Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis (1090 Views)

Christ Paid The Price. I Refunded Him. Now I Sin. / Have I Committed The Unforgivable Sin? - Paul Ellis / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
I heard a pastor of a large church tell his congregation, “God hates you, God is sick of you, God is frustrated with you, God is weary of you.” And why is God in such a dark mood? Because of our sin and apathy. Jesus went through hell for us, but we can’t even show up to church on time.

I wish sermons like this were rare, but they are not. Religious manipulators love to frighten those Christ died for because those who are afraid are easier to control.

The truth is God loves you like crazy.

He loves you when you’re up and he loves you when you’re down. He loves you when you get it right and he loves you when you get it wrong. Whether you’re preaching condemnation from the pulpit or receiving it in the pew, he loves you.

“But Paul, does he love me when I sin?”

Aren’t you listening? Haven’t you seen the cross?

The proof of God’s amazing love is this: that it was while we were sinners that Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8, Phillips)

You need to settle this in your heart. God loves you. Period. Whether you’re in the zone or the gutter, the one constant you can count on is your Father’s unwavering love for you.

1 Corinthians 13 gives one of the best descriptions of God’s love.

Love endures long and is patient and kind … it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. (1 Corinthians 13:4,7–8, AMP)

The love of men is frail and weak but your Father’s love endures forever (Psalm 136). The real question is not whether God will always love you but whether you know and enjoy his love.

Every one of us needs our Father’s hugs. Every one of us needs a home where we are loved for who we are. If you have not found a home in your Father’s embrace, your legitimate desire for love and acceptance will lead you to inferior sources, like dead religion.

The strange thing about that “God hates you” sermon was that it came packaged as a message of love. “God loves you, but he hates you.” Why do people listen to such nonsense? Because they hunger for love. If bearing God’s anger and hatred is the price of his love, they’ll pay it. It’s a tragedy. We need love, God has love, but between us is the love-vendor of religion, prostituting the love of God and charging us for what is already ours in Christ.

Don’t listen to his diabolical sales talk. Don’t let him tell you that your sins are causing God to withhold his love from you. Listen instead to the gospel of God’s grace and acceptance:

Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in scripture. (Romans 8:35, MSG)

https://escapetoreality.org/2017/04/27/does-god-love-me-when-i-sin/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:31am On Jun 04, 2017
morning
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
jiggaz:
morning
nnnnn
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:14am On Jun 08, 2017
morning
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2017
afternoon
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
evening
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2017
afternoon
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
Thank you Lord Jesus....
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Afternoon
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
Good news
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:36am On Oct 28, 2018
Lord Jesus... The altogether lovely One!!
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:18am On Jan 18, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by Charisplus(f): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2019
Thank You Lord for loving us just as we are. You loved us even when we were enemies how much more now that we are children. Your love is eternal and NOTHING can separate us from this great love. Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
Charisplus:
Thank You Lord for loving us just as we are. You loved us even when we were enemies how much more now that we are children. Your love is eternal and NOTHING can separate us from this great love. Hallelujah!
Amen.... Thank you Lord Jesus!!
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by oaroloye(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
MISHIGAS!

GOD DOES NOT LOVE SINNERS- NO MATTER HOW OYINBOS TRY TO TRY TO SPIN IT!

They have to have that Belief, in order to control the devout Churchgoers in their own countries and in their Colonies.

Otherwise, they would revolt at the actions of their Rulers, who commit even abominable Sins in the course of exploiting their national resources and those of countries whom they prey upon, to maintain their Standard of Living.

oaroloye:
SHALOM!

The Hypocritical False Christians impose crushing burdens on their victims, and do nothing to relieve them.

Such as the Burden of Believing that GOD LOVES those who HATE Him, and yet will imprison them in HELL; the Burden of Believing that God LOVES THEM, while doing NOTHING to ELIMINATE their LOSSES and SUFFERINGS.

Their problem is that they equate HEARSAY with THE WORD OF GOD.

.     EXODUS 20:1-21.

AND God Spake all these Words, Saying,

2. "I (am) The LORD thy God, Which have brought thee
out of The Land of Egypt,
out of The House of Bondage.

3. "Thou shalt have
no other gods before Me.

