Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Career Tips:surviving Unemployment - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Career Tips:surviving Unemployment (16381 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Surviving In Present Day Nigeria: For The Ex-corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Goldenheart(m): 7:44am On Aug 17, 2016
wink
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Cholls(m): 7:45am On Aug 17, 2016
my brothers and sisters as a married or in a serious relationship here is an advice for you.

1) Don't tell her right away. There is no point. You are a tree and she is a bird making a nest. Falling over does not help the eggs.

2) Keep your chin up, but don't put on an act. It will be painful for a while.

3) Be proactive. Read your resume - every line - and polish it. Fill in the blanks by using "- present" for the first month, then rounding up by one month. This gets you through 3 months.

4) Sell things. Have an eBay sale. Selling things at fixed price with a Best Offer feature is best as you can overprice it and let them talk you down. This lightens your load when you move and keeps money flowing in.

5) Teach yourself new skills. You can learn most anything online these days. Remember that the person hiring you mainly wants to know that you are working hard every day at the skills they require, not how much you are paid. So have a reserve of cash and keep working hard. For example, learn JavaScript or HTML5. In my case I learned WebGL.

6) Be patient. These days many jobs will find you if you are on LinkedIn. You should have a few agents looking, but don't publish your resume on a job board. Only send out exact matches, up to one per day (more in your field may be appropriate). Tailor your cover letter to each job.

7) Confess. Once you have some job prospects, then you can tell her that you lost your job. You probably will have to explain the travel, etc. It's ok to let her see you in a down time. This is when you are supposed to be a rock. It is in tough times that a man's character is measured.

8.) Cut out unnecessary expenses, but don't let it impact your dating life to the point of seeming cheaper than usual. That would show a very unstable budget. Have enough to cover a year of dates put away in advance.

9) Celebrate the new job. You will be strengthened by eventually finding a new position, and this will help your love life. Hopefully you carried yourself well during the down time.

10) Don't spend money you don't have. A promise of a new salary means you'll get a paycheck someday in about 30 days, so don't spend much until then. In fact, make sure your ask your new boss how long it takes to pay. Ideally it's 3 days after invoice.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Gkemz: 7:46am On Aug 17, 2016
I've come across this countless times.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by highrank(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2016
study your environment and supply them with what they need or render the service they need for them. production of daily needs products is one of the best ways to attain this with little capital .check my signature for further information.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2016
[color=#550000][/color] do people still talk of unemployment in this country? discover TINE GOD NETWORKS LTD A.K.A Tine Investments.
It a good platform designed to complement the fight for unemployment in Nigeria and World at large.
Visit: www.tineinvestments.com
or call 08037717613.
Facebook page: Tine God Networks Ltd.
Stop hoping in what this government will provide for you. with a minimum of 15k you will earn 76900k. Don't be deceived by old experience. discover something new and do something new.

1 Like

Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Rexyl(m): 7:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Nice write up. More grace to shed lights on issues baffling minds.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by mriyesecnerwal(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2016
After doing all that, you'll still earn 50 to 70k or 60k. GO AND LEARN A HANDWORK. It pays than just sitting down from 8am to 6pm building someone's wealth.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Willie2015: 8:57am On Aug 17, 2016
mriyesecnerwal:
After doing all that, you'll still earn 50 to 70k or 60k. GO AND LEARN A HANDWORK. It pays than just sitting down from 8am to 6pm building someone's wealth.

Simple thruth! No one ever get wealthy with salary job, its simply a rat race.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by realunclej(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2016
If you are out of job or you are a graduate without job, I have a business offer for you. You perform simple task and learn on the process, and you can count N100000 or more in a month. Lagos ONLY and you should be willing to meet me to discuss this. Contact me via 07066999466
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Innocent4Real: 9:49am On Aug 17, 2016
mesoprogress:
Only solution is entrepreneurship and innovation. Think of offering services people will always need.

Pls can u chart me on 08068804736. I want to find out something fro u. Tanx
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by roteman20(m): 10:24am On Aug 17, 2016
mmm pays.contact 08063888772 on watsap
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by MaeBlocks(f): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2016
U call N250,000.00 just?

careercrew1:
The best way to survive is by becoming an entrepreneur.

This is why I always advice people not to wait for a white collar job before you earn some money/income.

I even wrote an article on some businesses you can start with just little cash.

Please visit www.careercrewblog.com/2016/06/5-businesses-you-can-start-with-just.html for more information on that.

You can check my NL profile for my twitter handle and follow me on twitter for more info on entrepreneurship, career development and human capacity development. I follow back too.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by brightDdon(m): 11:27am On Aug 17, 2016
nice one,,,,,plz i will like to have your contact plz.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by deolumike(m): 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2016

1 Share

Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Hilles(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
Thanks Op..thats some useful writeup.
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
T
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
T
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
A friend got a job as office administrator, please what is the salary scale for this type of position
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by raindrop99: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
MMM is one of the best method of making money without stress. Make 30% of your money through MMM. i.e Any amount of money you deposit in MMM, you get 30% including your original deposit after 30 days. Its very reliable and easy. free money without working. To participate in MMM or learn more about MMM whatsapp me on this number 07067489129 or drop drop your number for whatsapp group chat
Re: Career Tips:surviving Unemployment by karokit(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
In the midst of the current economic hardship, mavrodians re smiling, while others are complaining that they haven't been paid their salaries for months, mavrodians re singing "I don get alert na God win" by koredo Bello
#mmmpays#mmmchanginglives#mmmreducingpoverty#mmmhelpingunemployedyouths

http:///?i=oduduke.kesiena@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Npower Benue State / Empower Nigerians 2021 / The National Universities Commission Suspends Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.