Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Profitable Is Export Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is Export Business. (2981 Views)

How Profitable Is Cassava Processing And Exportation Business In Nigeria? / Nylon (santana) Business. How Profitable Is It And What Loss Is Incurable? / How I Started My EXPORT Business With Zero Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 8:21am On Aug 15, 2016
The sole and engine of every business is to make money and promote unity through their transactions with people of every tribe,now with the current economic situation of Nigeria,the FG is encouraging everyone to be exporting but my question here now is how profitable is this export business,like how many percent of ROI are you likely to realize after you get back your main money.
Wise and serious response needed.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2016
Nobody wan talk abi una no sabi anything about export business.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by rainmaker12(m): 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
we no sabi o
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by shapman: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Am so interested in 'mini exportation'. Been seeking resources though.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by omogidi234(m): 12:17am On Aug 18, 2016
Please check Nigerian Export Promotion Council site. They would have wonderful points for you. I am planning to go to the Lagos office one of these days.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
omogidi234:
Please check Nigerian Export Promotion Council site. They would have wonderful points for you. I am planning to go to the Lagos office one of these days.
Been to NEPC office in abuja, they treated me well but i want to know how profitable it is before i invest my millions in it.
thanks.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by omogidi234(m): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
prettyjoshua:

Been to NEPC office in abuja, they treated me well but i want to know how profitable it is before i invest my millions in it.
thanks.

Good. I haven't done before but a lot people told me it is profitable. Most especially now that Forex is high. They would pay you in forex you & have good Returns.

I am thinking the challenge would be the turn around time for payment by the foreign end user of the commodities and whether or not they pay at all.

We would be expecting experienced folks here to enlighten us.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by Lnxxxxx(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
This question is just too broad, same as asking how profitable is agriculture business. There is no answer because it depends on what you are exporting, where you are exporting to, Where you get your product from or are you producing it your self, what are the quality issues, internal (within the country) transportation issues, what type of contract did you get, is your product perishable? And the list keeps growing

Start with what do you want to export, get all the information especially, quality, quantity, cost, standard price range, regulator issues and capital. When you have done your research you start by looking for buyers.

Don't forget to leverage on experienced people's knowledge.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by dav8id(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lnxxxxx:
This question is just too broad, same as asking how profitable is agriculture business. There is no answer because it depends on what you are exporting, where you are exporting to, Where you get your product from or are you producing it your self, what are the quality issues, internal (within the country) transportation issues, what type of contract did you get, is your product perishable? And the list keeps growing

Start with what do you want to export, get all the information especially, quality, quantity, cost, standard price range, regulator issues and capital. When you have done your research you start by looking for buyers.

Don't forget to leverage on experienced people's knowledge.

Goodluck

You said it all..
let me assume @op is talking about exporting agriculture produces. if yes, then its very profitable . in fact investing in agriculture is very profitable.

one thing for sure is,never put profit first in agriculture but knowing the basic information is the number one key just as you said.

several of my foreign client keep encourage me to start exportation and also gave me several reasons and advantages to start exportation ....

hope those with real practicing experience in exportation will contribute to this thread

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks so much dav and lynxx.
I really want to start by exporting palm oil to ghana and south africa and with other agro produce and later to london and asia,ur advice and posts has been really helpful,hope more comments are made and i also need suggestions on what else to export and to which country.
#Blessings.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by Zdoh(m): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
No doubt at OP exportation is very profitable and lucrative especially now that the forex in on the rise.The idea is to get the right capital,producs,documents,reliable freight forwarder,banker and potential buyers.As long as these are obtainable with strong passion you must surely eat it bigger in the industry.As a newbie your aim should not be the profits but the passion to get yourself on the track.Agricultural products,solid minerals and finished goods are highly demand in America,Asia and Europe everyday.Meanwhile,you calculate your ROI by using the buyers quoted price either(FOB,CIF) most of the buyer do state their price on their buying thread.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by lazeal: 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
prettyjoshua:
Nobody wan talk abi una no sabi anything about export business.
to be honest with you, exportation business info has been out of reach for most people for decades and I have no idea why it has been like that. Nobody talks, nobody wants to let you know what's up.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by softsoul22(m): 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
Just passing by and i came across this. We are Reputable Custom licensed agent in Tincan port Apapa, contact for your documentations/clearing of all your export needs. If you need to know anything about export business? Feel free to contact me on the number listed below. Export Koso-wood, charcoal, cashew nuts etc. Email:digitalwisdom22@gmail.com, +2348122648651
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by page5: 12:06am On Aug 20, 2016
[right][/right]Most serious and experienced exporters will most probably ignore the OP

The truth be told, most people here think others owe them a duty to give information.

99.9% armchair exporters usually end up losing their money in the process.

You want anyone to take you serious and tell you if export business is profitable?

We are a very lazy set of people.

The best way to research information about any business is to look out for people already in the business as mentor.

You will offer to want to learn about the business or work with them and in the course of your discussion, you can ask questions such as op and your mentor will most likely be glad to answer you.

Alternatively is to engage consultants and pay them heavily to conduct research and investigate the ROI of any commodity of interest to you.

