Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts (1092 Views)

DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / God Used A Witch To Save Me From Death By Kolanuts - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by zinachidi(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2016
A yet-to-be identified Nigerian pilgrim has landed in trouble in Saudi Arabia for taking kolanuts to the holy land.
The pilgrim, it was learnt, was caught with 10 kolanuts on Monday afternoon.
The pilgrim was said to have been fined 10,000 Saudi Riyals, amounting to 1000 Riyals per kolanut.
A source who spoke with the acting Ambassador of Nigeria in Saudi Arabia Monday afternoon confirmed the development, saying the Saudi authorities viewed the importation of kolanuts into the Kingdom as illegal.
As at the time of filing this report, officials of the Nigerian Consulate in Jeddah were still pleading for the pilgrim.
Our correspondent gathered that under Saudi law, anyone caught with narcotic drugs will face the death penalty.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/15/saudi-arabia-arrests-nigerian-pilgrim-with-kolanuts/
Re: Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by Lilimax(f): 8:30am On Aug 16, 2016
Yes! Kolanut is categorized as narcotic drugs in Saudi Arabia shocked

See as gworo put this man for trouble. Abeg make dem temper justice with mercy
Re: Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by Perfecttouch(m): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2016
Lilimax:
Yes! Kolanut is categorized as narcotic drugs in Saudi Arabia shocked

See as gworo put this man for trouble. Abeg make dem temper justice with mercy
ordinary kolanut again? Didn't they ok the man at the airport? That person must be an elder, they can't do without kolanut now

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by kaokao2015: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2016
I hope they understand that its drug as well
Re: Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by jaymejate: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2016
So in other words, chopping of kolanut for there is an abomination? Or carrying kolanut enter the country?
Elaborate pls
Re: Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by dorox(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2016
I guess the idìotic Saudi regime that banned kola-nuts is either too stupìd, or too ignorant to know that the caffeind in kola is enssentially the same as the caffeine in cocacola or coffee. Or perhaps they are just being racist towards Africans as they have always done. How else can you explain why taking caffeine the African way through kola nut is banned, but taking it the western way through a bottle of coke or a cup of coffee is allowed?

It is not the Arabs that I blame, it is the stupìd Nigerian man that spends badly needed dollars to visit a country where the word for a black man and a slave are synonyms.
Re: Saudi Arabia Arrests Nigerian Pilgrim With Kolanuts by dorox(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2016
This is the kind of topic that should be on the front page as it concerns the welfare of a Nigerian in a foreign land instead of the trashy trash about big butt and birthdays that we see.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Lesson 30 , March 26 2017 / Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis / Bisola Johnson,accuser Of T.B. Joshua Exposed In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.