Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage (954 Views)

MI Abaga Visits Jay Z's Roc Nation Office In New York - Photos / Tiwa Savage Denies Joining Illuminati, Explain ROC Nation Sign / ROC Nation Welcomes Tiwa Savage To Record Label [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by TunezMedia: 5:46am On Aug 16, 2016
Tiwa Savage has calmed fears of her many Nigerian fans who believed that the Mavin star, might change her style of music to favour her new label.

According to the pop star, her association with Roc Nation will not change her style of music, she said in a recent interview on New York’s radio station- Hot 97

“I met B High (Jay Z’s cousin, and Roc Nation chief of mobile strategies), I got a call, and he mentioned it and… He was serious.

“They really just want to bring what I already have to offer to the rest of the world, and they truly believe in the movement. So yeah, I’m really excited about it.

“The reason why we did not really make too much noise about it is because a lot of people come over from Africa and they say they’ve got this deal and that deal, and then nothing happens. We just wanted to do it the proper way, get it official.

“I didn’t want to do that to my people. I wanted them to really believe that it was really happening, so we wanted to wait for the right time, and the time is now.”

In the interview, Tiwa promised to promote Africa’s genres of music : “Right now, the prominent music out of Africa seems to be Afrobeat or Afropop (depending on what you want to call it).

“Essentially it’s just music with African elements. Whether it be the rhythm, or maybe the native language. As long as you can have one or two of those, then it tends to be associated with Africa.

“I think everybody essentially, we all have an element of it, but we are all influenced by the music coming out of America, we are influenced by Hip-Hop, we are influenced by Soul Music, R&B, and I think that is the beauty of it.

“Blending both markets together. So when you say African-American, truly, that’s where it should be, between the African and the American world, just blending both together.”

Roc Nation remains a multi-faceted entertainment company of global recognition, founded by American hip-hop great, Shawn Carter, popularly known as Jay-Z.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/08/roc-nation-dont-want-me-to-change-my.html?m=1

Lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 Ijebabe Ishilove

Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by HungerBAD: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2016
Tiwa Savage.

Keep your style of singing.

You seem to make good choices musically,but when it comes to men?I mean,common we are talking about Teeblizz the childish drug addict,really?

He has been suspiciously quiet,or he has no more money to buy data since you walked away as his source of livelihood?

Tiwa I know you can do better.

Ishilove come and recommend a good man for her.

2 Likes

Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by WilliamsChelster(m): 5:58am On Aug 16, 2016
Chai, but this lady is hot sha

Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:00am On Aug 16, 2016
If u like u can change ur style

1 Like

Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2016
Why u cum dey telos nah undecided sad angry
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by youngest85(m): 6:03am On Aug 16, 2016
Has she left mavins?
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by kossyablaze(m): 6:39am On Aug 16, 2016
Na u sabi...
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by Mrop(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2016
iwo loma mo oo
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Your life your headache my signature my business
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by Afrok(m): 7:38am On Aug 16, 2016
It af du nah shocked... she's stylishly choking us with this Roc Nation of a thing like say its our business undecided
Tiwa stop stressing yourself, Nigerians have accepted u and your new label cheesy
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by anigbajumo(m): 9:26am On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Tiwa Savage.

You seem to make good choices musically,but when it comes to men?I mean,common we are talking about Teeblizz the childish drug addict,really?

He has been suspiciously quiet,or he has no more money to buy data since you walked away as his source of livelihood?

U don't need to throw jabs on Tbills to make yer point,use yer IQ bro.....

1 Like

Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by Smellingmouth: 9:31am On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Tiwa Savage.

You seem to make good choices musically,but when it comes to men?[s]I mean,common we are talking about Teeblizz the childish drug addict,really?

[/s]

Baba,why you dey shade your fellow man na?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3987472_confusedwill_jpegd96f7d700fb7c9ffd5ffb174264bbb0d
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by Ishilove: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Tiwa Savage.

You're a good man na cheesy
Re: ROC Nation Don't Want Me To Change My Style Of Music -- Tiwa Savage by joseph1832(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Personally not that I listen to your music, but frankly, I don't really care the style of music you sing.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Reekado Banks – Spotlight @reekadobanks / 20 Years On, Tupac Reigns As Potent Global Force / Meet Hillary Clinton’s Personal Doctor, He’s A Yoruba Man (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.