to a majority in the general South South population.

That there are Yoruba villages in Edo and Delta, in addition to the Itshekiris in both states, doesn't make the Yorubas majority in the SS.

As for the SS / NigerDelta, in the event that Nigeria has to split, you will do well to exorcise any Igbo village out of your new country to prevent Igbo encroachment into your territory. They are good at being humble like beggars when they come cap in hand, but once they think they have an advantage, their true character blossoms.
You do not need them for anything, they can only be a nuisance that nullifies whatever gains you made by exiting Nigeria.

Use them if you must since they are beggars without a choice, then discard them when they outlive their usefulness.

Haven't you noticed that the more excellent people have become is the more they are being perceived with jealousy . Talk in football where most people crave to see Messi fall because he is the best, talk about your village where people talk ill and condemn that powerful rich man simply because he is better than..., now put Igbo in that case. Yoruba hapunu anyi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by activeguy: 9:36am On Aug 15, 2016
ehikwe22:

Yeah... and I have also come across some aworis' who says they aren't yerubas.

So what have u got to say about that ?
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by ehikwe22: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2016
activeguy:

Yeah... and I have also come across some aworis' who says they aren't yerubas.

So what have u got to say about that ?
If they say they're not Yorubas, then they are not Yorubas.
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by engrchykae(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2016
StOla:

This bigoted loudmouth has been claiming Igbo ownership of the SS region. He has characteristically produced a 50% statistic from his arse as Igbos are wont to do. From "we SE and SS", it is now "we Igbos in the whole south, nothing like SS" The Igbo man has unilaterally declared the SS as non existing, and termed all as Easterners with Igbo majority. The ambitious and greedy Igbos never learn from their history fraught with self inflicted misery.

So Delta state is now 50% Igbo, minus the Itshekiri, Ijaw and Isoko, I reckon the Urhobos whose population has been dominating the state, account for just 25% versus the 50% Igbo.

Ikwerre are majority in Rivers, if they finally accept they are Igbos, then your majority claim in Rivers might stand.

That Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa have 1 or 2 Igbo villages that don't even constitute a local government area, doesn't make the insignificant Igbo size there translate to a majority in the general South South population.

That there are Yoruba villages in Edo and Delta, in addition to the Itshekiris in both states, doesn't make the Yorubas majority in the SS.

i believe u should heed the advice he gave you at the last paragraph of not making the fatal mistake of taking imaginary refuge in ur imaginary ss erroneously believing they share ur hate.
the ss pretend to be against igbo in order not to be sidelined.
they were smart during the civil war if not the lawless 3rd marine commando would have done
a
Rwanda on them.
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by bashydemy1: 10:05am On Aug 15, 2016
junketer:
If ya smeeeeeell what the rock is cooking. I will be back later to comment. Make i go ask ifa why dem dey use bubu to punish nigerians.
So na Buhari say make crude oil price reduce or na him say make US And India reduce their demand for crude oil? also na him say make NDA dey bomb their region? hatred kill faster then aids.
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by opcon(f): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2016
and Bubu is still sinking money to intensify search for crude oil in the desert...smh
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Remii(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2016
basilo101:

Lol, i smell frustrations. the power of 5%
power of 5% indeed, all rigs and boats offhired several bread winners jobless roaming in town in NigerDelta, who that epp?
Re: Nigeria Loses N88bn As India, US Reduce Oil Imports by Alezy(m): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
Uduak2019:

Nonsense. That guy is right. We have over 5 Igbo villages here in Cross River, Our former governor Imoke is an Igbo man and speaks fluent Igbo. Rivers, I would say Igbos are over 65-70%...that's why Igbos dominate in all elections and have been ruling Rivers since 1999. Ikwerre is Igbo...don't let anyone fool you. Over 60% of Ikwerre marry from mainland...SE, the Odili's, Ameachi's, e.t.c...evidence of the strong bond and blood between them. The Ikewerre and Igbo divide only exist online by agent provacateurs, if you come to Port Harcourt...THEY ARE ONE PEOPLE, YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW.

Delta is roughly 50% Igbo...they are many Igbo sub groups aside from Anioma and Agbor that many people don't know....that's why they think they are small. Itshekiri and Urhobo don't make up to 40%, and Ijaw is about 10%. Ijaws are predominately in Bayelsa but very tiny in Rivers and Delta. There is a reason why Asaba has remained the capital of Delta state despite Itshekiri and Urobo wanting to move it to Warri...they have tried under Ibori, Udaghan but realized it was impossible having seen how much of power and population of Igbos in the state. If Igbos were less than 50%, I swear they would have moved it to Warri via a bill in the State house of assembly but they know that 50% of the members in the house are IGBO, so you see why its not possible? I have lived in Calabar, Port Harcourt and Asaba...so I know.
bro wat u said about delta is totally wrong. urhobo is 50% but no doubt Ibos re much. And They av not tried moving the capital since creation.

If not for babangidas wife, capital won't be in asaba. And urhobo has more reps members.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Consumated Business Deals On Nairaland / Who Is Richer Betwween Obasanjo And Dangote? / What Can I Do With 5,000,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.