4. "Thou shalt not
make unto thee
any graven image,
or any likeness (of any thing)
that (is) in the Earth beneath,
or that (is) in the Water
under the Earth:
5. "Thou shalt not
bow down thyself to them,
nor serve them:
for I The LORD thy God
(am) a Jealous God,
visiting the iniquity
of the fathers
upon the third and fourth (generation)
of them that hate Me.
6. "And shewing Mercy
unto thousands of them
which love Me,
and keep My Commandments.

7. "Thou shalt not take
The Name of The LORD thy God
in vain;
for The LORD will not hold him guiltless
that taketh His Name in vain.

8. "Remember The Sabbath Day,
to keep It Holy.
9. "Six days shalt thou labour,
and do all thy work:
10. "But the seventh day
(is) The Sabbath of
The LORD THY GOD:
(in It) thou shalt not
do any work,
thou, nor thy son,
nor thy daughter,
thy manservant,
nor thy maidservant,
nor thy cattle,
nor thy stranger that (is)
within thy gates:
11. "For (in) six days
The LORD made Heaven and Earth,
the Sea,
and all that in them (is),
and rested the seventh day:
wherefore The LORD
Blessed the seventh day,
and Hallowed It.

12. "Honour thy father and thy mother:
that thy days may be long
upon the Land
which The LORD thy God
giveth thee.

13. "Thou shalt not Kill.

14. "Thou shalt not commit Adultery.

15. "Thou shalt not Steal.

16. "Thou shalt not bear False Witness
against thy Neighbour.

17. "Thou shalt not covet
thy Neighbour's House,
Thou shalt not covet
thy Neighbour's Wife,
nor his Manservant,
nor his Maidservant,
nor his Ox,
nor his Ass,
nor any Thing
that is Thy Neighbour's."

18. And all the people saw the Thunderings,
and the Lightnings,
and the Noise of the Trumpet,
and the mountain smoking:
and when the people saw (it),
they removed,
and stood afar off.

19. And they said unto Moses,

"Speak thou unto us,
and we will hear:
but let not God Speak with us,
lest we die."

20. And Moses said unto the people,

"Fear not:
for God is come to prove you,
and that His Fear
may be before your faces,
that ye Sin not."

21. And the people stood afar off,
and Moses drew near unto the Thick Darkness
where God (was).

GOD MADE IT QUITE CLEAR, FROM THE OUTSET, WHAT HE CONSIDERS "LOVE," AND WHAT HE DEFINES AS "HATE."

THE TERM "LOVE" in The Bible does not mean the same as is used in English. In the New Testament, there are 11 different words that are blandly translated "LOVE."

THE SOURCE of these definitions is STRONG'S EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE, by James Strong, which will be recognized as authoritative in any Institute of Higher Learning.

THEREFORE, ANYONE NOT CLARIFYING WHAT THEY MEAN BY "LOVE" IS EITHER IGNORANT, OR A HYPOCRITE.

The Word for the type of "LOVE" that THEY MEAN: "EROS: Romantic Love," is NOT used in The New Testament.

The intellectual Atheists and Christians alike ALL KNOW THIS, by definition, and are therefore DELIBERATELY DECEIVING THE LAYMEN, when they use the term "LOVE," without telling them that there are TWELVE DIFFERENT MEANINGS to the term.

That "CHRISTIAN" Intellectuals and Clergymen ALSO HIDE THIS DOCTRINE is positive proof that THEY ARE BOTH WORKING TOGETHER.

I recognize NO DISTINCTION between the Oyinbo that says that they are ATHEISTS, and those that say that they are "CHRISTIANS.

All UNIFORMLY hate the Lord Yahshua! All are working to manipulate us into serving THEIR Ends!

.    JOHN 14:1-27.

"LET not your heart be troubled:
ye believe in God,
believe also in me.
2. "In my Father's House
there are many Mansions:
if it were not so,
I would have told you.
3. "And if I go and prepare
a place for you,
I will come again,
and receive you unto myself;
that where I am,
there ye may be also.
4. "And whither I go ye know,
and The Way ye know."

5. Thomas saith unto him,

"Lord, we know not
whither thou goest;
and how can
we know The Way?"

6. Jesus saith unto him,

"I am The Way,
The Truth,
and The Life:
no man cometh
unto The Father,
but by me.
7. "If ye had known me,
ye should have known
my Father also:
and from henceforth
ye know Him,
and have seen Him."