No one will take the op serious except the scammers who are out to teach him or her a lesson. They will tell you what you want to hear.

In fact you will be told 100% ROI IN 2months is possible!

There is no short cut to success, you are either ready to do real business or you go and do baba ijebu or other get rich quick business.

But my advise.

Look for experienced hands to guide you or else.........

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 1:09am On Aug 20, 2016
To be honest is really been great,nairaland is like a family,i have really learnt.
the truth of the matter is that am not putting in profit first,i just want to do the businesz for the passion i have for it,the intriques of the documentation,selling nigerian produce outside the shores of africa,the foreign partners and the whole process involved in it,i just want to get the business right and the dream is to build my company to be the number one exporting company in Nigeria like the OLAM GROUP,make a name for myself outside the shorez of Africa,get established.
I still need more info on how to get customers cos my plan is to travel to each country i want to export to.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by emmanuelbrown26: 3:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Well, i have the passion for it, even if i dont make expected profit, my major concern is to build myself around exportation, to grow and develop myself in it, but problem is how to source for buyers of my products
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by seunlicious: 5:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Pls add me my number is 07069522364
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by dboss444: 5:45am On Aug 20, 2016
prettyjoshua:
Thanks so much dav and lynxx.
I really want to start by exporting palm oil to ghana and south africa and with other agro produce and later to london and asia,ur advice and posts has been really helpful,hope more comments are made and i also need suggestions on what else to export and to which country.
#Blessings.

I'm into palm oil bussiness in Nigeria bussiness based in imo state. Any info on how to export palm oil to any country outside Nigeria will be good. I'm with you on this full time
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by dboss444: 6:01am On Aug 20, 2016
prettyjoshua:
To be honest is really been great,nairaland is like a family,i have really learnt.
the truth of the matter is that am not putting in profit first,i just want to do the businesz for the passion i have for it,the intriques of the documentation,selling nigerian produce outside the shores of africa,the foreign partners and the whole process involved in it,i just want to get the business right and the dream is to build my company to be the number one exporting company in Nigeria like the OLAM GROUP,make a name for myself outside the shorez of Africa,get established.
I still need more info on how to get customers cos my plan is to travel to each country i want to export to.

U just mentioned a name that mks me go mad anytime I hear that name, that name is OLAMS. My passion for agriculture was fuelled the more when I started studying that company last year. That company 1st started in nigeria in 1989 without 1naira dealing in cashew nd exporting cashew but now olams is in 70 countries worldwide. They own ok foods, caraway foods, crown flour mills, cherie foods. Tasty Tom. They control almost all foods in the world, a company dat strted in nigeria. Go nd see their rice in markudi nd nassarawa. I cnt tlk much cos I fit tlk frm now till next week about dat company if u need more info send me an email, I will help with pdfs on the company.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
That's great the boss,you can contact me on my email for the pdf's will be great@
Joshuaezindun@gmail.com
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by prettyjoshua(m): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Dboss44,i just read your posts in your profile and i agree with you,you can make a great source agent.
Am very serious in this business and one of my challenges waz how to source all these produce but since you can do that i think we're in for business,do well by contacting me.
And thanks to everybody that has contributed learnt that corn,sorghum are scarce in botswana but the issue is what do they really use it for and what is the safest way for these produce to get there(air or ship).
More contributions needed.
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by dboss444: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
prettyjoshua:
That's great the boss,you can contact me on my email for the pdf's will be great@
Joshuaezindun@gmail.com
Sent
Re: How Profitable Is Export Business. by Ltrust(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2017
Export business is a lucrative business to venture. It holds vast potential that is highly untapped and its development in Nigeria has been a positive one. The uptrend is largely due to the advancement of Information Technology and the downside fortune of the crude oil market forcing investors and government to explore alternative markets. Now, the future is non-oil products like sesame seed, ginger, shea butter, cashew nut, gum arabic, bitter kola etc. You will have known the world is like a global village and anyone can communicate with one another in real time due to the globalization of business.

You have decided to venture into the export of agro commodity from Nigeria. Due to varied nature of the export trade, you won't want to make a financial mistake. You won't follow a linear pathway. You will need a broader perspective. You will need a guide. You will need a business plan, a bankable plan, a comprehensive plan that will give you a roadmap in this industry. A business plan that details on the financial analysis with in-depth profitability analysis that specifies the return on investment based on the local and foreign prices of the different commodities.

Due to my many years as a player in the industry, I can give you a standard agro-export business plan, bankable, comprehensive feasibility studies/financial analysis/Cost & profit analysis for the export of Nigeria agro products with inclusive of market analysis and intelligence. its coverage is on sesame seed, shea butter, ginger, cashew nut and gum arabic.

Inclusive is 15 other vital documents with in-depth and illustrative coverage on agro-export procedures, payment systems, documentation, planning, risk analysis, shipping companies, export unit, pricing, quotation drafting, agro-export financing, transportation, and logistics, quality control, commodity price list, local product sourcing, foreign buyers etc./07033097160

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Ziplock Resealable Pouches To Order In Nigeria From VICTOR OSCAR COMPANY / I Lost my Blockchain Wallet access / Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.