Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) (35192 Views)

Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos / A Small Truck Carrying 40ft Container In Abuja (Photos) / Top 10 Hangout And Fun Spots In Ibadan And Its Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Handsome777(m): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Major Dark spots in Abuja (Photos)

ABUJA - Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory, especially the city centre is considered safe, especially when compared to other parts of the country. But the city which had in recent months witnessed a couple of murders and string of robberies also has its black spots. Criminals lurk around such spots which are usually deserted in the evenings and early mornings, looking for opportunities to strike.

While the usual victims are passer byes, investigations also revealed that some taxi operators collude with criminals by driving through the dangerous spots and slowing down or pretending that the cabs developed faults to enable their collaborators robbed the passenger(s) in their vehicles, mostly at gunpoint.

Struggling with the criminals had also proved fatal for many of many victims with corpses being picked up regularly at such spots by authority of the capital city. Most of these spots are well known by the high numbers of the city cabs drivers; most especially the non-printed cabs.
Pictures below show some of the major black spots in the city.

Walking on or around the bridge linking the famous Yar’Adua Centre and the National Mosque in the early hours of the morning or early evening can be a dangerous affair. There are daily reports of people, especially ladies being robbed of their bags, phones and other valuables by knife and other dangerous weapons wielding criminals. The criminals take cover in the thick vegetation around the area – cover to catch their victims unaware and also escaped there after any ‘operation.’

The Gudu roundabout, a major passage for those going into Garki and Apo area of the city is also a deadly place to be, especially in the evenings or early in the morning. Street urchins who who are never in short supply around the bush in the area regularly rob unsuspecting people with the aid of dangerous weapons.

Dantata bridge along the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport road is also one of the spots where you could get robbed in Abuja. You could get robbed walking on top or under the bridge which is about 5 kilometers from National Stadium early in the evenings or mornings.

For More: http://nigerianinterest..com.ng/2016/08/major-dark-spots-in-abuja.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by veekid(m): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by herzern(m): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
If you are not safe in Abuja....

Please.....where else can one be safe?? grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by herzern(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
cool
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
True

Saw this on http://naijacnn.com this afternoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by DICKtator: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
Those places mentioned would even be darker with the economic situation of things!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by dynamo007(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
Make i come book space grin
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
Some pple will soon come here and say fayose bought a land around dose areas.

Buh why always himhim undecided

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by richidinho(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
Where is Berger under bridge?

Where is zone 3 under bridge ?

13 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by omaiyale: 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
Aso Villa people have also lost their lives there

2 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by timilehin007(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
Add Jabi

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
all join...no place wey no get' ghetto
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by DICKtator: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Getintouch2004(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nice.

That Dantata Bridge is something else at night.

Others:

*Arab Junction
*Juje Bridge
*Giri Junction (That place na die)

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by mytime24(f): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
dynamo007:
Make i come book space grin
give mi 1ticket embarassed

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by jordinsparkles(f): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nectarbaba(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Okkk i see. We need to legalize gun in Nigeria leme see any bastard that would try to rob when i got revolver by side. Just thinking out loud tho

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by saint047(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
Being generous is inborn; being altruistic is a learned perversity. No resemblance. - Robert Heinlein
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
which one be early in the evening again..u people will shaa not kill us with grammer in Nigeria...

9 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
Berger under bridge.... Very very notorious
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Edweenadubem: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
I totally agree with that mosque roundabout heading towards Yaradua Centre and Silverbird. My Aunty's car was snatched at gunpoint there in 2013. It was later found by the Police...
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by bluesky30(f): 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
Police and other security agencies shuld be deploy to the above mention area S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ to protect the mass of hoolums and criminals.

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Princess4ng(f): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
Federal Capital City.... Even my Akwa ibom fine pass am..... Akwa ibom ayaya

6 Likes

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Getintouch2004(m): 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
grin
doctorkush:
which one be early in the evening again..u people will shaa not kill us with grammer in Nigeria...

grin grin grin Lol, u too like wahala. OP meant after sunset ni.
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by EdDave(m): 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Finance bridge. Zone 7. Street urchins live on that bridge. There s robbery there everyday once it s 7pm.

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by kenoz(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by bluesky30(f): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
Police and other security agencies shuld be deploy to the above mention area S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ to protect the masses from hoolums and criminals.

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by buharisbae(f): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nectarbaba:
Okkk i see. We need to legalize gun in Nigeria leme see any bastard that would try to rob when i got revolver by side. Just thinking out loud tho

i support we need to legalize gUn cudda shot some fvck people

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
Getintouch2004:
grin

I have to voice out my brother... abi we have suffered enough naa. imagine
Handsome777:
Major Dark s which is about 5 kilometers from National Stadium "early in the evenings or mornings".[/i]
For More: http://nigerianinterest..com.ng/2016/08/major-dark-spots-in-abuja.html
Getintouch2004:
grin

I have to voice out my brother... abi we have suffered enough naa. imagine .. early in the eveningS or morningS...

1 Like

Re: Major Dark Spots In Abuja (photos) by nigeriafilm(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
Talk of robbery,Nigerians get robbed daily in Aso villa, National Assembly, CBN, NNPC tower and in so many places.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Ngwa Road, Aba In Abia State (Photos) / Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt / 524 Roads And Bridges That Buhari Is Constructing In Nigeria (see The List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.