8. Philip saith unto him,

"Lord, shew us The Father,
and it sufficeth us."

9. Jesus saith unto him,

"Have I been so
long time with you,
and yet hast thou not
known me, Philip?
He that hath seen me
hath seen the Father;
and how sayest thou then,

'SHEW US THE FATHER?'

10. "Believest thou not
that I am in The Father,
and The Father in me?
The Words that I
speak unto you
I speak not of myself:
but The Father
that dwelleth in me,
He doeth the Works.
11. "Believe me
that I am in The Father,
and The Father in me:
or else believe me
for the very Works' sake.
12. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;
AND GREATER WORKS
THAN THESE SHALL HE DO;
BECAUSE I GO
UNTO MY FATHER.'

13. "And whatsoever
ye shall ask in my Name,
that will I do,
that The Father
may be Glorified
in The Son.
14. "If ye shall ask any thing
in my Name,
I will do it.
15. "If ye love me,
keep my Commandments.
16. "And I will pray The Father,
and He shall give you
another Comforter,
that He may
abide with you
for ever;
17. "Even The Spirit of Truth;
Whom the World
cannot receive,
because It seeth Him not,
neither knoweth Him:
but ye know Him;
for He dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you.
18. "I will not leave you comfortless:
I will come to you.
19. "Yet a little while,
and the World
seeth me no more;
but ye see me:
because I live,
ye shall live also.
20. "At that day
ye shall know
that I am in my Father,
and ye in me,
and I in you.
21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself
to him."

22. Judas saith unto him,
not Iscariot,

"Lord, how is it
that thou wilt
manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"

23. Jesus answered
and said unto him,

"If a man love me,
he will keep my Words:
and my Father
will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode
with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and the Word which ye hear
is not mine,
but The Father's
Which sent me.
25. "These things
have I spoken unto you,
being yet present with you.
26. "But The Comforter,
Which is The Holy Ghost,
Whom The Father
will send in my Name,
He shall teach you
all things,
and bring all things
to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said
unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you,
my Peace I give unto you:
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart
be troubled,
neither let it
be afraid."

ONLY THOSE WHO KEEP THE LORD YAHSHUA'S COMMANDMENTS LOVE GOD, OR ANYONE.

Other types of "LOVE" are IRRELEVANT.

ONLY those who LOVE LORD YAHSHUA are LOVED BY GOD.

Extremely stupid and foolish idiots try to claim that God loves everybody.

That is the MOODY HERESY.

This LIE breaks down the ability of the Christian Recruit to think for themselves.

If they can be made to believe that THE BIBLE SAYS that GOD LOVES EVEN SINNERS, but their COMMONSENSES tell them that THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of GOD Loving the World, nor THEM, they will have to DISCARD their COMMONSENSES in order to KEEP THEIR BELIEF IN THE BIBLE.

The Clergy ASSURE their victims that BELIEVING GOD LOVES THEM, and THE WORLD, when He clearly DOESN'T, is called "FAITH."

They therefore run the risk of mental breakdown from trying to reconcile an insane paradox, so, they leave understanding The Bible to the Clergy- never realizing that THEY WERE SIMPLY LYING TO THEM.

If they had not taken leave of Commonsense, they would know that THAT was NOT the DEAL God had with PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE.

The HEROES of The Bible did not SIT & SUFFER, "taking COMFORT in the STORIES of HOW GOD HELPED OUT THEIR PREDECESSORS;" while expecting NOTHING LIKE THAT, in THEIR Time!

They USED their FAITH, and NEWLY-CREATED their own stories of The Power of God to us ward that Believe."

OBEYING GOD'S COMMANDMENTS PHYSICALLY IS WHAT BUILDS FAITH.

You KNOW God WILL attend to YOU, because YOU attended to HIM.

.     1st JOHN 4:8-5:5

8. He that loveth not
knoweth not God;
for God is Love.
9. In this was manifested
The Love of God toward us,

"BECAUSE THAT GOD SENT
HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
INTO THE WORLD,
THAT WE MIGHT LIVE
THROUGH HIM."

10. Herein is Love,

"NOT THAT WE LOVED GOD,
BUT THAT HE LOVED US,
AND SENT HIS SON
TO BE THE PROPITIATION
FOR OUR SINS."

