Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? (1246 Views)

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / Canada Or Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? by xreal: 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hi, I need to know which of these two are better to study, a second degree specifically, I would appreciate your reasons stated. Thanks.
Re: Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? by symbian03(m): 9:28am On Sep 27, 2009
Canada is advisable if you can afford the fundings.
Re: Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? by xreal: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2009
@symbian03, alright thanks.
Re: Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? by strangleyo: 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
In Canada you can apply for immigrant status after graduating. If you can find a job as a through co-op, and/or work after 1 year you can get permanent residency.

In the UK they toss you out after you finish.

That being said if you're thinking about going back to Naija after graduation then I'd say the UK (Especially if a top tier university).
Re: Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? by xreal: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2009
@starangleyo, a friend once told me same. I think I believe now. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canada Or The Uk (london)which Is Better To Study? by justwise(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2009
strangleyo:

In Canada you can apply for immigrant status after graduating. If you can find a job as a through co-op, and/or work after 1 year you can get permanent residency.

In the UK they toss you out after you finish.
That being said if you're thinking about going back to Naija after graduation then I'd say the UK (Especially if a top tier university).

Thats not true, if u graduated here with ur masters, u can stay IF u want, nobody pushes u out or deport u if u stay away from crime.
U can apply for post-study work permit.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed: First International Flight, Lagos To JFK, Emirates / Bahrain Visa / 10 Exciting Ways Americans Do Christmas Better Than Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.