Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,073 members, 7,852,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. (507 Views)

Help! I Rendered Assistance To A Stranger. / Foreign News: Man Offered A Lady Assistance To Rape Her In The Woods (forest) / Man Kills FRSC Official Over Delay In Promised Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. by dsamedaniels(m): 2:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Good day fellow Nairalanders! Please my family need a philantropist to help settle financial burden on us, brought about by what I'm about sharing. My younger brother Joel by name schools at Delta state polytechnic Ozoro. on june 2016, he and some friends of his traveled to Asaba for a burial of their course mate parent. On the night of the burial they were arrested by police and taken to the station. After few days in police cell, they were tortured by men of the Nigerian police Asaba, to accept being cultist, of which after much torture, they all accepted. The police speedily pushed the case to court and they were tried and convicted and sentenced to Prisons 'Warri'. They requested #250,000 for the charges leveled against them to be reduced to avoid being sentenced for long period. We have raised that, but from june till date they are still in warri prisons. A week ago the Lawyer pursuing the case, told us the A.G has signed their bail, but we'l need 2 shortees to sign with the sum #160,000. We have people willing to help sign but we can't provide the said amount any more and it is just from thursday 11th august till tuesday 16th august we were given as deadline. Please help us free our brother and God almighty shall continue to reward you, he is just 23yrs and we all know he's innocent. Please call 07064762020 or 08152387333 for more clarifications. Thanks.
Re: A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. by matrix199(m): 5:47am On Aug 15, 2016
If your write up is this tight, then your knowledge in human rights and judiciary should be tight as well.

If the police told your family to pay that said amount to have your brother's jail term reduced, then they are trying to swindle your family. Once a case has been taken to court, it's no longer a police case, but a court case. A case can no longer be withdrawn after a verdict. Your brother should have denied his confessional statement in court, and claim it was made under duress.

But then, if truly your brother is a cultist, let him serve his term. Some lessons are well learnt the hard way.
Re: A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. by dsamedaniels(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2016
@Matrix first of all, I'l say thank u for ur comment. Bt sincerely he's not a cultist and it's no longer a police case, they are in prisons. Read well, I said the lawyer pursuing the case told us the (A.g) attorney general has signed their bail, we'r soliciting for fund for the shortees as requested by the A.g to grant them bail. Meanwhile, have ever heard or read how police torture innocent citizens in their custody? When will you have a chance to argue with a judge on what police has submitted as ur crime to the court? I'm not here to argue or keep explaining or defending, I'm begging for assistance.
Re: A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. by izzou(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2016
Bro, this kind of favour is not what you run into in nairaland

I feel for you sha

Maybe Seun can help

But your brother shouldn't have accepted what he isn't.
Re: A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. by dsamedaniels(m): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2016
@izzou thanks for ur concern, pray not to fall into the hands of Nigeria police, then u'l know you don't even have a say after torture. They are 'Beast' try and ask more people how those evil doers handle human. I'm not angry because of my brother but I have known their 'package before now.
Re: A Cry For Philantropical Assistance. by izzou(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2016
dsamedaniels:
@izzou thanks for ur concern, pray not to fall into the hands of Nigeria police, [s]then u'l know you don't even have a say after torture[/s]. They are 'Beast' try and ask more people how those evil doers handle human. I'm not angry because of my brother but I have known their 'package before now.

I have a say sir. Even after torture, I have a say.

In life, always learn to say the truth anywhere.

I wouldn't want to bring up my life stories here

At least your brother's case has shown you how a lie can land you in trouble

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Releases N500k To Fraud Victim / Recession: Woman Drops Suicide Note, Disappears | The Vanguard / 8 Year Old Abused Minor ‘disappears’ From Hospital In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.