11. Beloved, if God so Loved us,
we ought also
to love one another.
12. No man hath seen God
at any time.
If we love one another,
God dwelleth in us,
and His Love is Perfected in us.
13. Hereby know we
that we dwell in Him,
and He in us,
because He hath given us
of His Spirit.
14. And we have seen
and do testify
that The Father sent The Son
to be the Saviour of the World.
15. Whosoever shall confess
that

"JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD,"

God dwelleth in him,
and he in God.
16. And we have known
and believed The Love
That God hath to us.
God is Love;
and he that dwelleth in Love
dwelleth in God,
and God in him.
17. Herein is our love made Perfect,
that we may have Boldness
in The Day of Judgment:
because as he is,
so are we in this World.
18. There is no fear in Love;
but Perfect Love casteth out Fear:
because Fear hath Torment.
He that feareth
is not made Perfect in Love.
19. We love him,
because he first loved us.
20. If a man say,

"I LOVE GOD,"

and hateth his Brother,
he is a liar:
for he that loveth not his Brother
whom he hath seen,
how can he love God
Whom he hath not seen?
21. And this Commandment
have we from Him,

"THAT HE WHO LOVETH GOD
LOVE HIS BROTHER ALSO."

WHOSOEVER believeth
that JESUS IS THE CHRIST
is Born of God:
and every one that loveth
Him that begat loveth him also
that is begotten of him.
2. By this we know
that we love
The Children of God,

"WHEN WE LOVE GOD,
AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS."

3. For THIS is The Love of God,

"THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:"

and His Commandments
are not grievous.
4. For whosoever is Born of God
overcometh the World:
and THIS is The Victory
that overcometh the World,

"(EVEN) OUR FAITH."

5. Who is he that overcometh the World,
but he that believeth
that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD?

THE HYPOCRITE WHO BREAKS LORD YAHSHUA'S COMMANDMENTS HAS BEEN OVERCOME BY THE WORLD.

They do not have the wherewithal to overcome THE DEVIL, because THEY SUBMITTED to HIM as their Master, when they HATED YAHSHUA, and BROKE his Commandment.

There is no such thing as LOVING GOD, but STILL Sinning.

NEITHER IS THERE ANY SUCH THING AS COMMITTING SIN, BUT STILL BEING LOVED BY GOD.

Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Thank you Lord Jesus...
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lord Jesus
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by davidinchrist(m): 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
The gospel of Jesus is revealed in Grace and Truth: not just one of them.

Grace = Love
Truth = Judgement

The gospel of Grace without Truth is as Demonic as that with Truth without Grace; no matter how it's painted. God's will for us is to be Balanced. Have you seen a bodybuilder with only one side of his body built up? Sure, he'll look really pathetic like those with failed plastic or body-building surgery. So, we should seek God's complete Will ; not just part of it, in order not to become pathetic spiritually.

John 1:14 KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his GLORY, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of GRACE AND TRUTH.

Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth No More sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of Judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. [28] He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

May Jesus Give You Light.
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:24pm On May 18, 2020
Thank you Lord Jesus
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by davidinchrist(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2020
davidinchrist:
The gospel of Jesus is revealed in Grace and Truth: not just one of them.

Grace = Love
Truth = Judgement

The gospel of Grace without Truth is as Demonic as that with Truth without Grace; no matter how it's painted. God's will for us is to be Balanced. Have you seen a bodybuilder with only one side of his body built up? Sure, he'll look really pathetic like those with failed plastic or body-building surgery. So, we should seek God's complete Will ; not just part of it, in order not to become pathetic spiritually.

John 1:14 KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his GLORY, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of GRACE AND TRUTH.

Hebrews 10:26-29 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth No More sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of Judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. [28] He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

May Jesus Give You Light.

It's better to get our truths balanced, so as not continue to live in a self-made world of delusion:

NKJV
John.5.14 - Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin NO MORE, lest a WORSE thing come upon you."

John.8.11 - She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; GO and SIN NO more."

Heb.10.26 - For if we sin "willfully" after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there NO LONGER remains a sacrifice FOR Sins,

Heb.10.27 - but a CERTAIN fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Mark.9.47 - And if your eye causes you to SIN, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire--

Mark.9.48 - where "Their worm does not die And the fire is not quenched.'

