Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Nursing or Printing Technology? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nursing or Printing Technology? (994 Views)

For The Nurses And Nursing Students / Nursing(a Great Career) / Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing or Printing Technology? by Bulga(m): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2006
I am planning to pursue a career in nursing or printing industry in the UK. I have equal likeness for both, so I do not know the one to choose. I would like to start one of them by acquiring a bachelors degree in it's field.

My friends told me that nursing is the bomb because I will get a better financial support while studying and a better salary when I start working. But I am a little bit afraid of choosing nursing because a lot of people are now rushing into it and I guess the profession will be saturated in the next few years and that may be when I will graduate because the course takes 3-4 years to complete.

As for printing technology, it means that at the end I may become a printer or lithographer. The pay may not be that good but I will have the chance of becoming selfemployed in Europe. And when I am tired of living in the western world I can easily go back to Nigeria and set up a decent printing business.

Good people of Nairaland, please let me know the best way I should follow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Nursing or Printing Technology? by Ezecom(m): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2006
I suggest you go for printing since the opportunity of self-employment is there. Yes, nurses are well paid, but they work too much and have no time for their families, friends etc. The profession is somehow a modern day slavery.
Re: Nursing or Printing Technology? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:46am On Dec 15, 2006
My friends told me that nursing is the bomb because I will get a better financial support while studying and a better salary when I start working

you will get good financial support while studying[b]if [/b] YOU ARE A RESIDENT of the U.K and might get financial support as an international student if you are dead broke and cant continue your course
Re: Nursing or Printing Technology? by Bulga(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2007
Happy New Year to one and all.

I thank you guys for the response. Loverbwoy, I understand your points. I will go for any of the courses as an European Union (EU) applicant.

Nairalanders, more response will be highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

How can one invest in the Nigerian stock market? / Shell Selection Test / Is This How The Work Suppose To Be Or Am I Killing(wasting)my Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.