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2020
[quote author=davidinchrist post=89696884]

Heb.10.26 - For if we sin "willfully" after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there NO LONGER remains a sacrifice FOR Sins,

Every Christian must understand contextual reading of the Bible. It's criminal to take a portion of the Bible without considering the surrounding text, and give it any meaning we so desire.
This particular verse is always taken out of context by legalistic Christians. Now let's roll...

The book of Hebrews was written to Hebrew Christians, some of whom having received the gospel and then converted, went back to animal sacrifice. The writer says they have received the knowledge of the truth, that is, they have heard the gospel of our Lord Jesus but are sinning willfully. What does it mean to sin willfully?

The writer gave the answer in v4

“For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.”
‭‭~Hebrews‬ ‭10:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So it is clear that these "Christians" sin wilfully by performing animal sacrifice as an atonement for sin, thereby rejecting the blood of Jesus as the final sacrifice for sin. He repeatedly tries to drive home his point by stating that the sacrifice of Jesus is once and for all.

“By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”
‭‭~Hebrews‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.”
~‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

By forsaking the sacrifice of Jesus and embracing animal sacrifice, the writer says they have trampled the Son of God underfoot and treated the blood of Christ with disdain thereby insulting the Spirit of Grace.

“Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?”
~‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:29

By doing this, they now become adversaries to the gospel and will eventually face judgement if they don't repent.

“but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.”
~‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Recall that Jesus defined sin in John 16:9

“of sin, because they do not believe in Me;”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So the man that sins is the one who doesn't believe in Jesus being a final sacrifice for sin.

For such, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, meaning after rejecting Christ, which is the only recognized sacrifice for sins, there is no other sacrifice for sins that exists again.

Hope this is clear?

Shalom.
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by davidinchrist(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2020
[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=89700026][/quote]

Ok friend, even though you didn't seem to get the most important point of mine.

Jesus himself is able to give "anyone" light, NOT any man (not even us);

So, it's not about trying to prove that I am right and some else or others are wrong.

Thanks for your time,

Goodbye.

†***"""""""""""""""******

1John.3.8 - He who SINS is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

1John.3.9 - Whoever has been born of God DOES NOT sin, for His seed remains in him; and he CANNOT sin, because he has been born of God.

John 14:15 KJV
If ye LOVE me, keep my commandments.

(So, what if WE HATE him? Okay, I think we know the answer).

May we not lead ourselves and others astray.
Re: Does God Love Me When I Sin? - Paul Ellis by madegreatbygrace(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2020
[quote author=davidinchrist post=89696884]

It's better to get our truths balanced, so as not continue to live in a self-made world of delusion:

NKJV
John.5.14 - Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin NO MORE, lest a WORSE thing come upon you."

John.8.11 - She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; GO and SIN NO more."

When Jesus told the disciples that He wouldn't leave them comfortless, He was speaking from His heart and meant every word. When He assigned a particular task to the disciples, He equipped them with power and authority to cast out demons.

“Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

There was so many things to tell the disciples before His death and resurrection, but He knew bthey couldn't bear them, and so He held back till the Holy Spirit who will guide them into all truth was given.

Jesus understands man's limitations and so He doesn't place unrealistic expectations on people, especially when they are in an helpless situation.

When Jesus asked us to love, He knew it would be impossible to do it unless he helped us , and so He shed His love abroad in our hearts by giving us His Spirit(Romans 5:5). This way, Jesus will then be able to love through us.

What's the point ?

Jesus couldn't have been telling the man with the infirmity in John 5 and the woman caught in adultery to stop COMMITTING SINS, when the power had not been given at that time !

So what was the WORSE THING He talked about? The worse thing is going to hell. He was basically telling them to believe the gospel and be saved so they would not go to hell.

Now this is not about proving someone right or wrong. It bothers me when scriptures are misapplied and taken out of context. As a teacher of the word, i have a responsibility to exhort and to convince.

“holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Balanced truth is tainted truth.

Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Here Are The 31 Prophecies For The Year 2019 By (MFM), Dr. Daniel Olukoya / Revelation Of Stars Falling From The Sky, And Interpretations/inherent Messages / How The Marine Goddess Of Imo River Vowed To Stop Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.